“Another beach bar on the Gili Air strip”

Blues Corner Cafe and Bar
Ranked #59 of 105 Restaurants in Gili Air
Cuisines: Indonesian
Reviewed 3 June 2017

I went on a search for mushroom cocktails after a Canadian couple I ran into mentioned it was available on the island. Blue's had it so I thought I'd try it out. The place was your typical Gili beach bar, views overlooking the beach and Happy Hour BOGO drinks. They do have the longest happy hour on the island, starting at 4pm and ending at midnight.

I didn't try the food, but the menu had a large variety like most of the beach bars in the area.

I did try the mai tais since it was HH and it tasted nothing like a mai tai. The staff was super friendly though. If you're just looking for a place to chill and listen to reggae, this is the place for you.

Reviewed 9 April 2017

The music was what made us go in here and then they had 2 for 1 cocktails. Very nice indeed. But what we like was that it was very friendly, every time we walked past they shook out hands and talked to us, we had one night in there that I was playing my DJ mixes from my phone. They loved it!

Great fun and hats of to the young guy, sorry no name, who sat with us and has a laugh.

Great place. Great music, good drinks.

Reviewed 25 March 2017

Im not sure why staff who cant remember more than two items don't write them down but this is one of those places, added to that the lack of english leads to an interesting experience when placing an order. I wasn't overly keen on the seating, it seemed grubby compared to other restaurants but the food was reasonably priced and the satay was good

Reviewed 25 March 2017

I really liked this place. Right on the shoreline over looking the sea, cheap, really good food, the sate chicken skewers are some of the best i had on the island. Has a really good vibe to the place, play really good music, staff are friendly, well worth a visit

Reviewed 2 January 2017

We visited Blues Corner for a cocktail before dinner and enjoyed the laid back relaxed atmosphere. Nice sandy beach bar, good views of the sea and happy hour cocktails from 4pm-10pm.
The power on our side of the island went down for about 20 minutes but the bar quickly turned on the generator and kept the lights and music going.
Although its called Blues Corner they play all types of music- I dont really recall hearing any blues music whilst having a drink!