Preferred Hotels
Washington, DC
Very Similar to Wynn Vegas but larger room and better spa
Review of Wynn Macau
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 22 Dec 2012
The Wynn and Encore in Las Vegas are not only some of the best hotels in the world, but also are usually a great value for 5 Star hotels. We stayed the Encore tower of the Wynn Macau and it was not cheap, so is not then"value" that Vegas can be. Having said that our room was larger and had even more amenities than in Vegas. It was beautiful and almost perfect in design and execution. We ate at the buffet (smaller than Vegas, but very high quality food), Encore cafe, with authentic Chinese food that was fast and good, and rom service which had a variety of types of Asian food that was excellent and reasonably priced. The highlight for me was the Encore Spa. The Encore Spa in Vegas is one of the best spas in the world, and this spa in Macau was much better. services are at least 50% less expensive than in Vegas, but here you get your own privates spa room with a private sauna, steam room and whirlpool. When my massage was over they brought out compllimentary fresh squeezed juice and a tray of snacks while I relaxed
Date of stay: December 2012
    AU$222
5.6 km from Wynn Macau
View more hotels in Macau
1,968 results
All reviews musical fountain massage room cigarette smell turn down service front office other hotels cotai strip wynn vegas casino suite performance concierge curtains signature palace hardware
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 December 2012

Having stayed in Las Vegas many times, I hope this review helps people get a feel for what to expect at the Wynn in Macau. The Wynn in Vegas is very similar in many ways and different in others. Overall, the atmosphere of Macau is very much focused on gambling. The table minimums are much higher than most anywhere in Vegas. There is less attention placed on food and entertainment than in Vegas. There are equally as many places to shop around the Wynn in Macau as there are near the Wynn in Vegas. As a brief rant... How many Cartier, Zegna, Gucci, and LV stores can there be in one place? Do these brands really make any money by having 10 stores in a 2 square mile radius? Sorry to get off topic, but it must be said!

The rooms in Macau are just as nice as the rooms in Vegas. The service and food are equally as good. The breakfast buffet is far less extensive than found in Vegas and that is a good thing if you ask me! The restaurants in the Wynn were very nice and less expensive than I thought they would be.

Location- Macau is a good walking city. You can easily walk from the Wynn to the historical part of Macau in 15 minutes or so. Having said that- Macau is a strange walking city near the casinos. It is not the Las Vegas strip in that regard. There are a number of very odd underground car parks that made us feel like we were in a Charles Bronson movie that was about to go bad! In other words, to cross the streets near the Wynn, you have to go underground and it is a bit creepy- yet we never felt unsafe.

The historical parts of Macau are really interesting and make the city unique. Worth the visit.

Other casinos apart from the few close to the Wynn require a taxi to access. We found the taxis cheap and easy to deal with. One piece of advice... have the concierge or bellman at the Wynn write the name of your destination in Chinese. The vast majority of the taxi drivers do not understand much if any English.

Macau was worth a few days and the Wynn was a great place to stay. It is interesting to see how the world is changing. I think Macau does almost double the amount of gaming revenue that Vegas does. After being there, you can see why. At the same time, Macau is not Vegas for entertainment and shows.

By the way, if you are a good poker player, the Wynn is the place to be. I will put it this way, more money and less competition than Vegas. That is my opinion for what it is worth.

Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank tpwoofs
Reviewed 13 December 2012

I always visit the poker room at Wynn Macau whenever I am in Macau. This trip was no different. We were in Macau in late November of 2012. Play at the Wynn Macau a few times, mostly Texas Hold'em poker at the poker room. They have 10 tables there. Sessions start with 25/50 blinds and as high as 5000/10000. Only can afford the 25/50 with a minimun buy-in of HK $2000. Can't imagine the buy in for the 5000/10000.

I think they have cash games only, no tournaments. I also played at the StarWorld's Poker King Club. They have both cash games and Sit & Go.

The poker action at the Wynn was good. Although I didn't make money during the sessions I still like to play there. Its always packed during the evening. Long waiting list, especially for the 25/50. Worse on the weekend.

If you are on the waiting list, give them your phone number so they will send you a message when you are up. One thing to take note, they text multiple people on the waiting list so its best to get there ASAP once you receive the text.

