All reviews leisure team bedroom apartment a la carte restaurant dominican republic jean carlos muchas gracias small resort beautiful resort private beach la romana wonderful beach coral reef beach bar turquoise water all inclusive package the general manager santo domingo
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

1.You Like to swim in ocean.The beach is not suitable for swimming. Many sharp rocks and lots of seaweed,algae.You need to walk 10-15 minutes to the next beach resort.
2.Like snorkeling . Strong wind,waves and murky water all 8 days didn't let us do it.
3.Like to walk along the shore line and enjoy the nature. Garbage(plastic,broken glass),sharp rocks,dead fish left by local fishermen,smell of urine.
4.Like to spend some time on bar drinking cocktails.Bartenders on beach got this attitude that they are making you a huge favor but most of the time they just ignoring you standing talking to each other.It doesn't matter if you give them a tip or not.It doesn't do any difference.

However beautiful clean hotel grounds,nice waterpark,pool.

Food is limited choices but we found many tasty things like fish,soups,pizza. Very friendly kitchen staff and waitresses expecially Maria.
Check in and out was fast thanks to nice helpfull girl name Caro Line.

Paid 1215$ canadian dollars per person and got beachfront room with ocean view,three bedrooms.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank MariaP109
Reviewed 16 March 2018

Don't come here even if your life depends on it. The photo's of the resort are old pictures. The beach in front of the resort is a rock bed (not sand as shown). The only place to swim is off of the pier. The male bar staff at the beach are both ignorant and useless ( unless you are blond, big breasted, etc... then you will not be ignored by them). The resort itself is muchly aging and has been band-aided together. Lots of places to twist an ankle in the cobble stone walks, tear your leg open on broken planks etc.. This is NOT a 4 star as advertised. More like a 2.5 dressed up as a 4. Sunwing agents also useless, our room had burned out lights, no batteries in remotes, air conditioning was turned off when we got there, and nothing was done about it. Several others complaining of no air conditioning and toilets not flushing. Once again, nothing done. The "resort" is located in the end of the jungle and there is NOTHING close for shopping. The shopping plaza they claim as being close is a 5 minute drive by taxi and it is definetly not worth going to. Need cash or money exchanged? well there is no ATM at the resort and no way of exchanging anything. The staff will tell you to go to the resort next door, where you will be turned away. Toilet paper is also another have not have item here (better bring your own). Stocked bar you ask? not in your room by any means. Better plan on buying your own booze. The only good thing about this resort would be if it went out of business. Lots more I could say but there is not enough room here.

Room Tip: Don't come here.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
5  Thank Rob t
Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

First of all, there are a lot of people complaining about things that are both petty & pretty ridiculous. (Not to say that some don't have valid complaints. And we are all entitled to our opinion) One of the first things I noticed about this place is that a good handful of the travelers looked miserable and hardly awknowledged their servers & the resort staff.
Tip #1 : If you want good service, thank people and show at least a minor appreciation for their hard work. I couldn't believe how rude some people were. It isn't rocket science to memorize "Gracias" & "Por favor". They appreciate the effort for trying to speak the language, even if you butcher it. & Generally, if you treat people with respect, they will do the same.

In my experience here :

The grounds were absolutely stunning. The beaches blew my mind. I was in constant shock that what I was seeing was real life and not a Windows Desktop screensaver.

The food, in my opinion was great, none in our party of 7 got sick. There was plenty of variety and something for everyone.

I'd definetly suggest going to Saona island and visiting the natural pool in the ocean. The water in this area goes from mindblowing to absolutely unreal. It literally looked like heaven.

And can I just take a moment to throw down an incredibly giant thank-you to all the amazing staff here. We had the best time chatting with you and getting to know some of you. My only regret is not knowing more Spanish!
In particular : the bar servers Carlos, Celestino, Enyer, and another young man who's name I won't try to spell!
Also to Chicken, the best hype man & entertainment staff ever. You had us laughing every single day.
We made friendships that will last forever! And to all of you I am grateful (Also I apologize to everyone I left out, because honestly you were all amazing)

We also met some fellow travellers who we had the greatest times with. From island excursions, to white-girl dancing at the disco, it was the best of times.

