“Excellent hike, excellent guide, excellent views - well worth it!”
Review of Hiking Como Lake

Hiking Como Lake
Ranked #3 of 11 things to do in Dongo
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed 19 June 2018

Francesca led us on a wonderful walk up Mont Gronia last week. She is a great guide, with a lot of local knowledge, so it was really interesting. She walked at our pace and was fun to be with. Would highly recommend.

HIKING COMO LAK... M, Proprietario at Hiking Como Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Thank you for your review. We had a gorgeous day and the beauty of the mountains and the lake help me to make the experience unique. Take care.
Francesca

"menaggio"
"lake"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 15 June 2018

If you want to hike in the Lake Como area then this is the way to do it. Francesca was excellent from first email contact all the way through; thoroughly recommended :-)
She suggested various hiking options and we decided on Legnoncino which was a great walk to the top with superb 360 views. All in all a great day with a very knowledgeable guide.

2  Thank Inmyview2014
HIKING COMO LAK... M, Proprietario at Hiking Como Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Thank you very much! It was such a big pleasure to guide you and discover together my beautiful mountains. I am a very happy person when I get the goal, and I am able to offer to my client the precise hike that they want to do. Hoping to see you again for another hike. Take care thanks

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

If you enjoy walking, it would be a real shame to visit lake Como and not to do a good hike to get a proper breath of fresh air and enjoy the beautiful views. Now, why not do it with the nicest and the most professional guides out there - Francesca and Mario !
Usually they split the hikes depending on the area - Francesca does the south of the lake and Mario the north. We were meant to do ours with Francesca and had numerous email exchanges to prepare the hike but due to unforeseen circumstances on the day she could not make it and Mario stepped in on short notice.
Mario was absolutely fantastic - friendly, professional, knowledgeable about the region and other things (like plants). We spent a very pleasant half day, learnt a few things and enjoyed breathtaking views of lake Como from 3000 feet.
Highly recommended.

1  Thank Wojtek N
smeralda1973, Proprietario at Hiking Como Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2018

Wow Woitek, how beautiful words, many thanks, and also for your kindness, is a great pleasure lead people like you two to discover our beautiful territory.
Mario

Reviewed 24 April 2018

Francesca was a fantastic hiking guide!! She was very knowledgeable about the region and history, as well! We would highly recommend a hike with Francesca - it was a highlight of our trip in Italia!

Many thanks! :)

See more reviews
Reviewed 29 January 2018

Six of us at various hiking levels hiked with Francesca in October and all had a wonderful time. She planned the perfect day long hike, met us without a problem, on time and she was flexible to meet everyone's needs. She is tiny but packed a huge and delicious lunch for all of us, complete with linens and stainless cutlery. She was good natured and friendly and made everyone feel as if they had her full attention. A fabulous day as a result of her hard work and good cheer.

HIKING COMO LAK... M, Proprietario at Hiking Como Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2018

Many thanks C. It was such a pleasure to guide you and your friends in the wonderful mountains that sourround my wonderful Lake: Lake Como.
I really love my job especially because I can meet such nice people like you and your friends, very polite and very nice with me.
I hope to see you again.