You have to buy the chips at the cashier window. This is different from Las Vegas where you can pretty much start playing while the host is getting your chips. StarWorld Macau does the same like Vegas where they can get you the chips while you are being sitted.

Oh, yeah, there is also Omaha in addition to hold'em in the poker room although hold'em is more popular. Hold'ems are no limit, not sure about omaha.

Happy Tripping!

Date of stay: November 2012
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
8  Thank JZ_HI
Reviewed 12 December 2012

I am genuinely so surprised to see negative reviews of this hotel, as my first and only experience of it was really wonderful.

My husband had arranged for us to spend one night here after our wedding ceremony, not really a honeymoon but just one night away from Hong Kong. We were met at the hotel by 3 or 4 staff, who somehow managed to take my bags without me really noticing, as they all escorted us to our 'room'. Inside the room was a bottle of champagne (with peach, kir or orange juice to add if we wished), a photo of my husband and i together, a card and chocolates from the GM and flowers. The room itself was stunning (in a very OTT kind of way!), with private massage room, living/ dining room, bedroom with double walk in closet and bathroom with jacuzzi bath and a steam room.

Getting ready for dinner my husband had forgotten his socks, so we called down to see if there was a shop with any. My husband was being a bit difficult saying he only wanted cotton, and only black etc, but they found a pair and delivered them with a smile within 20 minutes.

For dinner that night, we went to Il Teatro, and one of the staff who had escorted us to our room was there as we got out of the lift 2 hours later to show us the way to the restaurant. The meal was great, I loved the light and water show and the food too was excellent. The same man who brought us to the restaurant had offered to escort us back, although we declined.

The following morning we had room service breakfast and then some friends came over from Hong Kong to enjoy the room with us, as we had a 4pm checkout. The hotel arranged tickets for the House of Dancing Water (having been before I even specified seat numbers that the hotel booked without question) and more food in the room and then we all went to the pool.

Our room was quite a long walk from the pool, and so in my robe I ended up having to walk through the casino (probably not the done thing really but I had no idea how far it would be). After our swim I asked the pool attendant if there was another way back in my robe and he asked me to wait a few minutes. in the end, the group of 5 of us were escorted through all the back corridors to our room - which were, I must say, spotlessly clean and so interesting to see. I think 75% of the hotel must be back corridors and staff lifts! Nobody stared at us, everyone was smiling and there was a definite buzz as people went about their daily work.

I can't wait to return to the Wynn - I loved it!

Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank MissLambkins
Reviewed 6 December 2012 via mobile

Checked in this hotel couple times. This is always my first choice to stay in Macao with my girlfriend, we love the design of this hotel and the Chinese restaurant located next to the poker room(relocated recently) is the best in town. 158HKD for six dim sum which is a super value set lunch. The Red 8 restaurant also has the best bbq pork in town too. This hotel is located in the heart of the city, easy access everywhere to the peninsula of Macao. Staffs are helpful with the information we need....Great place for a weekend get away....

Date of stay: September 2012
Reviewed 5 December 2012 via mobile

Dear Readers,

I am frequent guest at the Wynn Las Vegas, i go there for shows, clubs, restaurants etc and also stayed at the Encore numerous times.

I wanted to see for myself Macau as people named it the next gambling center and compared it to Vegas.

The Wynn in Macau aesthetically, amenities and room wise is identical to Las Vegas with all the features and everything you would expect back home however the main difference is primarily that in Vegas you can walk around for a stroll take pictures, have a coffee and hang out, people watch, and it feels spacious with a swimming pool and Macau is Completely 100% focused on gaming and pure gaming. Meaning that if you are not playing then your choices of things to do is very limited. All the shops in the casino are all the big name brands back home therefore that's nothing new. They built the hotel solely for gambling and that's it. I hung out at the poolside and had lunch there for comparison and it's not as big or spacious or does have the scene in Vegas.

Perhaps, since i have lived in Vegas, i arrived to Macau with all pre conceived notions and ideas - Macau is purely gambling and gambling ; higher minimums and limits than Vegas and all games available including Asian games, Baccarat is HUGE. There was a texas holdem room for those interested in Poker.

I will post pictures for people to see.

Date of stay: October 2012