See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Beautiful house in beautiful surroundings, the owners were wonderful, even ran us to the Rhyl train station due to the early departure of our train. Stayed with my hubby, daughter and her husband, couldn't fault anything, our only negative is, you do need a car.

Date of stay: August 2014
2  Thank tillyanne
Reviewed 6 August 2014

this is a lovely presented family home which has 3 bedrooms let out for Bed & Breakfast. As the other reviews say, the hosts/owners were very welcoming and friendly, it felt like you were visiting family! David called us in the morning to make sure that we knew where we were going! When we arrived, we were immediately welcomed and shown to our room, where there had been a mix up, but we still had a lovely double twin bedded room, with a large private bathroom across the landing. We sat on the balcony overlooking the duckpond and the hills beyond, in the sunshine, with a fresh cream choc eclair which was left for us! Breakfast was delicious, served on bone china, in a lovely room. We were just about 15 mins drive from Rhyl, which is a bit shabby, but lovely beach and promenade. We also visited Bodnant Gardens, a National Trust in Conwy, really beautiful and only 20mins drive away. We will definitely return here as a couple, but not with the kids.

Date of stay: July 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank kirstiepp
Reviewed 6 August 2014

My Mum and I stayed here for one night in May, we were just visiting a family friend in nearby Rhuddlan and wanted somewhere to stay over night. We arrived at Bodlonfa Hall and were welcomed by Dave and Lynne who were so nice! The place itself is beautiful, not to mention the grounds and views. In the evening, we enjoyed a bottle of wine (we brought ourself) by the summer house, overlooking the large pond and beautiful sunset. Our room was a double with ensuite, it was bright and roomy, with a good sized bed. The breakfast, cooked by Lynne, was lovely & the table was so beautifully laid out, all china. It was so nice to meet such a lovely couple who take a lot of care and pride in their beautiful home. Thank you!

Date of stay: May 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Kate A
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Me and my partner stayed here a few years back.

I cannot fault this b&b.

The owners are extremely friendly and welcoming.

The rooms are wonderful. Very very comfortable and clean.

Lynne even ironed my partners trousers and Dave acted as taxi and took us into St Asaph.

I have recommended Bodlonfa Hall to a few friends and I will continue to do so.

Went there at the beginning of our relationship and now I'm a parent? I would love to return with my son.

Well deserved 4*.

Date of stay: July 2014
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Rebecca W
Reviewed 3 May 2014

This place has potential to be a luxury getaway – idyllic surroundings, large modern room and fresh milk and cakes on arrival.
Unfortunately the room, including the bed sheets smelt of cigarette smoke and there was a lack of hot water in the morning. Room also lacked information about the area, though David was able to recommend some nearby places to eat. We ended up at the excellent White House in Rhuallt. Grateful for the lift there and a quick taxi ride back was necessary as walking wasn’t really an option. The noise from the host’s living area below was a bit annoying as it lasted late into the night.
They tried hard with breakfast but could have done better, a bit disappointed with the cheap white bread and under-ripe melon.
Based on my own experience I’d struggle to recommend this place given the price tag.

Date of stay: April 2014