Get rewarded with One Key
Buckley, Flintshire

Wyyyynnnnnneeerrrrr!!!!

Review of Wynn Macau
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 20 Sept 2012
We were staying in Hong Kong for 5 days and decided to break up our trip with a day trip to Macau. We decided on the Wynn purely because we had a great experience in Wynn Las Vegas a couple of years ago. I have to say although smaller than its Las Vegas relative, it still maintains all the great facilities and services you would expect, and surpassed our expectations. We booked a Delux Room with lake view, which I would highly recommend. Just to be able to sit by the window and watch those magical foundations over the lake was a great experience.
We took a very early TurboJet from Hong Kong as we wanted to make the most of our day in Macau and we tried to check in the hotel at 8am. We were very surprised that they allowed us such an early check in and allocated our room without hesitation.
We had a beautiful day in Macau, and the weather was glorious. If you are coming from Hong Kong for a day I would highly recommend staying over and wouldn’t bother with a tour operator. It’s a very easy place to navigate around, and all the main sights such as St Pauls are within walking distance of the hotel. I really enjoyed walking round at my own leisure, and wasn’t being driven by your typical tour service. We took a taxi ride approx 15mins from town over to Macau island where other hotels such as venetian, four seasons & hard rock etc are located. This area is quickly developing into the equivalent of the Las Vegas Strip.
Back at the hotel we enjoyed an afternoon at the pool, which was very nicely laid out, and overlooked by the main lobby area. In the evening we dined at Ristorante Il Teatro, and they seated us with stunning views over the lake. We enjoyed the lake shows, whilst tucking into a beautiful three course meal, which was very reasonably priced.
Overall if I ever have to opportunity to visit Macau again I would not hesitate to return to the Wynn; fantastic staff and service coupled by a great hotel, what more could you ask for.
Date of stay: May 2012
Room Tip: Request a Lake view room.
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
  • Agoda.com
4.6 km from Wynn Macau
View more hotels in Macau
1,968 results
All reviews musical fountain massage room cigarette smell turn down service front office other hotels cotai strip wynn vegas casino suite performance concierge curtains signature palace hardware
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 September 2012

We went to Wynn Macau as I was going to spend some money on my lovely wife and she mentioned that she would like to go to the Chanel retail shop at Wynn Macau. We went with our two children; 9yo & 4yo. My smallest child was a little tired, so like many fathers, I carried her on my shoulders and the moment we walked in the door of the hotel a very rude and grumpy hotel staff member walked up to us mumbling and pointing at my daughter. It took three attempts to understand what he was saying “Must take daughter off shoulders, very dangerous”. Firstly, I have lived and worked around the Asia-Pacific and the Middle East in the hotel and tourism industry and have never, by any establishment, been told that a child cannot sit on their parents shoulders (as employee or guest). Particularly when they are only 3ft tall. We argued for a few minutes (me in English, my wife in Chinese) to the point I decided to walk out and wait for my wife outside the hotel. Having never experienced such rude service and attitude from a hotel employee, I decided to go back in and get the guys name, ‘MAN’… when I walked up to him, he was still pointing and speaking rudely, he did the same to another western couple as they walked past the Buccleuch Vase display. I then went to the front office to try and get the name and email address of the hotel General Manager. On the way another guy told me very rudely to take my daughter off my shoulders. I must add that there were no pleasantries or professional explanation for me to take my daughter of my shoulders and at this point was stubbornly refusing to take her down. I asked a front office employee if I could please have the name and email address of the hotel General Manager as I would like to send in a complaint and wanted it to be sent to someone who can make a decision. He looked at me completely perplexed and said to me, “no, we don’t”, so I claimed; “so you don’t have a General Manager?” he said: “wait a moment”. He went through to the back office and got another person who came out and still could not answer me directly. He offered a comments survey form for me to fill-in, which I refused to do, then, without saying anything, made a telephone call. By this time, my wife, who was infuriated that a hotel could have staff acting and speaking to guests the way they were wanted to leave. So without any attempt to truly understand a guest, I told the Front Office staff that it’s too hard, I’ll just leave. So I walked out and will NEVER return to a Wynn property.
My wife suggested that I post this on TA to let other people, including (hopefully) the senior management at Wynn Macau know of my experience, which I feel is most likely a common occurrence given the consistency in ‘Man’s’ attitude toward other westerners to learn from our experience. I think it’s a pity that the GM seems to hide behind his staff. It would have saved them from having this post on TA. Furthermore, I’ve not worked or visited a hotel that a complaining guest could not get the contact details of the GM or have a decision maker assist with the issue to resolve it before they depart the property.
It baffles me that front-line employees, who are so vital to a hotels success are so often the last to be trained and taught how to truly communicate and deliver five star standards of service. In 20 years of hospitality and tourism management experience with a broad range of hotels and resorts I have never experienced such a bad example of ‘customer service’. Another great story to tell staff and students! Now we’ll take a weekend trip to Hong Kong and stay at the Mandarin Oriental; of course, for my wife to visit Chanel…

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
9  Thank Granto2005
Reviewed 2 September 2012

Wynn has my favorite casino in all of Macau. It's clean, new, wide, quiet, luxurious, and has great ventilation system; so that's great news for non-smoker like me. Most casinos in macau are filled with cigarette smog and noisy with annoying repetitive music. I've won chips here, so it's proven fair. That room rates are quite high but it's worth it's value. Lots of mainland Chinese tourists crowd the floor and plaza. But so does every hotel in Macau. The location is great. Ten minute walk to Sendora square. Also next to other fancy casinos. Closed to Macau ferry, so it's easy to ride to go to Hong Kong. Hotel should offer some room promotions, but highly recommended.

Room tip: Don't forget to request for non-smoking rooms if you prefer.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank antidoter
Reviewed 1 September 2012

Recently spent a week in Macau and elected to stay at the Wynn and am so glad we chose this resort over many others. Centrally located within walking distance to many local attractions and shops. We managed to secure an upgrade to a beautiful suite on the 22nd floor, immaculately presented room, faultless is the only way to describe it. Dined in house 3 times and was not let down at all, excellent staff who were able to assist with anything at a minutes notice. Lovely pool area with an awesome day spa. Will have no hesitations what so ever about returning to this resort

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Martin4368
Reviewed 31 August 2012

When I booked this hotel, I already thought that could be a very good experience. When I arrived there, everything was amazing!
Unfortunatly Macau isn't the best city to travel with an infant, but I realy enjoy it my stay!

Room tip: With kids, do not stay at Encore Tower, because the bridge connection with the Wynn Tower should pass trough a cassino - not allowed for kids.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Ksalles
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Wynn Macau is conveniently located in the center of Macau city.
The rooms are large and kept in top shape, nice and clean.
The hotel lobby is spectacular with a view towards the landscaped garden and swimming pool.
Wynn is definitely a little expensive but the main advantage of Wynn is that most of the staff speak good english which is something you will not find in most other hotels.
The restaurants in Wynn are amongst the best in Macau. Dont miss the Chinese(Red 8), Japanese(Mizimo) and Italian(Il Teatro) restaurants. Fabulous food.
Wynn probably has the most well-managed casino in Macau. nice and Clean. Other major casinos like Star World, MGM and Grand Lisboa are within walking distance.
The hotel also offers a long list of luxury shops for the shopaholics.
Overall a very glamorous place to spend your time.

Room tip: The lake view rooms overlook the Wynn fountains and the city view rooms look over the inner courtyard of the hotel, Encore towers and the city skyline. Try for higher floors.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends