“good location” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #77 of 93 Hotels in Macau
uae
“good location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2010

the rooms are small the food is average but for the price and location this hotel is hard to beat in macau, They need more english speaking staff if they want to cater to the english speaking clients. I have stayed at the Hard Rock, Rio, Sofitel and MGM in Macau and I would recommend this hotel based on overall value above the others

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
GaryMAK, General Manager at Lan Kwai Fong Macau, responded to this review, 23 May 2010
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you so much for your review.

In regards to your valuable feedback about our team's english speaking ability, you will be happy to know that we have hired an in-house english teacher recently to provide classes for all our front lines. I hope you will find the difference at your next stay.

Thank you once again and we are looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Gary Mak

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2010

I checked into LKF at 2 am - the receptionist was expecting me and promptly gave me my room card and I was asleep by 2.15am. The bed was very firm & comfortable.
Although the room was small, the furnishings and amenities were as good as a 5 star hotel.
The staff I met were all young females who spoke very well, were interested, courteous and helpful.
It was a very enjoyable stay and well worth it.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled solo
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GaryMAK, General Manager at Lan Kwai Fong Macau, responded to this review, 29 March 2010
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your compliment and so glad to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us.
I will definitely share your positive feedback with my team.

Thank you once again and look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Gary Mak
Mlbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2010

We booked 3 nights in December 2009 over Christmas.The hotel collected us with the transfer service in a nice car (extra cost). Whilst this was very good, I would suggest taking a cab (its 15 min to Macau city centre from the airport).

Macau was very busy and all hotels were full or near to it. Nevertheless the LKF was very accommodating and service friendly and professional. The staff, though not all fluent in English were very helpful.My husband said that the place had a club-like feel.

The hotel was originally called the Kingsway but has had a major overhaul and appears totally new - decorations, furniture, the lot.We were upgraded to a "deluxe suite" which was double the size of a normal room. The room included a comfy bed ( important as some places have rock hard beds that Chinese prefer), flat screen TV, espresso machine,gorgeous bathroom (with quality toiletries etc ),although the sink area was separated from the sleeping area by a pleated blind (not solid wall).

Also in the hotel were the obligatory casinos (Macau has 38 of them!). In one of these you'll find a cafe that serves quality reasonably priced meals including breakfast (about HKD$70 each). The menu was totally in Chinese!. Other restaurants in the hotel included Japanese, a very classy Chinese, a bar - good cocktails, though slow service.

The hotel location was away from Senado Sq, and thus less hectic. It was in a pleasant area of the Macau peninsula, short walk to the Fisherman's Wharf and near the Sands mega-casino. We found a foot massage place nearby (HKD$90 for an hour. There were also some bargain priced Portuguese restaurants just nearby - much cheaper than the touristy La Lorcha .

We went to Hong Kong from here, returned to Macau and stayed at the Hotel Lisboa which was much less personal.We would return to the LKF on our next visit.

Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank JulesMlbourne
GaryMAK, General Manager at Lan Kwai Fong Macau, responded to this review, 21 January 2010
Dear Sir/Madam,

First of all, I should introduce myself. I am Gary Mak, General Manager of Hotel Lan Kwai Fong Macau.

I would like to deliver my sincere appreciation in regards to your nice compliments to our hotel and our team. I will definitely share with my team and these compliments are such a hugh driving force for all of us in order to move our service standards to a even higher level.

Thank you once again and look forward to your next stay with us.

