Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar(Playa Paraiso)(Great Value!)
USD 275
USD 337
  • Free Breakfast
Iberostar Paraiso Beach(Playa Paraiso)(Great Value!)
USD 274
Iberostar.com
USD 434
USD 314
Free cancellation until 22/07
USD 337
USD 326
  • Free Breakfast
Iberostar Paraiso Maya(Playa Paraiso)
USD 383
  • Free Breakfast
Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya(Playa del Secreto)(Great Value!)
USD 424
USD 342
Priceline
  • Free Breakfast
Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa(Playa Maroma)
USD 614
Hotels.com
Kin Sol Soleil(Playa Maroma)
Book now, pay at stay
USD 428
USD 358
6,458 results
All reviewstranquility poolsurf and turfocean frontlobsterla brisaoceanfront roomindoor poolstar friendsbutler servicelobby barpillow menuother resortsinternational buffetpool conciergegrand experiencetop shelf liquorwelcome home
Reviewed 22 July 2008

My mom and I decided to take a girls trip to Mexico. I was a little afraid that this resort would be all couples and we would feel out of place. That was totally not the case at all! We saw a bunch of other mother daughters as well as a lot of older singles who were there for weddings and incentive trips. I was also nervous because my mom is used to true 5* botique hotels and this was her first all inclusive (since I always do AI I wanted her to experience it too!) but she had a great time and is already talking about going back!

The service was top of the line. We were greeted with cold drinks and lots of smiles. We also got upgrated from Garden View to Ocean View...without even asking!!!!!! Our butler was awesome and always brought us anyting we needed. If you perfer different soda/beer than is in your fridge he will bring it right up and for the rest of the week they will stock it your way. The chefs, bartenders, and everyone was so friendly and really like to practice english by talking with you! The only service that was not up to par with other hotels I have been to was the wait service at the pool/beach. They maybe had 1 or 2 people coming around and they would skip over a lot of people unless you called them over. One girl even forgot my drink and it was not even crowded.

The food was AWESOME! I don't know how anyone could complain. They must be on crack. My mom is a foodie who normally travels to the best restaruants and hotels all over the world and she loved the food. I am much easier to please but I also thought that the food was amazing. I am actually still sick of Lobster (who would have ever thought that would happen) because I ate it for breakfast, lunch and dinner everyday of this vacation! This food is just like going to Ruth's Chris, PF Changs and upscale Italian at home! I have stayed at many AIs and I never thought that any food could beat the Sun Palace resort but the Iberostar Grand Paraiso beat it by FAR! Oh and they have EVERY kind of beer you could ever want, as well as all of the Grey Goose Vodka flavors!

The room was beautiful and the bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was nice because it had a sink on each side so my mom and I each had our own little area to get ready in. They had a daybed on the balcony which we always sat in and talked/read whlie our hair dried.

You have to take a walk over to the other resorts grounds. They have peakcocks (we counted at least 15 on our walk), flamingos, swans, and coatis. Also, it will make you so happy that you are in the Grand with NO KIDS and an upscale atmosphere. All of the other resorts were so crowded and loud.

My only complaint was that there was no AC in the gym in the morning. I got up everyday and went to workout at 7am when it opened and it was like a sauna. I went later on in the day and it was still pretty hot in there. No big deal though.

All I can say is book your vacation NOW and you will have the most wonderful time of your life :)

• Stayed: June 2008
14  Thank mdcuite
Reviewed 21 July 2008

My husband and I just returned from The Grand!!! This resort is paradise on earth!!! As a first trip without our three children in 17 years, we definitely picked the right place. Words cannot describe the beauty of this resort, or the friendliness of its staff...we were blown away!!!

The Cancun airport: Very efficient, the people were quick to get you through customs. Our transfer was waiting for us outside the airport, and we were quickly on our way.

Arrival at The Grand: We were greeted with a scented towel and asked what we would like to drink...a Mojito for me...a Corona for my husband. We were checked in smoothly by Elizabeth, a delightful and very pleasant young lady! Off we went on our golf cart tour of the property.

