“if you need assistance don't count on the etap system !!”

Ibis Budget Charleroi Aeroport
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Fleurus
Nicosia, Cyprus
“if you need assistance don't count on the etap system !!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

I have stayed there many times in the past. Now I had one problem and nothing could be done. Their system is terribly inflexible. Two other customer remained frustrated that evening during my 10 minute stay at the reception. Yes it is cheap and convenient, but if you need their help you will pay for it. As I am a frequent traveler, I will change to a place where I know that they will help me in case I need assistance. Beware of the free shuttle bus!! It is no more available and they charge.

Room Tip: rooms over the reception have internet, room at the end of the corridors are freezing.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Isabelle C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Athens, Greece
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2012

I thought of staying there due to the distance from the airport. Very dirty smelly room.Didn't sleep at all. The staff is very friendly and that's the only reason I put two stars (mean dots)
Tips: 1, Even if you are a heavy smoker NEVER BOOK A SMOKING ROOM 2, NEVER BUT NEVER eat food from the automatic machine. DON'T EVEN THINK OF DOING THAT!!!!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank evdokimos

Travellers are raving about these Fleurus hotels

Marktbreit, Germany
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2011

I stayed one night at the Etap hotel at Charleroi/Brussels South airport in December 2011. In fact, I booked the Ibis hotel in the city centre, but upon our arrival at around midnight the receptionist told us there was just one room left. Strange, because we had a prepaid rate (79 net per night excl. breakfast). Anyway, my colleague stayed there and I was sent to the Etap, a 15 minutes drive away. At least they allowed me to use their secured parking and arranged cost-free taxis to go to the Etap and to bring me back the next morning.
The guy at the Etap was informed, so everything was running smooth during check-in. It was my very first time in an Etap hotel, and I probably won't stay there in the future again. I mean, the rates are really attractive, but you get what you pay for. The room was furnitured very spartan, the only thing in the room was a double bed: a metal frame with a mattress on. Above the top part was a kind of loft, which could have been used by a child. A little TV was available, but you had to sit just centimetres away from it to see something on the screen. The walls were thin like paper, so that you could hear people talking, doors clacking etc. At least it was quiet at night.
The 'bathroom' was made from plastic and seemed to be placed inside the room. It was not really dirty, but it wasn't certainly what you would call clean. The shower was rather small, as the whole room. The towels were extremely old, so that using them to dry yourself was not very pretty.
I didn't have breakfast.
The next morning the reception was occupied by just one man, probably for cost reasons. You can imagine the long line, I waited for more than 20 minutes for check-out...
The hotel is located just metres from the Ryanair Brussels South/Charleroi airport and there is a shuttle bus available. Apart from that, there is really nothing around.
Overall, the rate is the only argument for chosing such an hotel and I will certainly not go back.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank Schackel
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2011

Rooms: ok
Service: Super OK
Place: close to airport but far from the rest, and also no public transportation possible
Meal possibilitys: There i think that they could increase the possibility's
Free suttle to airport each 10 min!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
Glasgow, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2011

I am not someone who often writes reviews, but I believe my dreadful experience at this hotel should be highlighted to ensure that others don't make the same mistake. I stayed at the hotel for one night and it is without a doubt it is the worst place I have ever stayed, it falls below the standard of any hostel that I have stayed in. I have stayed in Travel lodge/inns on countless occasions and they have been both clean and fit for purpose, the same cannot be said for the ETAP. When I arrived the smell of smoke was overwhelming. The room was grubby and smoke filled air was verging on unbearable through the night. My clothes that had been sitting out overnight and my pyjamas were left with a strong smell of smoke.
I paid 56 euro for the room, and for this I did by no means expect a luxurious room, however I did expect a room that was clean and where I could have a decent nights sleep.
Very disappointing and not a good start to my trip.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank lynneuri
degives_veronique, Manager at Ibis Budget Charleroi Aeroport, responded to this review, 18 November 2011
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Etap Hôtel Charleroi Airport. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Etap, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

However, concerning your complaint on the unpleasant odor of cigarettes, do not hesitate to speak to my collaborators about it. The receptionists are always there to help you and satisfy you. We have in our establishment of the rooms smokers and not smoker.

Sincerely

Degives Véronique
Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fleurus
4.6 km away
Ibis Charleroi Airport
#2 of 2 in Fleurus
7.9 km away
Leonardo Hotel Charleroi City Center

Been to Ibis Budget Charleroi Aeroport? Share your experiences!