Now, where should I start... Our booking stated that it included transport from/to the harbor. After we arrived, we soon got picked up by a cidomo (horse taxi) to the villas. To my surprise, the driver asked us to pay. I tried to confirm this with the villa guy and he said we should pay him. Very strange way to claim that transportation included.
When we got inside, we place itself was nice but not as great as I had expected. Spots were on my bath towel and bed cover. They served us a fresh coconut for welcome drink, which were only picked up and cleaned like 6 hours later.
Next case: there was no instructions in using the safety box, I somewhat locked our wallets inside. When I called the front office the guy told me to use the default combination to unlock but it did not work. When I told his this, he nonchalantly asked to wait until the next day because the manager had gone home. I had to really force them to find the manual key, come and open the box. No way they should claim as 'luxury' villas with that kind of service.
In overall, too many bad little stories to tell, the service is one of the worst in any villa I have stayed in. The staff had no intention to make your stay enjoyable and memorable. They were just there to clean up once a day. Do not expect anything more.
About the location, the villas are situated deep inside the island. On one side, you will feel very peaceful and far away from the crowd. But if you need to go doing activities or eating, then it takes around 10 minutes using a bike. So this is really a personal preference.
As a final note, unless they management have seriously improve the service and staff, I really cannot recommend this property. There are many nice and better quality hotel or villa for your stay in Gili Trawangan.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kelapa Luxury Villas, hidden in a coconut plantation, offers 20 villas with beautifully landscaped gardens and private swimming pools. The villas range from 1 bed to 5 bedrooms. The villas have a fully equipped kitchen as well as a private BBQ service (on request), TV,DVD, in-room safe, air-conditioning and 24 hour security. Gili Trawangan's dive facilities, restaurants and bars are only a short ride away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Wotif.com, Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Kelapa Luxury Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kelapa Luxury Villas Hotel Gili Trawangan
- Kelapa Luxury Villas Gili Islands/Gili Trawangan