2,113 results
All reviews george v afternoon tea horseback riding once in a lifetime irish wolfhounds like royalty falconry school boat tour hawk walk bucket list quiet man drawing room lough corrib prince of wales the main dining room falconry experience irish wolf hounds
Reviewed 16 May 2016

A special trip marking a significant wedding anniversary, by far the best travel experience I could have imagined. The setting is incredible - between the river and the lake, all the staff were engaging, genuinely concerned we were having a great time - from reception to the bar, the restaurant to the gardeners. Food was incredible, the unhurried pace a delight. And do go on the hawk walk. And the short lake cruise.Unique, unique, unique.

The sun even shone!

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bribri09
Reviewed 16 May 2016

Superb in every way -- felt we had been recently coronated! We were fortunate to spend three glorious nights in a Junior Suite overlooking Lough Corrib. The spacious accommodation contained every amenity to make our stay effortless and enjoyable. The common areas and grounds are meticulously kept. We received outstanding service throughout our stay. The evening entertainment was a lovely way to end the day. We were able to take advantage of several of the estate's activities: falconry, shooting, lake cruise. We thoroughly enjoyed meeting the resident wolfhounds-- beautiful animals befitting a country estate. The spa experience was a highlight-- heavenly treatments in a luxurious facility. We had a few glitches with some of our arrangements but every effort was made to put things to right. Ashford Castle is truly a magnificent destination!

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bean_cheile
Niall_Rochford, General Manager at Ashford Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2016

Dear bean_cheile,

Our thanks for choosing Ashford Castle for your break away. I was delighted to read that you found so many areas of your stay so pleasing.

Michelle and her team in the spa will welcome your comments about this area being a highlight.

I am glad that we were able to iron out any glitches, I do hope we can welcome you back in the future for a seamless stay.

Warms Regards

Reviewed 15 May 2016 via mobile

If you want to be waited on, you must visit Ashford Castle. From the moment you pull on to the grounds till you leave, someone will make sure you have what you need. The grounds are spectacular and worth visiting even if you don't stay at the castle. We didn't book activities ahead of time, but the staff helped us get a reservation for dinner. We walked to the Equestrian Center and found it clean with well maintained horses. Scenic views in every direction. Well worth the visit.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Anne H

Dear Anne H,

Thank you for leaving a review of your time spent on the Ashford Estate, delighted to learn you enjoyed the activities on offer so much.

I do hope that we can welcome you back in the near future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 14 May 2016

This experience was amazing. This was my first trip overseas let alone the first time staying in a castle. We were treated like royalty. The service was the best. The room was so gorgeous, I totally felt like a princess. The grounds are beautiful. We only stayed one night. Needed more time to enjoy all of what is offered to the guests. Definitely will come back again if I have the chance to.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank cswhitey

Dear cswhitey,

Thank you for leaving a comment on your time spent with us at Ashford Castle, I am delighted to learn that you felt like royalty.

I do hope that we don't have to wait too long for that return visit.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 12 May 2016

I stayed in Ashford Castle on 1st May as part of my plan to propose to my girlfriend. Having made the booking at the hotel, as a surprise from my girlfriend, I phoned the concierge desk and spoke with David Gardiner. From that moment on, David, in connection with his colleague, Tommy Breen, sorted everything out. they provided some fantastic suggestions for the proposal and put real time and effort into ensuring everything was just right.

This is a day that I hope to remember forever, and I am very grateful to those guys for making the day such a fantastic memory!

As regards the rest of the stay, the castle is fantastic. we loved the private cinema, the billards room and the amazing grounds. Quality and luxury run throughout the hotel and it is the small touches that set this apart from other hotels. The staff are fantastic. they are efficient, friendly and seem genuine. I don't like being made to feel awkward by overly formal staff but the team at Ashford got it just right. Alec, the trainee concierge was fantastic.

breakfast was plentiful and of a very good quality.

all in all, would thoroughly recommend Ashford Castle for a special occasion.

Thanks again David & Tommy - I am very appreciative of your efforts.

All the best

Adam

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family

Dear Adam85London,

Firstly our thanks for selecting us as the venue for such a special occasion. I hope that we have left you with memories that will last a lifetime.

Thank you for mentioning David and Tommy in your review, they will be delighted that they were able to make your time with us so special.

May we wish you the best with all your wedding plans, and perhaps we will see you back for a honeymoon celebration!

Warm Regards