See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 September 2009

We have stayed here many times and i felt i had to write a good review about it ,I LOVE IT, I discoverd it 3 years ago and have been back 6 times,
Ilove the island and have stayed at the pacha which was great ,the gran hotel very bland ,and hostal talamanca great but no pool and rooms very basic ,but it has charm .
But the one ,is the one we keep coming back too. I have a 12 year old son and a 25 year old son and my hubby .
recently 40 friends of mine stayed here for a 50th party and they all loved it ,
my parents in the 70 s loved thechillout music by the pool ,the pool area is ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL ,buffet food great,the bar is great with live saxophonist and its very very cheap compared to other hotels .............

Date of stay: August 2009
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank vickilovesluxury
Reviewed 25 July 2009

a group of me and my friends stayed at the one while attending a friends wedding. the staff were rude and incompetent and one waiter, who couldnt be bothered to serve me a sandwich at 3pm even though his colleagues had served me every day before hand, told me to go [--] myself in Italian. Luckily I understood this remark and complained to the management. My shock and disgust at this treatment was in no way compensated by the manager, to whom I explained the incident. Another incident involved reception telling me that a friend hadnt paid their bill, when in fact they had. This information was none of my business and should have been kept within the privacy of my friend and the hotel. Completely unprofessional and did not live up to the beautiful pictures on the website. Televisions only had Spanish, German and Italian channels so nothing to do when overcast or in evenings. Completely out of the way also. We should have been warned by the management before hand that they do not cater to Englich-speaking folk. Only German and Italian coach trips. Never go there if you want to have fun in Ibiza

Date of stay: June 2009
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank pat2009_9
Reviewed 16 July 2009

Where to start......check in was tricky as the girl kept speaking to us in german and we are english, however we finally got there. Our first room (of three) was pokey, had a musty smell which we quickly realised was because the patio door was fixed shut and broken so unable to be open (in 32 degree heat), so we went back to ask for another room and were told that there were no other rooms and then magically 5 mins later there was a room upstairs, this room was fine, modern, clean etc overlooking the pool.

Went down to "relax" by the pool however due to the police shooting range which is right next door and they were firing constantly from 4pm till atleast 9pm that night we we unable to. My husband went to complain and rang expedia also the rude receptionist told him that she was unable to check us out and find us another hotel as the manager would only be able to to that the next morning. The next morning the manager politely went out of his way to keep us at the hotel (prob due to expedia involvment) and offered us a suite in a quieter part which had lovely views and was really nice. We accepted the room on the promise from the manager that the shooting was not every day and all day like the rather rude recptionist had told us the previous night!!

The shooting noise was not constant but was loud when they started. We ended up going to nearby cala llonga beach all the time which was kind of our plan anyway as its our favourite, but it would have been nice to have a choice to stay at hotel noise free!

Last but not least the low flying jets are constant, (ear plugs required), they cut the grass at silly oclock in the morning and the music is blasting around the pool area so much you cant concentrate on your holiday book and your ipod needs to be turned up loud to drown out the "blissed out ibiza music" which would otherwise be lovely if the hotel didnt think they were supplying the whole island with poolside music!!!

The bar staff didnt understand us at all which meant a small bar bill to settle at the end of the week as we never bothered with the bar or restaurant at all!!

Looks like it should be a lovely hotel and it is if you dont mind noise and rude staff.

It was clean, trendy and lovely views of ibiza old town.

You will defo need to hire a care for this hotel TO BASICALLY GET AWAY FROM IT!

Date of stay: July 2009
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Katiemolly1
Reviewed 30 June 2009

Travel Date June 26th 2009, Booked this hotel with 7 other friends so 8 of us in total. When we arrived we had an awful time checking in, how difficult is it to check in 8 girls? , The reception staff had no manners they were rude and I have never come across a hotel were they refuse to call their guests a taxi when required instead they think that throwing a taxi card at us and demanding we call one ourselves is acceptable. Reception really struggled when it was busy and the language barrier clearly did not help. No hellos no friendly banter. The hotel is actually made up of small blocks of rooms, what troubled me was the hotel has given us 4 rooms in separate blocks and not had us together.

Once we got over the trauma of checking in, the actual hotel was in a really nice location and is lovely, the rooms are good to and I was not disappointed with that. The swimming pool area was great, loads of beds and beautiful views. The pool area is not quiet and relaxing there is the constant Ibiza beat being played so beware, often it can be quite lively, which I did enjoy.

The bar staff also had a language barrier but they were much better than reception. Approx 20 euros to bora bora and 25 euros to the airport.

All in all the hotel was a nice place the staff just spoiled it totally for me, it lacked professionalism and it they do not grasp the concept of customer service, as we discussed by the pool it was rough round the edges and could be one of the best hotels around if they just worked on the customer service.

Date of stay: June 2009
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 June 2009

Upon arriving at the one hotel, the lobby and surrounding area is very promising. Unfortunately, from here on everything goes downhill.

The management are very rude (receptionist better, but shouldn't the management be leading by example), and check-in was an ordeal. Service and politeness is certainly not their strength. I should point out that the bar staff were polite, and certain staff in the restaurant.

I think they have 2 classes of room - doubles and suites. We had a double. Note that the "double" beds are annoyingly 2 singles put together, and each half has its own sheet rather than a double sheet. Not too good for romantics! The rooms are tiny, and badly designed (the shower in the bathroom is positioned such that water leaks all over the floor). The air conditioning works well (not true of all ibiza hotels!). The balcony for the rooms is nice, but to be expected in a hotel in a hot country.

Hot water in the rooms is intermittent, luke warm. It seems they are trying to save money, as it was rectified by calling reception everytime we needed a shower. Pretty unbelievable, but true!

One positive is the pool area. The backdrop of the pool area, and hotel site, is picturesque as it is right on the coast. If you don't intend to spend much time in the rooms, this could redeem the hotel with you.

The hotel seems to attract a lot of German couples/newly weds. Not a criticism, but an observation.

Dinner is a buffet affair, and one sitting was enough to encourage me to never eat there again. There were one or two edible things amongst the salads starters table, but the mains were a case of "keep costs down" (fatty bits of chicken in a sauce, old fish etc). I think this is all-inclusive for many of the guests. Even many of the touristy restaurants in Ibiza town serve better food than this. The included wine (only tried the white on this occasion) was just about drinkable.

It's a real shame that this hotel fairs so badly, as there are some things that they got right, such as the pool. Ultimately though, staying here is an ordeal, not a pleasure. I would say the problem stems from the management down. Also, I think they are asking 200 euros a night during peak season, which is just shocking. Under new management, I think this business could be turned around by improving the food, refurbing the rooms, customer service etc.

Date of stay: May 2009