“Lovely but pricey and language barrier”
Review of Sci D'oro

Sci D'oro
Ranked #5 of 49 Restaurants in Colico
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Lovely restaurant, very authentic Italian. No one spoke English, there was an English menu which we asked for. The food was lovely, however we didn’t get what we ordered (think the language barrier was a problem), which was slightly frustrating as I’m pregnant and couldn’t eat rare steak (I’d asked for medium). We were quite surprised by how expensive it was, £75 for two people, but the food was excellent - I just wish we’d got what we ordered for that money.

I don’t think I’d return, mainly because it was so difficult to order. But the food was very nice, lovely little restaurant, definitely need to book in advance.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Welcomming typical restaurant. Food was traditionnal, good, home made, of course don't look for diet ;)
As per the previous reviews, indeed there is no price for the menu, but this should not stop you step in. Ask the price upfront to be clear on all details....

1  Thank Anca M
Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

It was our second time in this place and the last. Since we have house in this area and like to ski we decided to spend launch with parents of my husband before New Year. To said that they spoiled our holidays mood it’s to say nothing. For us was ok to wait, it wasn’t even a problem then dishes arrived with interval of 1 hour, I ll tell more, we still have been in a good mood then everybody except my husband have a plate and we have been waiting for his, another 20 min. But then they cheated of us...
my plated called tagliolini bianchi con Tartufo (pasta with white sauce and truffles) it was the only dish without meat, that’s why I ordered it. When we got our three plates of four, arrived a man and start to put in our plates a truffle like it was a cheese. At one point I said stop, but to be honest, I was busy to chat, however, then you ordered pasta with truffle you expect to see it inside. This man also start to put it to other plates but nobody asked him. Our family launch finished and New Year surprise arrived in our bill 147€!!!!!!! For 21g of truffle which included in one dish and didn’t asked in others. What a cheaters they are.. 1st of all they must mention this in menu, price for each gram. Each truffle has different price, nowhere in menu was even one word of truffles prices. 2nd if pasta with truffle they shouldn’t include it, or if it’s just truffle oil, they Must write it. We have many friends in this area and I will tell everyone how dishonest they are. I’m working in this sector and often visit Michelin star restaurants, travel around the world, but never I have been cheated like this. Congratulations, and happy New Year, be sure we and our friends will never come again.

Reviewed 5 June 2017 via mobile

Forget about getting there without booking, the sitting is very limited. Amazing food, what i call fine dining but without the overprized prize tag. Very recommended!

Reviewed 13 April 2017 via mobile

Did not know what to expect but pleasantly surprised . 2 amazing sisters . Small welcoming and beautiful views . We have amazing wine and good all very especially cooked to order so it was a bit longer reaching the table but we'll worth it . Had the pleasure of meeting the family and little new grandsons . Look forward to returning there . Well worth a visit for lunch or dinner . Closed the night . Many thanks Barbara Ireland's!

1  Thank rastarambo