“Great diving in a beautiful paradise”

Manta Dive Gili Air
Ranked #1 of 25 Tours in Gili Air
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Manta Dive Gili Air opened in 2008 with a few rooms, one boat and a dozen sets of diving equipment. Over the last 9 exciting years we have expanded the business to its full potential, teaching thousands of happy students along the way. We are now the leading SSI dive center in the region, offering SSI and Padi beginner dive courses and SSI professional levels, guiding qualified divers to see the delights around the Gili Islands, and accommodating our guests in our resort rooms. Our management and staff are on hand to answer any questions you have and to make sure that your diving and holiday with us is one to remember.
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I spent 3 days diving with Manta Dive on Gili Air and couldnt be happier with their service and quality. The dive sites selected were excellent with sightings of shark, turtles even a manta ray! There is a fair bit of coral damage around but still many fantastic areas and there are signs of recovery. The instructors were very responsible, safe and fun, the gear was top quality. I dont think you could go past these guys if diving in the Gilis.

1  Thank barneyj

Reviewed 30 January 2012

Did our Advanced course with Rob and had a great time doing it! Some great dive sites around the Gili's (all within about 25min open boat ride from Gili Air) and with great visibility and water temps of 29-30 deg, this made for some perfect and hassle-free experiences. Diving in boardies-only was a novelty we really enjoyed, compared to diving in cooler waters.

Rob was the perfect instructor for our certification, and all the dive/boat crew were ever helpful - we felt thoroughly spoiled.

Some fantastic snorkelling also on offer right out the front of the dive shop, with amazing school fish and turtles all on display.

Reviewed 27 January 2012

My daughter and I took an advanced Open Water dive course with Manta while my niece took the beginner course. We all had fun and learned a great deal about marine life and diving. It was the ideal family vacation.

Reviewed 10 January 2012

We stayed and dived at MD for 4 days and enjoyed a great time there. Accommodation was comfortable, breakfast plentiful, the pool was wonderful, and the staff very easygoing. I did some dives, and my girlfriend was welcome to come along and do some snorkeling while we were diving. And they also took care of our little son while we were diving. Ask for Jackie, really good local divemaster.

1  Thank aman26
Reviewed 6 January 2012

Starting a year long trip, I decided to do my OPW at Manta Dive, just to see if we could include dive sites on our travels...... And what an introduction! In the safe and patient hands of my cool instructor, Rob I continued straight to the advanced course and celebrated the new year with a new love of diving and new friends! Manta have plenty of knowledgeable and friendly instructors and dive masters, all equipment is included (not all dive shops do this), and a great atmosphere at the shop. I did 10 dives in total including a fun dive with newly qualified John, and but for our rtw travel plans, would have stayed longer. Who knows, maybe we will return to complete our dive master, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Manta Dive, best wishes for 2012!

1  Thank Thomas M