“Fits the bill”
other travellers have booked this property
House from the garden
View of house from the ferry View into open plan kitchen
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
House from the garden
View of house from the ferry
View into open plan kitchen
Bathroom on the first floor
Sitting room
Cosy sitting area with log stove
Twin room
Double room
View over lough from lounge
View into walled garden
View of stone well and raised patio
View of Strangford Lough
Angus Rock Light house
View from Strangford Lough
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

BazzaMJ
Steyning, United Kingdom
“Fits the bill”
Reviewed 9 June 2018 for a stay in June 2018

Visited for a wedding. Lovely location, super views, overlooks the ferry with all its activity. House clean, comfortable and well equipped, cooked in a couple of times with ease. Local hostelries handy and utilised. First visit to Northern Ireland, how beautiful.

David T
“Every thing I could wish for and more besides.”
Reviewed 2 September 2017 for a stay in August 2017
person found this review helpful

This time I arrived in plenty of time to be warmly welcomed to Harbour view by Judy and her husband and I was not at all surprised to discover that they are also very keen into preserving our built heritage and environment . As I was lucky to to have invited a friend from the Ards area to stay, I was introduced to some of the her local friends and was shown more places to explore. As before I had no interest in the TV as there was so much to see from the kitchen window and also from my bedroom on the top story.
Being a member of The Irish Georgian Society, This time I joined The National Trust at Castleward, so I now have free access to miles of walks there and to all of their historic properties, along with many here in the south that are free for I.G.S. members
I used the new Carlingford Ferry this time with all of it's wonderful views to add to those I had crossing Strangford lock. On my last morning while watching the ferry slip its mornings for it's first crossing at 730 am, I was delighted to see a sealine for the first time ever, popping its head out of the water only yards from the shore. I can't wait
till next year to visit this wonderful part of this island where I was made to feel at home and all I need to get there is my car.

Lesley R
Leicestershire, United Kingdom
“Excellent accommodation lovely town”
Reviewed 22 August 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Superb rambing old house. Clean and well equiped. The garden area is lovely. Lots of good restaurants in easy walking distance. Great base for seeing the sights. I would highly recommend.

Ann Marie...
“Fantastic location, fantastic view, fantastic house.”
Reviewed 4 August 2017 for a stay in June 2017
person found this review helpful

The house in itself was worth the journey to Strangford. A stones throw from pubs , restarants and local shops the Harbour View was so charming that I feel tempted to return in the winter and just spend time looking out over the water and enjoying the house.

David T
“A wonderful Georgian townhouse in such a magical location.”
Reviewed 24 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017

I unfortunately did meet the owner of this wonderful ancient building with its lovely
Georgian interior and stunning staircase, which will be corrected when I stay there
again very soon. Being one who has lived in period buildings for all of my life, once
my sister, her artist friend and I looked inside the front door, it realy felt like home.
This place oozes with character along with all of the necessary modern conveniences one could desire very tastefully catered for. When I managed to lock us all out, upon
contacting Judy, she had that situation accounted for and we were all back in within minutes. I had no desire to watch the TV during my stay as we were kept entertained watching the very busy ferry from the Kitchen window not to mention from the windows above. I watched the most amazing sunrise over windmill Hill which over- looks Portaferry, amidst the dawn chorus of sea birds, before closing the window and getting a few more winks. There was so much to see both old and new within minutes of Harbour view, before we ventured on the ferry.
Besides Strangford being such a beautiful place with the finest of cuisine within yards of the front door, the people were so warm and friendly with plenty of desire for a good chat.
My only regret was not having booked our stay for longer.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing