Tunai Cottages
Adeng-Adeng Bungalows(Gili Meno)(Great Value!)
USD 92
USD 107
  • Pool
USD 115
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 146/night.

USD 75
USD 70
  • Restaurant
Turtle Gili Meno Bungalows(Gili Meno)(Great Value!)
USD 18
Fantastic Cottages(Gili Meno)(Great Value!)
USD 35
Karma Reef(Gili Meno)
USD 197
USD 186
  • Beachfront
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here a week and had the best time. Very laid back but friendly and everything you need is here.
The bungalows are great and very peacefully I wish I could stay longer.
All the locals are friendly and the place is super safe. I'd go out all day and just leave the door wide open to air the room and nothing ever went missing.
If you stay here check out Ronnie's singing birds and the local competitions and if your lucky you can see him hand making cages from bamboo.
I wish I was still there.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank marc t
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Roni is the man, picked us up at the ferry and helped haul the bags (it's only 2 minutes from the ferry to the cottages btw).

Cottages are set back in a quiet garden. Very basic, but it's all you need. A comfortable bed, a well-aimed fan, a comfy sofa, all in a large modern space. No hot water in 2 of 3 cottages, he is in the process of upgrading and finishing the new 4th cottage, so call and ask for details. We didn't miss the hot water, but no A/C was a bit difficult for me after the sunburn.

Cottages are spotless, and all the free drinking water you can guzzle is a nice touch we didn't see ANYWHERE else. The path Tunai is on cuts directly across the island to Sasak Cafe - for ALL your Rastafarian needs, just ask the servers. Wink wink.

Roni's breakfasts are simple and delightful, and he knows the island well so trust his advice on where and when to do stuff. You can use his fridge to keep your wine cool. If coming from Amed, GO TO ADI SHOP and stock up on Plaga wine. It's great stuff, cheap, and you can take it to any restaurant on Meno and not pay a corkage fee. Score one for the winos! We had some decent pizzas at Malias, some good fried chicken at Sasak, and some nice fried rice and Sentigi. Sentigi is the place to go if you want silence and a comfy cabana. Lady who runs the joint is delightful, and everything is cooked to order.

ENJOY MENO!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tappin8r
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Large, tidy and comfortable cottage. No hot water from the shower but I think it's usual on Gili meno? Nice to have lots of drinking water in the room. Really nice garden and terrace where to sit and relax. Nice and friendly owners. They have laundry too which was excellent after hiking rinjani ;). Beach, shops and restaurants are near.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We planned to stay there just for two nights and finally we stayed ther for four nights. It is very good located, not too far from beach (about 5 minutes). Another restaurants are very close. Stuff is very friendly - very young family own this cottages. There is a nice garden. Rooms are absolutely clean and new.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank RomanKriz
Reviewed 20 November 2013

With Booking.com I paid three times the going rate for My Gili Cottages until I arrived and complained at the standard (dreary little establishment but has on tap wifi). So I took back my money after the owner got shirty over my complaints and looked elsewhere. The traditional flavour of uncle's cottages at the rear of Tunai make it best value for money and really comfortable - This place has a different name. The chalet I had did not have the separate lounge area but others have. The screened bathroom opens to the vacant field at the rear of the chalet so you get cool breezes and peace and quiet with a garden view. The front units are the Tunai property but not as nice inside but are aircon. In low season they were $35 internet booked, door cost was $25 and negotiable down to $15. I was charged $25 for uncle's fan cottage until the neighbours told me for their bigger units they were paying $15 for two even three people sharing in total not each. I mentioned this to the person who charged me and there was merry hell! They claimed I had breakfast and so had to pay the extra $10 - for an egg and piece of toast 1 teabag and 1 sugar bag. Solo older females are negatively discriminated against in Lombok and seen as vulnerable targets for charging higher prices or for scams like paying for your boat and shuttle only to be told the shuttle had left after forced to walk to and wait at two separate cafes in Bangsal. Watch out there, they are pirates! I was told it was my fault for being late (not at all) and to pay 20 times the price for a private car - all arbitrary and nonsense. Enough to put me into a rage.
Anyway, Gili Meno is the pick of the three islands for me. Lovely clear sandy beach and water but still the usual rubbish dump effect everywhere but near the better quality accomodations. The deserted crumbling defunct resorts are also an eyesore. My pick if I returned would be the very nice upstairs units with all mod cons including microwave and kettle etc at the Bird Park - lovely garden too, and equally nice are the new FantastiK units with all mod cons. These are really the best around for the money but owner has to work on the landscaping to make it appealing in all respects.

Room Tip: If you need aircon then Tunai, if not go for the uncle's nicer fan units at the back - the new one will be finished soon.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo