“Fantastic staff, beautiful sights, convenient location, fun dives!”
Review of Scubali - Diving Bali Academy - CLOSED

Scubali - Diving Bali Academy
More attraction details
Owner description: Vila Ombak Diving. Diving Courses and Fun Dives for everyone.
Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

My wife and I were excited to learn to dive and we stopped by the dive school (we were also staying at Vila Ombak) as soon as we arrived. Jeanne was first to welcome us and she did a fantastic job of explaining our options and helping us. She didn't push us to make a decision about whether or not we wanted certification and instead let us go with the Discover Scuba and decide as we went along (it was out honeymoon so we were reluctant to spend time on homework). That afternoon, we were in the pool with Sam in a small group (4 of us) learning the basic skills. Sam was patient, supportive and a great teacher.

The next morning we were off for the reef. Michael, our guide, was phenomenal. The diving was great. Right off the bat, we saw a sea snake, lion fish, clown anemones, sea turtles, eels and much of the other life on the reef. We were hooked and Vila Ombak was ready to support. We decided to just keep on with three more dives (afternoons and mornings).

On our last dive, they even accommodated or request for an underwater video of my wife and I. We were exceptionally pleased with both the video quality and price!

All together, we felt like we made new friends and had a wonderful time. We felt very safe with the equipment, boats and terrific guides. Everyone was patient and laid back. We certainly hope we can visit again!!!

1  Thank MushySuitcases

Reviewed 2 June 2013

Very nice courteous staff who accommodated my snorkeling trip request and even provided a great guide for me. They went out of their way to ensure I had a great trip and had a very nice and dependable boat.

1  Thank Jim G
BaliDivingAcademy, Owner at Scubali - Diving Bali Academy, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2013

Hello Jim,

Thank you very much for the review.

Snorkelers and divers are the same for us as you can see, we are happy to read a great time and really looking forward to share more time together in Gili Trawangan or maybe in Bali next time!

All the best!

Reviewed 19 May 2013

Would highly recommend it. Jono was my instructor and he was the best. Very experienced and highly professional. I am looking forward toy return visit.

1  Thank Maria T

Thank you very much for diving with us and for the review Maria,

We are looking forward to dive with you again!

Best Fishes

Reviewed 15 May 2013

My family and I just spent a week in Gili Trawangan. We choose to stay at Vila Ombak just because of the Diving Academy and we were not desappointed. All of us dove with Awie 5 times and more for my husband and we felt very safe with him. We saw a lot of fishes, turtlesss, lobsters, clown fish, etc... It was great! My two boys (10 and 12) enjoyed there time under water with him. He was patient, kind and tried his best to accomodate us not only for the dive but also for other activity.

Thanks Awie for you patience and kindness,

Johanna

Hello Johanna,

Thank you very much for diving with us and for taking the time to write a review!

Yes Awi is a lovely person and a professional Divemaster, he also enjoyed diving with you guys and he mentions that your boy were really great and easy underwater!

We are looking forward to dive with you again in Gili Trawangan or Bali!

Happy Bubbles!

Reviewed 7 May 2013

My family and I just spent our 2nd holiday on Gili and decided we would do a dive course. I did it with my two teenage sons over about 4 days which gave us our open water dive tickets with Padi. We chose Vila OMbak Dive Academy because they have great staff and good equipment,they are very safe and reliable and they worked around us. The diving was fabulous and we did the course easily but enjoyably with a great dive master. All the places charge the same amount but the staff and facilities and equipment DO make a difference as well as the piece of mind. HAVE FUN AND DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR AND DIVE WITH VILA OMBAK DIVE ACADEMY!!

We are looking forward to dive with you again in Gili Trawangan or Bali next time!

Best fishes to all of you!