“A destination cafe”

The Sound Cafe
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Cregneash
Price range: USD 8 - USD 26
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Recently refurbished and under new Management from March 2107, The Cafe at the Sound offers full length windows giving you a full view of the Calf of Man and surrounding countryside. A family business, where the food and service really count. Plenty of parking and easy access to the building, public toilets available. The Sound has around 60 seals living on the rocks and often you can see lots other types of wild life. The resteraunt seats around 80 inside and 30 outside and plenty of open space to use, walk and relax on. Dogs are welcome on the outside seating areas. We have a full bar available with beer on tap. The restaurant is available to hire for functions after 7pm at night, as we are open to the public every day accept Christmas day. The food is all freshly prepared and where we can we use local produce. We have a large selection of Cakes which are all home made. The Chef and owner Sam can cater for special dietary requirements. Rebecca heads up the front of house (and is married to the chef). We feel it has one of the best views on the Island and would love to have you come visit us.
Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

This will be my shortest review I have ever done " cheering is not nessecery " I have given maximum marks, to this cafe I have lots of points if I was running it myself but I am not and I am not giving away my professional tips. Great location great views good quality cafe and foods sizes and tastes to suit everyone including kids and special dietary requirements. My recommendation is to try it . Thanks guys you rock.

Reviewed 27 February 2018

We arrived from Douglas on the bus and although a sunny day it was very cold. The café was warm and welcoming, big smiles and great service.
We would have liked an afternoon tea but this wasn't an option but we decided to share sandwich's and cakes. Crab sandwich's and cheese and tomato, yum. The bread was very fresh and the fillings ample. The home made cakes were lovely although it would have been nice to have clotted cream with the scones. The lemon drizzle cake was really moist and tasty. What a lovely way to spend a lazy afternoon and they even have binoculars to use free of charge. The loo's were spotless too.

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

So my youngest son who turned 13 today wanted one of Chef Sam's roast dinners for his birthday.....and he wasn't disappointed!!!
Fabulous food, amazing service during a busy period and all the staff were Happy, friendly and full of smiles Chris even sang happy birthday when the cake was brought out
What a fabulous place to sit and watch the world go by.
Well done everyone on a very welcoming atmosphere and superb food.
Definitely worth a visit.
Thank you all once again, Chris, Chef Sam, Paul, Megan, Haydn, Titch, Danny, Abbie and Emma for a fantastic birthday lunch

Reviewed 24 February 2018

I don't think anyone could tire of a visit down to see the magnificent scenery in this area, it is quite simply stunning. No visit would be complete though without a visit to The Sound Café.
Lovely food and friendly staff, wonderful views but you will need good luck to bag a window table.

Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

A great place to take the family or friends. Decent food at their price and nothing beats the view that comes along with it.