Like with anything in life, it wasn't 100% perfect, but wow did it ever come close. And the beautiful people & experiences we had made any minor inconviniences irrelevant.
How could you possibly complain when you're in paradise?
(This isn't a 5-star hotel, but I can't bring myself to give it any less. It was some of the greastest times of my life. )

So, if you have a stick lodged somewhere the sun isn't shining, and are easily triggered when going with the flow, maybe don't come here. If you are chill, relaxed, and want a peaceful, family-friendly location that will have you wide-eyed, then maybe this is the place for you!

Hotel Weare Bayahibe...I love you, and I can't wait to be back!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
4  Thank Kyla M
Reviewed 11 March 2018

We just came back to Canada, after staying for a week (Mar.02 - Mar.09, 2018) in the hotel Cadaques Caribe, which is a part of Weare Bayahibe. We bought this package as for 4.5 stars, paying $1,175 per a ticket. Indeed, it all barely corresponds to 2 stars.

The room. The only things working properly were shower and fridge. Everything else was broken, including a/c, toilet, balcony doors look. And it was the 2nd room, the first one was even worse. When I asked to replace the room, the reception clerk said: "You've got what you've paid for, and we don't have any room available today. Come some time tomorrow" (literally!). It cost us a scandal, call to a manager and treat to sleep right in the entrance lobby, if they don't change the room, but we've received another room, not much better (see above).

Room service. The maid every time failed to insert the dead-bolt lock at the balcony (main floor, bay the way), even after complains. As a result, we canceled the room service whatsoever.

Safety. One of fellow Canadian family was robbed in the room: their entire portable safe box was stolen, including passports, cash, cards, etc. (later all stuff was found on the street outside the hotel - except cash and some cards and personal belongings). Their belongings had been "investigated" and some valuables disappeared, including even underwear. On the reception they spent a lot of time without any help! When I've come later to offer some cash-relief, the clerk refused to provide me with their address (room number), gave a wrong room phone and commented, that the most likely, they set the whole history themselves, for insurance, adding: "Don't trust them". Why would anyone drop their Canadian passports in Dominican just for insurance claim?!

Food. The worst ever. Quality was acceptable, but variety was very-very limited. The only buffet, no alternatives, no choices.

Bar. In general, not bad, but among others, it was a girl-bartender, who couldn't fix even a simple cocktail, it all was undrinkable, and it's not only my opinion: everyone around asked a drink being prepared by another bartender. The girl was visibly upset and allowed some not friendly comments right to my face (according to her mimics, I don't speak Spanish).

Beach. Almost not passable without special shoes, but there's a pier making the task solvable. This pier provided good shade, enough room and new basic beach equipment, as well as steps into the water.

The sea. It was gorgeous, clean, warm, very enjoyable. The hotel couldn't make it worse, as everything else it did.

Territory. Nice and clean, a lot of good-looking swimming pools, though demanding some repair.

Conclusion. Stay away from this overpriced garbage bin. The best price for it would be around $700 Canadian. We feel robbed for about $1,000 for this trip for me and my wife

Room Tip: Stay away from this resort by all means!!!
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Alexander V
Reviewed 8 March 2018

Although the rooms, grounds and pool were very good the buffet and drinks were not. The open concept of the buffet attracted a multitude of flies thus making an unhealthy environment. Most times the food was warm at best and they were constantly running out. Same stuff everyday. Always running out of plates and the service was poor. I did not even eat at the buffet the last 4 days that I was there. Survived on crackers and chips. By the time you got a drink you would be finished your meal. The booze was the cheapest they could find so I went to town and bought my own.

Not much entertainment. If you like shows don't go here. The kids club was a joke. Nothing worked.

On a positive note the beach is outstanding as well as the pool. The house cleaning staff were excellent and we had no problems. The grounds were well maintained.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family