“very disappointing lunch and slow service”
Review of Locanda dell'Arco

Locanda dell'Arco
Ranked #16 of 35 Restaurants in Sorano
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

I arrived before 1:00 but when they eventually came to take my order, there seemed to be only 3 dishes on offer. I ordered one of these, but after an extraordinarily long time, they came back to say this dish was no longer available. So I ordered a lasagna.
After a while they came to change the flowers on the table. It seemed they to had wilted during the wait.
My sad little lasagna arrived, cold in the middle. All-in-all a very disappointing experience.

Reviewed 25 September 2016 via mobile

Very friendly location. Simple but honest, best lasagne since ages. If you expect the hippest food, you're wrong, its the right location to get really good food with local ingredients at a fair price.

Reviewed 19 July 2015 via mobile

The restaurant has traditional Italian cuisine, I felt like I was at the hosts house having dinner, because it is so welcoming and the hosts are so attentive and friendly. The menu is small but you are able to try lots of different things. A lovely family restaurant in a beautiful town.

Reviewed 8 January 2015

We read the reviews for this place on TA and decided to make it our dinner place for the one night we were in Sorano. It was a great choice! Locanda is a cute little restaurant, filled with mostly locals and a few tourists. We ordered bruschetta which was amazing!! We also ordered 2 primis, 2 glasses of wine and a cherry tartlet for dessert... all for less than €30!

Reviewed 1 October 2012

We were visiting Sorano for the first time and walking through the charming narrow streets we came across this charming Locanda. Judging from the simple menu outside I just felt this place was going to be an authentic local Tuscan experience.We had a charming lady serve us who bought excellent vino rosso della casa.Dell' Arco's menu is very small and I guess they change it according to the season and what the chef is in the mood for.We chose for starters Crostini misti della casa and Involtini di cinghiale filled with ricotta and zucchine,both excellent,simple but with some fantasy from the kitchen using local ingredients.Next I had fresh Tagiolini with ricotta and truffles,sublime and my partner chose a wonderful hearty bean and chickpea soup with fabulous local olive oil.Already being quite full and actually the menu did'nt contain many secondi we decided to take dolce,choosing a ricotta and orange mousse and cantuccini with vin santo.All in all a great experience,relaxed atmosphere,friendly service and the elderly owner walking around tables with a mixture of locals and tourists popping in.Great value for less than 40 EUR.Definately recommended!

1  Thank sempreaglio