Gary
Tel: +853 28800888
email: gary.mak@macaulkf.com
Makati
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2010

I arrived at the Macao Airport from Jakarta around 8 PM. The weather was very cold, I think 12 - 15 degrees Celsius at that time. I took a taxi going from the airport to the Hotel, it's just less than 15 minutes and cost around MOP 60. The Hotel entrance was very nice, I like the smell that you can feel it all over the hotel. Check in was quick, I had to deposit a cash of HKD 1000 upon check in which is common case upon checking in a Hotel. I booked the hotel through Macau.com around HKD 899 and I was upgraded to Grand Suite room. The room is very nice, big, very clean, very comfortable, large King size bed, large plasma TV, nice sofa, nice drawer, big in room safety deposit, compliment of espresso with coffee maker and more over the bathroom is very nice tidy and really come in handy with a nice bathtub, shower and rain shower. The Hotel also offers two very comfortable shower robe which come in handy in a very cold weather. I really love it. What this Hotel offers is worth the money.
The Hotel staff is very helpful but not all of them speak very well English, but Jerry is a great person to talk to at the reception if you need anything.
You can find a good local restaurant at the back of the Hotel just around the corner, so no problem with breakfast. If you can not speak their languages, no worries because all the food come with picture and some have English description.
The Hotel is walking distance to some tourist attraction such as the Golden Flower, Fisherman's Wharf and some museum. You can take taxi to Sands Hotel which will cost you only MOP 13 and couple of minutes then take their free shuttle bus to Venetian Hotel and City of Dream.
Overall Macao is a small city, you can almost walk to go anywhere so distance doesn't matter at all. If you like to stay at the Hotel that a bit far from Casino crowd, you can choose this lovely Hotel although this Hotel has their own Casino.
The Hotel offers free shuttle Bus going to Macau ferry terminal to go to Hong Kong, the shuttle Bus will be available every 15 minutes.
I will definitely be back to this Hotel.
One thing that I found, the restaurant at the 3rd Floor is a bit pricey and doesn't suit my taste, so I would suggest to take a walk and find some nice local restaurant, I would recommend Shanghai Bund for dinner, it's somewhere downtown but walking distance from the Hotel at the second floor of small shopping center.

Tips for first time traveler who wants to go to Hong Kong by ferry, if you carry big luggage, first buy the Turbojet ticket 45 minutes ahead then walk to the luggage check in counter at the back and check in the luggage, the big one will cost you MOP 30 and the medium MOP 20. Show the ticket at the entrance of Turbojet locket, pass the immigration queue and go to the waiting room. Upon arrival at the Hong Kong ferry Terminal after the immigration walk to the right and you can claim back your luggage. The ferry from Macau to Hong Kong will take around an hour and using the Turbojet is comfortable enough.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2009

Having stayed at the Venetian on each of my other trips to Macau, I thought I'd give another hotel a chance and I was very glad I did. Like the reviewer below I also booked the "hotel of the month" deal on macau.com and stayed in a grand suite for a little under HKD900 per night. Specific points:

Rooms: spacious and tastefully decorated (see photos), it was so clean it felt like we were the first occupants. A big plus for this hotel is that (with your keycard) you can get the lift straight to your room without having to walk miles through casinos. Likewise, the reception, bar and restaurants are separate from the casino on the third floor.

Bathroom: very nice bathtub, separate rain shower from roof. The blinds can be pulled down for privacy from the living/sleeping room.

Amenities: All quality - the room came with a plasma tv that swiveled out from the wall, an ipod docking stereo, free broadband, a nespresso machine and bulgari toiletries.

Location: taxis are so cheap in macau that location is not really a consideration - e.g. to/from the ferry terminal is HKD20 (or you could get the free half-hourly shuttle there). Similar cost to the centre of town.

Staff: their English is generally not the best but they do bend over backwards. Late check-out was no problem.

Casino: first floor. Clean and smart, not overly crowded, free drinks at the vip table (min $100 BJ bets, $10 roulette) not sure about the other tables. Good aircons so not as smoky as the big casinos and doesn't have any working-girls strutting about. Staff are very friendly: whether the dealers or the people in light blue jackets who speak perfect English.

All in all, this is a perfect base for tourists who prefer staying in boutique hotels over chains or big casino-and-buffet combos. For gamblers it's a comfortable and classy casino hotel. No buffets or fountain shows here, but they're only a cheap taxi away if you want them.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple