All reviewsair condaily cleaningminute strollnice pooltea or coffeeenjoyed our staygili menofresh towelslounge areatwo nightstoilet paperwould stay againcomfy bedbanana pancakesoutdoor bathroomother placestommy
Reviewed 7 October 2016 via mobile

The good: The location is in the middle of the island - close to everything if you rent bikes. The room was well maintained and clean with a nice terrace. The grounds were really pretty. The free breakfast is not bad. Staff is nice.
The bad:
Fan rooms are not made equal - the ones here are terrible. They completely trap the heat making it hotter inside than out. It's insufferable. We were offered a third fan but it's not gonna help the lack of ventilation. Stayed in many fan rooms and this is by far the hottest - just don't! The double bed was two singles pushed together. The bathroom was really dark. They took dirty towels off the floor and hung them back up - in 5 days we didn't get a new towel we had to ask. The pool was quite warm and not exactly refreshing.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank j123456123
Reviewed 30 September 2016

I had a lovely stay at Si Pitung Village. It was a little hard to find from the boat drop off, but if you follow the signs to H20 yoga, you should be able to find it as it is literally across the street from the hotel. It is close to the beach, and all the things I wanted to go to on the island were walkable including Harmony Spa, which has wonderful massages. The wifi was the best that I had on Bali- I had good connectivity in my room, and in the breakfast/pool area. Breakfasts were good, pretty standard Balinese fare, choice of tea or coffee, fruit, and either banana pancakes (crepes) or some type of egg dish. As other reviewers mentioned, the budget rooms, which I stayed in, are a little dark, however since I mostly only was in my room to sleep, that didn't bother me much. The owner, an Australian man, gave me good directions to the restaurants that I wanted to go to.

Room Tip: Great wifi, budget rooms a bit dark, clean spacious bathroom, very close to H20 yoga
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 September 2016

We had a lovely 6 nights here in a Bungalow. The bungalow had enough room for us and our 9 month old who was provided a cot free of charge.

I did have a look at the 2 room villas with a huge lounge/living area in the middle of them. The villas look amazing for families and 2 couples.

Breakfast was average. Western options of toast/eggs/omlettes/pancakes only. I asked the owner if it would be possible to add a local option such as nasi/mie goreng to the menu and was told that would be too much work.

A mosquito net would be a nice addition.

Beach is approx 400m walk away.

H20 yoga is 20m from the front door.

Bathroom is ok, but has been tiled in a very dark black/grey tile that makes is seem dark and uninviting.

The pool is amazing to relax beside/in.

Room Tip: The villas are better than the bungalows. The bungalows are better than the "rooms".
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Richard1977_12
Reviewed 8 September 2016 via mobile

I had read a lot of bad reviews, and i want to input my word: 1) breakfast, good and typical for all Indonesian low cost guest houses and hotels, but it's good and tasty. 2) Wi-Fi, on Gili is low internet connection, if you need speed, buy local Sim, as I did, and use 3G. Speed in hotel: ~500kbs 3) bungalow. I booked with fan, my interest was to be on Gili, in village, in nature bungalow, bungalow with was fan was as I expect. And without noise.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2016 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed in Si Pitung for 4 nights. We originally booked the budget room but after reading the reviews asked to be upgraded to the bungalows with the air conditioning. Unfortunately we couldn't be upgraded for 2 nights, but they helpfully moved us when they had the availability. The staff are incredibly helpful and spoke good English. The lodges are quaint and the grounds are beautiful maintained. The beach is a pleasant 10 minute walk from the hotel. Would really recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Gili Air.

Stayed: July 2016