“Great place!”
Review of Tan-yr-Onnen

Tan-yr-Onnen
Ranked #1 of 2 St. Asaph B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 July 2011

I stayed here last week and was delighted to stay in this charming, warm B&B. I really couldn't find fault with anything. It really was the best B&B I have ever stayed in!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank beck81014

Reviewed 12 June 2011

I couldn't find fault with anything here. If you like good quality, then you will like it here. We enjoyed everything, from our evening meal, to the good advice on how best to spend our day in Wales.
See you again soon! :)

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank chrispick
Reviewed 29 May 2011

What a find! More like a small hotel than a B & B. The owners Sarah and Patrick make everyone so welcome as do their daughters. Even their cats were very friendly. The bedrooms/bathrooms are excellent . Large comfy beds, towelling robes provided, chocolates and a well stocked hospitality tray. The owners are so thoughtful there is even a supply of umbrellas at the door for bad weather.
We stayed in 'Daisy' which is suitable for a disabled person and has a wet room with plenty of space. There are four bedrooms downstairs and two suites with sitting areas upstairs. The grounds are lovely and there is plenty of parking.
Leading off the dining room is a small lounge and a large conservatory which guests are welcome to use.
The breakfast is well cooked and plentiful. Ask if dinner is being served when you are staying. It is not be missed. The B & B is fully licenced so you can enjoy a drink without worrying about driving.
We have no hesitation in recommending Tan yr Onnen.

Room Tip: If disabled ask for the room called Daisy.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lancashire_7
Reviewed 22 May 2011

Everything about our stay at Tan-yr-Onnen was top quality; Pat and Sara (and their daughters) clearly have their act together. Dinner and breakfast were delicious, the rooms spacious, comfortable, and well-equipped. The setting is serene and the hospitality superb. Though our stay was only one night, we felt we had made new friends by the time we left.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank st-eutychus
Reviewed 18 May 2011

I have mixed feeling sharing this wonderful guesthouse, if I don't get a room for my next trip I will be very very upset.
Tan-yr-Onnen was easy to find, great access to North Wales, in beautifully kept grounds, with plenty of sitting areas. Pat and Sara are excellent hosts who are geniune and sincere, making you feel completley relaxed the moment you walk into their light airy reception.
The rooms have lovely flora names and the quality of the rooms and en-suites put many so called 5 star hotels to shame.
As a solo traveller it is important for me to feel relaxed and secure in my chosen accomindation and Tan-yr Onnen certainly gives you that and more, I just didn't want to leave.
The food was homemade and plentiful so Weightwatchers beware, it is hard to resist those puds!

I was in the area for Business but having a relaxed and informative conversation over a lovely cup of tea with Pat and Sara I have now been tempted into nagging my better half for a North Wales break. See you guys soon but if I can't get a room I just might cry!

Room Tip: Book early.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business