Our Room: We were taken to our room in Oceanfront building 70, and our butler, Mauricio showed us how everything worked. We gave him our drink preferences, and within minutes our mini bar was filled with our choices. Once we were alone we went out to our balcony to enjoy our beautiful view...WOW...AMAZING!!!
The room was re-stocked, and made up daily, and we had turn down service every night. Room service was good and usually arrived within 30 minutes. The ice cream was yummy!

The Beach: The beach in front of our building was beautiful, the color so blue it almost didn't seem real to us...HEAVEN!!! There were rocks in the water, but we wore water shoes and had no problem. My husband and I walked down towards Maroma beach, and I spent the day enjoying the fabulous views while he fished. The beach palapas were plentiful, we never had a problem getting one...even after breakfast. It was fun to see all the sailboats, kayaks, parasailers, and cruise ships.

The Pools: We are beach people, but the pools were beautiful. The main pool seemed to be the most popular; it was hard to find a shaded place to sit. The tranquility pool was very quiet, with no more than 2 or 3 people in it at a time. The indoor spa pool was very relaxing...fruit smoothies were nice.

The Grounds: Beautiful!!! The buildings and the landscaping are truly stunning. Everyone was always working hard to make sure that it stayed that way. The employees are so friendly and helpful. Whenever we walked past, they called out a friendly "HOLA!"

Restaurants: We enjoyed all the food... We ordered the American breakfast one morning, and it was delivered warm, and on time. The breakfast buffet was also very good...omelets made to order! La Brisa was our favorite for lunch; the shrimp fajitas, guacamole, and pico de gallo were delicious! Our favorite for dinner was the Japanese, then The Surf and Turf. The servers were friendly, and the food was beautifully presented.

We will always treasure the beautiful memories we made at this incredible resort...If you want a relaxing vacation in paradise, Go to The Grand!!!

18  Thank yellowrose353
Reviewed 20 July 2008

Our first trip to the Grand was in December of 07. On that visit we stayed on the first floor in bldg. 71 which is an oceanfront room. I had a killer flu the entire week we were there and so could not fully enjoy the resort and all the wonderful amenities. I could tell, however, that this place was something way beyond anything we had experienced at an AI resort .
Our second trip was July 4-11 and this time we had a third floor oceanfront room in bldg 70. I liked bldg 71 better because it was the furthest away from the next resort (Maya) and quieter, but I liked the third floor in bldg 71 better than the first floor. After your long, draining trip, you walk out onto that balcony and you are in heaven.
Our room was ready when we arrived around noon and we had the requisite visit from the Butler, who welcomed us back and asked if we would like anything special. What we needed, was a visit from Senior Don Julio and also Havanna Club Rum. It took a few requests but we were pleased when a full bottle of each was delivered to our room a bit later in the day.
I am a pest about food, very conscientious about my weight and I gained a pound for every day I was there! Just couldn't help it because I was faced with so many wonderful options three times daily. I will admit that by about day 5 it was an effort to eat but I was valiant in my efforts to keep chowing down. I think if anyone has problems with the food here, it's because of the expectations you have for certain dishes. They call things by names we are accustomed to and they might be delivered in a form that's unfamiliar. For instance, in Tony's Surf & Turf I ordered a Caesar Salad and what came out was an entire, intact, head of Romaine lettuce with Caesar dressing poured over it. We were hysterical laughing but it was good-just not what I expected. Bacon From Heaven for dessert was delicious, but what's with the name? They will make you any combination of things that are available if you don't see what you want on the menu. Our least favorite was the Gourmet-it's just not us. We actually went to the dinner buffet a few times because we wanted to be dressed casually, go very late and just pick, because we were still ready to explode from our first 2 meals of the day. Chef Olivia, who was the sweetest and most accomodating person in the world, seemed to be at every restaurant we were at every day and went out of her way to make sure we had anything we wanted. The only negative I have for mealtime, on both visits, was being asked to fill out resort satisfaction surveys during dinner-very annoying. Service at the buffets was a bit spotty until we met up with our favorite waiter, Miguel, who doubled as the "cake man" at the pool everyday around 5-that was a really nice touch!
The resort is magnificent in design and immaculate in cleanliness and maintenance, the beach and pools are gorgeous, the staff is wonderful. We had an almost perfect vacation and I use the qualifier "almost" because of only one issue. Our biggest gripe all week, was the blasting, loud music with pool games that went on for way too much of the day. It was much worse than on our first visit, when the noise seemed to be limited to a few aerobic classes but this time it seemed like forever and we left everyday to go sit on the beach because we couldn't take it anymore. I wanted to shoot the huge speakers and get back the sound of the sea and me sighing with pleasure at my peaceful surroundings. At the risk of sounding like an old fart, the Grand does not seem like the type of place where you should feel, when you close your eyes, like you are on spring break in Cancun. To be fair, this time around, there were more people younger than us (late 50s) and so maybe they were being accommodated with more action, but blasting music and people screaming at the tops of their lungs is just not what I want when trying to relax at the pool. I'll be watching the reviews and forums to see if others feel similar about this and what hotel management does about it. We are planning a return trip to Mexico again in December and watching for reviews on the new Secrets Maroma opening a few miles away next month. If all seems equal, this issue could tip us over the edge.
In closing, I would, and do, encourage anyone looking for an upscale vacation, to stay at the most beautiful and accommodating resort I've been to. I am a travel site junkie and I don't think there's anything else in Mexico that can beat the Grand.

