“Inhuman Encounter”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Kluang, Johor, Malaysia
“Inhuman Encounter”
Reviewed 22 June 2012

This is the worst breakfast experience I have ever encountered in my life. The 'coffin' face shop assitant and the cashier were very very rude as though we were there to beg for free food. They treated us so badly that I should have spit right on their bloody faces. They had spoilt my entire holiday mood in Macau. I curse they will come to no good ends and I am sure this kind of staffs will surely bring down their business and I hope the shop management can take appropriate action on these two persons. I will advise all those visitors intending to visit Macau never ever patronise this cafe.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank LeeCC_12

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
London
“Great coffee and egg tarts”
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Great little spot close to the town centre and perfect for a 'healthy' mid-week breakfast. I love egg tarts and these were great, the coffee was pretty decent, but the best thing about this place is that it's a world away from the hustle and bustle of the Cotai strip or downtown Macau. Expect a reasonable number of tourists during the week and a line during the weekend. Note that there's no table service - you need walk in and order and pay at the cash register on the left as you go in the door. If you've ordered hot food/drinks or sandwiches then they'll give you a number and bring it out to you, but you collect the pastries/tarts yourself. There's a debate about the best egg tarts - Lord Stow's, Margaret's, etc. I think these are among the best you can get and certainly the best I've had in that part of Macau.

• Visited June 2012
“A hidden gem”
Reviewed 18 June 2012 via mobile

It may take some effort to locate this café but is sure worth it. The egg tarts served to us were piping hot, fresh from the oven. There was a bit of a queue when we arrived but it was fast moving so we didn't have to wait for long. You might have to wait before you could be seated. I would advise that someone from your group standby for soon-to-be-vacated tables.

The ambiance is not very good. But nevertheless, great egg tarts-- at par with Lord Stow's! Must-try! Skip their milk tea, though, they seemed bland to us. Go for their coffee-based drinks instead.

Petaling Jaya, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
“It's Good.. But..”
Reviewed 14 June 2012

I think I prefer Lord's Stow's egg tarts to Margaret's.

Margaret's Portuguese egg tarts are not too sweet and less caramelized with soft egg filling and crispy and flakey crust. We went early in the morning on a working day, so the crowd was not there yet. One egg tart cost 8MOP. They do sell other pastries as well. But we were rushed by them to make our order, we couldn't even see what they were selling. The service wasn't really great, they made a wrong sandwich for us. We didn't realize it, until we took a bite of it.

Margaret's Cafe is a little cafe nearby Grand Lisboa. We stayed at Nam Pan New Hotel (Opposite Grand Lisboa), so it was just behind our hotel. You have to notice their signage when walking along the shop lots opposite Grand Lisboa (Same row with Sintra Hotel but at the other end). The signage leads to an alley way towards their cafe. Just walk straight in, it's on your right. You can even smell the pastry from afar :))

Oh ya, no photos allowed to be taken in the cafe. Not happy!!! Hmph!!! We were only allowed to take pictures outside the cafe.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank Adeline T
Perth, Australia
“It's all about the custard tarts!”
Reviewed 9 June 2012

This little cafe down a back alley is obviously well known as it was full when we arrived. The staff were friendly and helpful and once we had ordered our Portuguese custard tarts and drinks we managed to find a tiny space in the courtyard to sit and eat our breakfast. The cafe is small and cramped, but the tarts are entirely worth it. Definitely worth saving some room for a treat from Margaret's.

• Visited June 2012