All reviews the hotel staff pancakes nice pool gili boat
Reviewed 22 January 2016 via mobile

I stayed here for 6 nights recently, Mark is the owner and his wife Sandra. They are fantastic hosts. Very nice, helpful (gave us brilliant advice on where to eat and watch sunsets etc), they are laid back and great craic to have a chat and a few drinks. They made our stay very relaxing and more enjoyable.
There is a great breakfast, lovely pool, free bicycles to wander the island, free snorkelling gear, and Mark even let us use his phone to make an overseas phone call.
The rooms are very spacious, very clean with large bathroom. Every room has a couch, safe and European plugs which I found handy.
Location is excellent, away from all the noise of the bars, but only 2 min walk away.
Aaliku also has sister hotels on d island, I know that Galway Bay is one, can't think of the rest. I know that there is more luxurious resorts on d island but they will not beat this hotel on value for money.

Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paddy H
Reviewed 18 January 2016

I stayed in Aaliku after a recommendation from a friend of mine who had stayed there the previous year. It certainly lived up to it's reputation! I was greeted by amazing people who worked there and who took me under their wing for the duration of my stay. Aaliku is just a few minute walk from the main strip on the island and just around the corner from where the boats arrive so it's really convenient for when you land on island on the first day!

Being Irish and not used to being in hot weather, the swimming pool in Aaliku was essential to my trip! The rooms are fully equipped with air-con and very spacious. Breakfast is provided every morning until 12:00 which was also a very nice perk!

I would highly recommend staying in Aaliku or Galway Bay, especially if you are travelling alone or would like to meet some really friendly people on your travels!

1  Thank Ciaran L
Reviewed 18 January 2016 via mobile

Mark was a great host, such a lovely team of people running the place. Very helpful with advising us on the best places to party/snorkel/eat! Nothing was too much trouble for them, made us feel welcome throughout our stay & even helped put out friends up who didn't like their original accommodation.

Free breakfast was a bonus and full of variety.. Along with the free use of snorkels and bikes.
Would definitely recommend Aaliku bungalows and my friends and I will be staying here again on our next visit.

M & C x

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 January 2016 via mobile

I met a fellow Irish woman on the boat to Gili T and she told me about Aaliku. A day later I arrived after spending a night on Gili Air. I felt immediately welcome and enjoyed relaxing and chatting by the pool. The staff were amazing, especially Mark one of the owners. Staying here helped me get the most out of my stay. I will definitely go back!

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 18 January 2016 via mobile

I am fortunate enough to have stayed in all of the properties affiliated with Aaliku, and couldn't recommend them highly enough.

The staff are all friendly and accommodating, and the place is always in great condition with rooms to suit all budgets. It is perfectly located as it is just a few minutes from the port and main street with all of the bars and restaurants. In spite of this close proximity, it is also tucked away enough for you to be able to relax in peace and comfort.

I most certainly will be back again.

Date of stay: December 2015