“Outside Town But....”

Ramada Encore Geneva
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Carouge
Reviewed 26 September 2012

A comfortable hotel, situated in a not so attractive area but has many benefits... e.g. Situated within an attractive and convenient Shopping Centre; cafes and reasonably good restaurants within walking distance and easy access to the City of Geneva by bus at no cost to Tourists...

The rooms are reasonably large and reasonably clean, even though an unpleasant odour (sewerage) at times exuded in the bathroom and strangely at the part of the garage allotted to this hotel??? The garage, offered direct access to the hotel and this was an appreciated convenience for the guests. The cost of this convenience was minimal.

Staff was helpful and friendly. Overall a "good standard" hotel...

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
encore2009, General Manager at Ramada Encore Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2012

Thank you so much for giving such a nice feed back about your recent stay. I was happy to see that you enjoyed the hotel as well as the benefits it offers beside. I've informed my Housekeeping as well as my technician to check on all the bathrooms to see if they can detect any smell. In our garage you can smell sometimes an unpleasant odor but this comes unfortunately from our neighbors, the Football Stadium. When they cut the grass they put it in a container in an area behind the garage that we share with them and if they don't evacuate the container immediately an unpleasant smell can develop. I do apologize for this and can tell you that we're always behind them!!
I really do hope that you can join us again in the near future.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 26 August 2012

The best is the very friendly and skilled staff. The installations are very good; a new hotel, with big rooms but don´t have minibar. It is just a little far from the city center, but with a very good communications by bus. The hotel is connected with a shopping center, with restaurants and coffe-bars, but they are open only during the day. But I´ve to tell that I only stayed in the hotel during the week, not at weekend, so I don´t know the timetables at weekends.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
encore2009, Directeur général at Ramada Encore Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review of your recent stay with us. I was really happy to read your feedback about your experiences in the hotel and how happy you were with the staff. I have passed on your kind words to the rest of the great team I have here at the hotel. Please note that we provide free public transport passes during your stay. The restuaramts are also open during the weekend.
I really do hope that you can join us again in the near future.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 15 August 2012

This hotel is situated next to the football stadium and a big shopping mall. It has very attractive fares, especially on week-ends. Very modern amenities, easy parking and a correct restaurant. Good for one night if you have to visit friends inthe south part of Geneva.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. I was really pleased that you enjoyed your stay and I do hope that you will return to us soon in the near future. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you require any assistance from us. Kind regards,

Reviewed 19 July 2012

Good hotel.helpful staff. Breakfast was really good with a good variety. our room was over looking the railway but no noise was heard at all. coffee and a variety of tea selection was there in the room.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
encore2009, General Manager at Ramada Encore Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2012

Dear Guest,

We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay at the Ramada Encore Geneva, and would like to thank you for sharing you nice review via Tripadvisor. As you have mentioned, the railway terminal is only used during regular working hours. Windows are sound proof and therefore no noise can be heard.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future; in the meantime do not hesitate to contact us should you need any information.
Best regards,

Reviewed 15 July 2012

So my boyfriend booked this hotel and when I read the reviews I was slightly worried about going here as it seemed to be business orientated! I was also worried about how far out of the city it would be!
I must say I was pleasantly surprised!!!
The staff were very helpful from even before we got to Geneva, emailing me details of how to get to the hotel from the train station. When we got to the hotel it was very well presented and the room was clean, tidy and comfortable! I would recommend this hotel and enjoyed my stay immensely!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Regarding the distance of the hotel to the city centre, a bus stop is only some steps away from the hotel. Couple of bus lines leave on a regular basis to the centre of Geneva which takes only 15 minutes. Additionally 800 meters away from the hotel, a tramway is at your convenience. Note that we offer free travel cards during the entire stay which gives you free access to all public transportation within Geneva including the yellow boat on the lake.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future, in the meantime do not hesitate to contact us should you need any information.
Best regards,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Carouge
1.4 km away
2.2 km away
La Cour des Augustins - Boutique Gallery Design Hotel
6.4 km away
Starling Geneva Hotel & Conference Center
Starling Geneva Hotel & Conferen...
#1 of 2 in Le Grand Saconnex

Been to Ramada Encore Geneva? Share your experiences!