“It's truly the caravan of dreams.”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Caravane de Reve

our team! Our desert camp in Erg l'Houdi
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
our team!
Our desert camp in Erg l'Houdi
Our Office in M'Hamid
At night in Erg l'Houdi
Oone of our sleeping tents
one of the sleeping Tents inside
Having a snack, Harira - the Moroccan Soup - Yummy!
Unforgetable nights with Nomade music and bondfire
need some shade?
Camp at Chegaga
Camel ride in Chegaga
The big restaurant tent
Having fun in the 'Big Sand'!
Just beautyfull
always delicious food!
our camp from the distance
off-road adventure
:-)
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Italian first
Any
LPlanetee...
Arlington, Virginia
“It's truly the caravan of dreams.”
Reviewed 24 February 2016 for a stay in December 2015
person found this review helpful

I had the incredible opportunity of visiting M'Hamid and joining a wonderfully hospitable crew to spend the new years in the Sahara. I requested to book at a time when it was peak season and wasn't sure if we'd be able to make our journey with Caravan de Reve. But Monika responded to my email within hours and the arrangement was quick an easy.

There are many folks out in M'Hamid who'd be eager to sign you up for an excursion, but your experience will vary quite a bit depending on who you choose to travel with. I'm glad that we went with Caravan de Reve. From the very moment we set foot at the office in M'Hamid and met Ali, I knew that me & my brother were going to have a great adventure.

We started with a fantastic meal at the hosts' family home and took the camels to Erg l'Houdi. The camp was excellent, really great accommodation without taking away from the desert experience. It was the new years eve. The mint tea flowed, we gathered on the sand and started to get to know the crew & fellow travelers. A delicious dinner followed and afterwards we enjoyed the music by the fire. My brother and I took a walk in the dunes and it felt so surreal.

Next day we took an SUV to Erg Chigaga. We stopped on the way to admire the beautiful desert. The camp at Chigaga was absolutely gorgeous and the dunes much taller. The group only stayed until the afternoon only us and one of the crew members remained. In the early afternoon me & my brother ventured far into the dunes. We walked for hours. I can't describe how amazing that feeling was, knowing that we're many many miles away from everything, and all that was before us was mighty Sahara.

Around dusk our fellow crew was worried & we found him looking for us, we assured him that we were just wandering around. Then it was evening & the stars came out. It's easy to forget how amazing the night sky can be, and there at Erg Chigaga, you can see the milky way like no other place, and all the stars. Again we were treated with absolutely amazing dinner and sat by the fire in the quiet, drinking tea.

Next morning we were taken back to M'Hamid in an SUV, the experience from the previous days had rushed by so fast. We thanked the hosts at the office and started back to Marrakech.

Ali, his brother, rest of the hosts & Monika - thank you for a memory that us brothers will remember fondly. It was an adventure that I'd like to go on again soon.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Management Response
24 Feb 2016
Thank you very nuch, and we are happy that you enjoyed you stay with us!
Hope to see you agan int the Sahara!
All the best Monika and all the Team of Caravane de Rève
Arto H
Southern Finland, Finland
“Great”
Reviewed 11 October 2015 for a stay in September 2015

I did 8 day trek with them from M'hamid to Foum Zguid with guide and two dromedars. Experience was fabulous and I got to see extremely versatile Sahara and some real nomad life with no tourist crap (because of the reality I wouldn't recommend this for spoiled little princes/princesses.)
Saying that the guide was professional doesn't honor him enough, because he was natural born nomad so he actually lives that life. (he didn't speak english, but for me it suited well).
They picked me up from Marrakesh day before the starting of the trek (for extra money of course) so everything was very fluent and easy.
I had payed 10 days in advance for them and only used 8 days so they refunded me as promised.

Arto from Finland

Liked best: Reality
Travelling group: Solo
579kirill...
Moscow, Russia
“Perfect vacation in Sahara”
Reviewed 31 August 2015 for a stay in August 2014

Me and my friends has a wonderful days in Sahara with a trip with Ali and his friends.
Ali provide to us a perfect service with a starry night in the desert. After that we have a good trip across Marocco. He is a good man and i still remember his relationship for us (not like tourists, like his friends) very well.

Travelling group: Friends
Emma B
“Amazing trip with the best driver and guide!”
Reviewed 1 August 2015 for a stay in July 2015

I had the pleasure of going on one of MTM's "Expirience Morocco" tours and I absolutely loved it! We picked the adventure tour from Marrakech 1 which was 3 days and 2 nights. The tour was filled with interesting spots to visit, but best of all was our driver Ali and guide Samir who made it an absolute amazing trip! The food and the desert camps we stayed at were also very good and I would definetley recommend the trip to a friend!

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Petra S
Nidderau, Germany
“Just great and wonderful!”
Reviewed 3 June 2015 for a stay in May 2015

I spent a wonderful time with Caravane de Reve. Every thing was just perfect, and as I expected it! The people were very observend and friendly, we spent many hours togehter with exchanging our cultures. The evenings with all the drumming and singing was just phantastic!
This perfect trip started already with the booking, Monika was very helpful and there were no difficulties at all!
It was one of my best holydays ever!
I'm sure it was not my last time with Caravane de Reve

Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The hospatility and the food
Travelling group: Freunden
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing