See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 September 2017

This Hotel is located at the best place by the lake. The rooms are nice and clean and the staff is very polite and helpful. Anything you need to know, they know and tell you. The restaurant is very good. Not a bag card but what it offer is prima.

Room Tip: Always choose a room with view to the see.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 September 2017

This hotel is very expensive related to quality and services. Rooms are pretty good but except rooms all is very old. The only reason for so high price could be lake view, not enough to justify such price. That's probably why almost all customer are reach swiss or foreign. Internet doesn't work in the rooms far from reception and in general the speed is very poor

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gianni m
Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

Since we were near a relative, we only exchanged a daily ticket to the pool shore. At the reception and in the restaurant they said that we will pay the bill at the end of the day at the reception! Compared to this, after lunch, a senior manager came out personally to the pool, who said that we have to immediately pay the bill, and when she saw that we used two umbrellas instead of one, she blew our stuff and took it down in a style that other guests were completely in shocked and also me! I've been to hundreds of hotels in the world, but I've never seen such a style anywhere! Honest sympathy for the people working here to have such a boss!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

The hotel is situated on the side of Lake Maggiore in its own grounds with ample parking. The rooms on the second floor all have balconies facing the lake which are both sheltered Md private.
In the grounds there is swimming pool, bar area with games and a children's play area. Access to the lake is from here.
The room was spacious if not a little tired. Could have had an overhaul during the winter to freshen it up but otherwise very comfortable.
the room had a kettle with coffee and tea making sachets but no milk (the Italians here like their coffee black).
The dining room is on the terrace and on a warm evening they lower the large glass windows to allow the breeze in. Very nice but beware we were eaten alive by mosquitos.
The menu has a good selection of dishes and specialises in local lake fish.
the wine menu is extensive but if you are partial to a graph then you will be in heaven. The choice is ,indeed boggling.
The service was excellent both at dinner and breakfast.
Breakfast was a combination of continental with bacon and eggs. More than adequate to start the day.
Access is very good for those with mobility problems with a lift to all floors.
Overall we enjoyed our two nights here and would return if we came back the region.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

One the worst behaviors and experiences I had in these 9 years in Italy! We always stays in piemontese part of lago maggiore but this time we have decided to be more close to Milan and we chose this place for our anniversary which I am really really really glad they have canceled the reservation because who knows with this rude, impolite and mannerless staff and owners what a terrible experience they could have create for us. We had a reservations in this place from 10days ago and a day before our stay we called them to inform them that we will arrive at night but the first thing they were interested it was just money! That they couldn't charge our card! And my husband explained we will check the bank and it is so strange! The after that in the morning they called at 9:30 and I am in the middle of street !! She insist that why I didn't resolve the problem! I explained I don't know what is the problem I spoke with the bank they are Gonno back to me! And anyhow we will arrive tonight! And we can pay don't worry! By she insist in a rude way that at least I have to do a bank transfer which they will receive it after that we arrive!!! And I Donno how from the middle of street I had to do that ! and finally she passed to another more impolite woman and she told me they are not interested to keep the room because it is their last room and they were worried that we don't pay!!!! And she said she will cancel the room and hung up on me!!!! Who knows why these people let them self to have such behaviors with a client! And you have even no idea who I can be! Maybe because I am foreigner? Well done! So if you want to avoid a bad behavior don't go to this place. Better for us that we found a really great place after that!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
concazzurra, Direttore at Hotel Conca Azzurra, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2017

Good morning,
You booked with Booking.com and the cancellation policy are very clear:
payment will be made two days before arrival.
The transaction was rejected.
We informed BOOKING of the failed transaction and we called you the day before and the day of arrival.
You only replied that your arrival was at ten in the evening.
For our policy this is not possible.
We were not rude, but just accurate.
cordially