“Good food”

Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

The food is definitely good and fresh. The service is also great. But clearly i see a price issue. We took (for 4) 2 starters , 4 mains, one beer .... and that’s it .... for 1000 mop. I would have given it 5 but for what we oredered ( ie really not a lot neither expensive food) it is really over priced.

1  Thank hamelinp1972

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

Don’t over think this one - A Petisqueira simply is the best portuguese restaurant in Macau. It’s not pretentious, so don’t expect white linens. It’s small, so don’t expect to walk up and get a table right away. But the food is fantastic, the wine is very good, and the desserts were out of this world. Loved the Garlic Shrimp starter, asked for a “Chef’s Choice” main course and got a great steak with a fried egg and prosciutto on top, and finished it up with port and chocolate mousse. All were excellent. The ONLY thing we could possibly critique (and this would be picky) was that the 2 steaks we ordered were probably one degree undercooked (which in my opinion is way better than over cooked). So when we asked for “medium” it was probably closer to “medium rare.” Still very good though.
Skip the more touristy and well known names around town and try to get a reservation here. You won’t be disappointed.

2  Thank onthefly8
Reviewed 1 February 2018

Right in the heart of the "old/Portuguese town", is a small marvellous restaurant serving Portuguese specialities!! Its difference with the larger, more "elaborate/elegant" restaurants in the modern casino hotels is dramatic. The menu is varied with many seafood dishes-- but there are also none seafood dishes such as chicken. The "homey ambience" is very appealing... and it enhances the flavours of the food! It is also child friendly with high chairs for toddlers.
A visit to thsi restaurant will become a very fond memory!!!

1  Thank Mark D
Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

My second visit to this little gem at the Taipa old town area. Came with kids this time and the loved the crispy buns and fried cod. Adults enjoyed Portuguese wine - perfect with seafood. Unlike Fernando’s they provide high chairs for toddlers. The service is very friendly and efficient too.

1  Thank Iris L
Reviewed 24 November 2017 via mobile

I wanted to get some Portuguese food so I was recommended by the staff at my hotel to go to Taipa village. I was walking around and saw this restaurant in the corner. It looked cozy so I went in and looked at the menu and decided to stay for dinner. I ordered fried clams for appetizer and cuttlefish dish for entree. I also had half a pitcher sangria. It was my first proper meal at a restaurant after several days of eating seven eleven food. I totally recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank Ha P

Been to A Petisqueira? Share your experiences!