We really enjoyed our stay here. The apartment forms the upper floor of a boathouse, so you really are right on the water! The apartment is beautiful and spacious, and every room has a wonderful view over the lake and French doors opening onto a lakeside veranda. It was so lovely sunbathing and enjoying our meals on the veranda, even in early October!
The apartment is very private and sits within the grounds of the owners' own home and they are happy for you to enjoy their beautiful lakeside garden, which has a number of seating areas. You also have your own private access to the lake and my wife enjoyed swimming in the lake most days, often with the company of ducks (encouraged by plenty of bread being thrown in!).
The apartment is very well equipped with high quality fittings and furnishings. It was also spotlessly clean - probably the cleanest holiday accommodation we have ever stayed in.
The owners are lovely and friendly, and made us feel very welcome.
We'd recommend hiring a car if you're planning to stay here, as there are lots of places to visit within easy driving distance.
All in all, it's a fabulous place and we would highly recommend it.
This is a very special place - private, pretty and peaceful, well-appointed and in a spectacular position on the lake. I would definitely stay here again if the opportunity arose.
Tips and comments:
- the coffee machine is not a machine, but a stovetop cooker - not an issue but I generally expect a Nespresso or something similar these days
- you do need a car (small one) as walking to the bus or the village is dangerous
- if planning to cook at home, you will have all the utensils you require, but you will need to buy everything else including salt, pepper etc
- the internet service is good, but there are some issues with security - I am not sure whether this is a country-wide problem, though our Apple devices were constantly being diverted to dodgy sites and one of our laptops picked up some malware
- good laundry facilities - much appreciated after a week on the road