Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in great prices from these sites
eDreams
Agoda.comUSD 52
TripadvisorUSD 52
ZenHotels.com
StayForLong
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 January 2020

Hidden away near a small lake not far from Dambulla, we were delighted to find accommodation, food and service, plus ayurvedic massage - all of exceptional quality, at a price that didn't break the bank (the pool is lovely, too). We're already planning on going back, and spending longer than the two days we had last time.

Room tip: Each of the rooms is different, but even the less-expensive ones have real charm and character.
Date of stay: January 2020
MahindaT2, Manager at Athreya Ayurveda Ashram, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2020

Dear sir
Thank you very much for your lovely comment about our property & Your satisfaction is our happiness.

Reviewed 13 October 2019 via mobile

I stayed for one week and did the yoga course with daily Ayurveda treatments. Everything about my stay was wonderful. The location was beautiful. It was surrounded by lots of trees and there were no noises of cars (except when a guest arrived). The accommodation was beautiful and well maintained. The food, as everyone writes in their reviews, was AMAZING. The yoga course was extremely informative. I have practiced yoga for some years and this course gave me so much more information and has helped my practice immensely. The daily Ayuverda treatments made me feel wonderful and many of them were extremely luxurious. The people who run the ashram however were the highlight of my stay. They were all extremely nice and helpful. Thank you Shiron, Kingsley and Jeewani. I cannot wait to return.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
MahindaT2, Owner at Athreya Ayurveda Ashram, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2019

Dear Jane g
Thank you very much for your lovely comment about our property.

Reviewed 1 September 2019

I visited this place after I went to their first branch in Habarana, Sri Lanka. This place is very pretty and the massage was really good. I stayed for 3 nights and I was very sad to leave this place. the lake nearby is refreshing and the staff was very welcoming. Thank you I had a very nice experience.

Room tip: Wake up early for the yoga sessions, really worth it!
Date of stay: August 2019
MahindaT2, Owner at Athreya Ayurveda Ashram, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2020

Dear madam
Thank you very much for your lovely comment about our property & your satisfaction is our happiness.

Reviewed 6 June 2019 via mobile

Athreya Ashram is a beautiful place with a beautiful old village style natural atmosphere around. I don’t think i could have found this place myself because its a but off road. Thanks to my travel company who recommended this place. It reminds me of my old villages back in India, where it is so peaceful.
We took a 90 mins couple treatment which was 36 USD per person, they have special homemade oils. After the massage, they escorted us to the special steam room, the floor is covered with neem leaves, and this steam treatment was something i have never experienced alike before. Amazing shower rooms, then herbal tea with the local jaggery.
The complete experience was rejuvenating. If i am back to Srilanka, will definitely come back here.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shiv2701
Reviewed 26 May 2019

I spent over a week at the Asram. Incredible experience in the jungle surrounded by the most beautiful architecture. My cottage was so beautiful!, I went for the full Ayurveda treatment. From the first day I Keto this with Dr Yoshida, a knowledgeable Ayurveda Doctor whom I met everyday to receive diagnosis and go over treatments. I a, not new to Ayurveda or retreats but I received by far the best massages by Deepakand treatments... the staff and the food made daily by chef Sunil outstanding. Shiron the manager. Details such as flowers and other surprise details are top notch by Gunnawathi and Danawathi! This is a very authentic place I will go back! Oh mane does the best job helping setup treatments

Room tip: Air con is not there so ask for fans, we get used to those and are healthier to our lings
Date of stay: April 2019