8  Thank coxy29a
Reviewed 17 July 2008

This has to be the best hotel we have ever stayed in and we have travelled extensively all over the world. The food is excellent in all of the ala cartes as well as the buffets. If you love lobster, filet mignon, seafood and good quality food, this is the place. We stayed for 10 days. It was our 40th anniversary and they went out of their way to make it so special. Every time we turned around they were delivering champagne to the room. All in all 6 bottles were sent up, 5 champagne and one wine. On the day of our anniversary they did a special celebration and we found it all when we returned to the room. The service is impeccable! Thank you Jorge, Karen, Vanessa, Pablo, Olivia and Irene. You did an excellent job. These people who work here go above and beyond what is expected and they deserve the tips and they do it all with a smile. The shows are great and the place is gorgeous. The commercial center even has Sunday Mass so we never had to go to town for anything. The shopping is reasonable too and you can eat and drink, all included. Tony's Surf & Turf had delicious lobster tails and my husband asked for shrimp cocktail for an appetizer. No problem even though it was not on the menu. I even ordered a specialty dessert not on the menu. It was hard to pick which ala carte we liked the best. They are all excellent. They even upgraded our room for free. We ate at each ala carte twice and Tony's three times. We felt many times that we were the only ones at the resort even though it was 65% full. One thing I must warn you the lighting system is on censors. One night I was in the shower and all the lights went out. Of course I thought it was a power failure. Actually there was no motion detected, the censors don't work in the shower. As soon as I opened the shower door the lights went on. Just a trivial thing. The concierge explained it all to us. It is very crowded at the other Iberostar hotels, the Maya & Lindo on the beach with kids running everywhere. The Grand Beach is beautiful and uncrowded and we decided to stay there after trying the other beaches. We enjoyed the saxaphone player at night and the piano bar player. The disco was too crazy for us, but interesting with its' Star War theme. Don't hesitate to book this hotel.

9  Thank roesib
Reviewed 16 July 2008

The purpose of this vacation was to celebrate our 25th Anniversary and simply to relax and we couldn't have been happier with our choice of this absolutely gorgeous resort. This place is immaculate and every attention is given to detail. The customer service is top-notch in every way. Our concierge couldn't do enough for us and greeted us by name each time we saw him.

The restaurants were all great but HIbachi was our favorite. Every Grand employee seemed happy doing their job and always told us to let them know if we needed anything.

I won't reiterate every detail that has already been mentioned in previous reviews but if you want a perfect vacation, to feel pampered all while in paradise, do yourself a favor and go to the Grand. It is worth every peso, and we would go back in a heartbeat!

7  Thank Jette