Preferred Hotels
Hotels.com
SolskjaerZA
Durban
In the heart of the action.
Review of Wynn Macau
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 23 Oct 2012
I spent 3 nights at the Wynn Macau a few months ago. It seems to be one of the most popular hotels in Macau as it regularly has full occupancy. I can understand why as the rooms are very large and comfortable, and the hotel is well located at the centre of a group of hotels such as Starworld Galaxy, MGM, Mandarin Oriental and Lisboa.

There is a large casino in the ground floor of the casino, and you will see many high rollers losing money like crazy. There is a Starbucks in the casino which is open till very late so that was pretty cool when spending late nights in the casino. I much prefer staying in this part of Macau, as opposed to the large resorts on Taipa Island like the Venetian, which are just too big and cannot handle the large influx of guests, the Wynn Macau offers a much higher level of personalised service.

I would definitely stay at the Wynn Macau in future if i visited Macau.
Date of stay: June 2012
1.4 km from Wynn Macau
AU$134
7.7 km from Wynn Macau
Free parking
Designed by world-renowned Zaha Hadid Architects.
WHotels.com
    AU$269
5.6 km from Wynn Macau
View more hotels in Macau
1,967 results
All reviews musical fountain massage room cigarette smell turn down service front office other hotels cotai strip wynn vegas casino suite performance concierge curtains signature palace hardware
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 October 2012

Crashed over for 1 night stay during family's wedding banquet, @ Wynn as well. Not sure if i was too beaten up by my jetlag and the celebration, however, one thing for sure, i indeed had a good night nap at Wynn (thank you). It certainly equipped me better to hop back on another transatlantic flight the next day.

Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Treffen
Reviewed 1 October 2012

We were upgraded to a suite on our arrival! What a suite and what a view we had!!!
This hotel has the best restaurants in Macau, you do not need to get out of the hotel. I think this is one of the best hotels were everything they had to offer is outstanding!!!
Service was amazing!!!!

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank sharon R
Reviewed 28 September 2012

Macau is a nice city to spend around 2 nights . You can rest after a intercontinental trip from south america to asia , and take time to gamble and also to eat in nice restaurants around the LAS VEGAS style hotels.
At the Wynn if there is a nice weather you can also join the wonderful swimming pool located at the center of the main building.

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank dkimport
Reviewed 23 September 2012

I stayed one night in July 2012. I loved my room, very spacious, had a huge sunken bath tub and a very large separate shower enclosure. I have to say the duvets they used and the mattress was amazing. I just sank into it and didn't want to get out of bed.

Sleepers, shoe polish, cotton buds, cotton pads all accommodated for.

Great for a few days, as I do think it lacks atmosphere as a Casino hotel, lots of very serious gamblers!! Not the place to gamble, if you just want a laugh!!

One comment I would make is, for the money I paid for the room, they do not provide free internet, which I think they should.

Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Paradox68
Reviewed 20 September 2012

We were staying in Hong Kong for 5 days and decided to break up our trip with a day trip to Macau. We decided on the Wynn purely because we had a great experience in Wynn Las Vegas a couple of years ago. I have to say although smaller than its Las Vegas relative, it still maintains all the great facilities and services you would expect, and surpassed our expectations. We booked a Delux Room with lake view, which I would highly recommend. Just to be able to sit by the window and watch those magical foundations over the lake was a great experience.
We took a very early TurboJet from Hong Kong as we wanted to make the most of our day in Macau and we tried to check in the hotel at 8am. We were very surprised that they allowed us such an early check in and allocated our room without hesitation.
We had a beautiful day in Macau, and the weather was glorious. If you are coming from Hong Kong for a day I would highly recommend staying over and wouldn’t bother with a tour operator. It’s a very easy place to navigate around, and all the main sights such as St Pauls are within walking distance of the hotel. I really enjoyed walking round at my own leisure, and wasn’t being driven by your typical tour service. We took a taxi ride approx 15mins from town over to Macau island where other hotels such as venetian, four seasons & hard rock etc are located. This area is quickly developing into the equivalent of the Las Vegas Strip.
Back at the hotel we enjoyed an afternoon at the pool, which was very nicely laid out, and overlooked by the main lobby area. In the evening we dined at Ristorante Il Teatro, and they seated us with stunning views over the lake. We enjoyed the lake shows, whilst tucking into a beautiful three course meal, which was very reasonably priced.
Overall if I ever have to opportunity to visit Macau again I would not hesitate to return to the Wynn; fantastic staff and service coupled by a great hotel, what more could you ask for.

Room tip: Request a Lake view room.
Date of stay: May 2012