All reviews tao cat peruvian restaurant royal guests rodeo steak house la romana frosted glass door exclusive club plunge pool sister hotel royal side boutique hotel breakfast was buffet style small size of the resort dual shower thalassa restaurant superior junior suite chilled towels
Reviewed 5 September 2018

We travelled July 20th until Aug 3 2018, I was headed to the Catalonia Golf and Casino resort when I got there they told me I was upgraded. It was unbelievable. We ended up at the Catalonia Royal in la Romana, the hotel is adults only and only a year and a half old. We arrived and the staff every single one of them from Gino to Johnathan to Cleudyn at the front desk , all helping us for even the slightest little thing. The food, the restaurants the people I have not one complaint. The staff goes out of their way to please us.Singing the good morning song, as we came up the stairs for breakfast The service was impeccable . The rooms were very clean and up to date I would leave again tomorrow I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to feel pampered and special....

Room Tip: all the room are beautiful ask for one facing the swim up rooms
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Catalonia_Caribbean, Director General at Catalonia Royal La Romana, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Dear Guest,

Your enthusiasm is contagious! We are so happy to hear that you have an excellent stay with us and that you were impressed with our staff's friendly and courteous service! The biggest compliment that our team can get is your desire to return. It will be our pleasure to welcome and pamper you once again!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

I recently spent a couple of days with my family at the Catalonia Royal and it went phenomenal. From the moment we arrived we felt welcomed into the Catalonia family. The food, beverages, and hospitality were the best I have experienced in my years of traveling. Sirfedery, Juan Carlos, and the entire Exclusive Travel Club were impecable. My mom and I actually became members of the club so that we could stay at all the Catalonia resorts around the world. If you are looking for a relaxing, beyond comfortable resort that has the top of the line restaurants and beverages you have found the right place! It was also great to have all access to the family oriented Catalonia resort a short 7 minute walk from the Royal. I can’t wait to go back!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Beverly S
Catalonia_Caribbean, Director General at Catalonia Royal La Romana, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2018

Dear guest,

What a pleasure to read that your time with us was highly enjoyable! That is our main goal, to keep you satisfied and happy during your whole stay, so we're very glad we could meet your expectations.

We will be waiting for you with arms wide open whenever you come back home!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 21 August 2018

This hotel offers a modern, crisp and zen environment. it's nice however the typical carribean charm is lost and you kind of forget that you are in the carribean. Important to note that the Royal beach is still shared with the Catalonia next door and only a rope separates the two sections, so although this is an adults only resort, you can easily still have kids on the beach very close by. You are also right next to the Hotel Dreams Dominicus so it is not uncommon to have 3 different types of music going on at the same time. This really takes away from the relax mood the resort aims to offer.
Food- The food is quite good. Every meal is a la carte and selection is very good. You most likely not eat the same thing twice unless you want to. The best thing is that there is no reservation needed so you can go eat whenever you want.
Rooms- ok size, very modern and crisp feel. We were surprised the the Superior Junior suite did not include a tub but was not a big deal. Huge dual shower with two heads so a couple can shower at the same time. Rooms were very clean. Turndown service was offered but only happened 3 times during the week.
Beach- Yes the water is clear and there is no seaweed. But...the walking area on the beach is at a conciderable angle and it makes it very difficult to walk. If you like to take long walks on the beach this place might not be for you. It is not just the beach at this hotel, they are all like that on this stretch of beach.
Service- Service was quite dissapointing here. Hit and miss all the time. The waiters on the beach are excellent. There is an older gentleman working at the Italian restaurant and I don't think he should even work with the public. He just makes you feel unwelcomed and he is just not a pleasant person to deal with. On the other hand Christina, another waitress is one of the best we have ever seen.
In general, the staff on this resort seem as if they don't want to be there. I was a bit suprised considering all the great comments I had read about this place.

Special attentions: this hotel offeres special attentions that are not seen very often like distribution of cold face-cloths and fruit throughout the day, as well as live music players on the beach at the end of the day, All are very appreciated.

Stayed: June 2018
7  Thank Michel P
Catalonia_Caribbean, Director General at Catalonia Royal La Romana, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2018

Dear Michel,

Allow me first to thank you for your preference and for your constructive and positive comments. I really appreciate that you took the time to let us know how your vacation was and we will definitely consider your observations of our services that we provide but I'm super glad to know that your overall experience was great and you got the fun times that you were looking for.

Remember that this is your home and we'll be thrilled to welcome you back and provide you the experience that you deserve.

Reviewed 18 August 2018

We loved, loved, loved staying at Catalonia Royal La Romana. It was very gratifying staying at this resort. I had done a ton of research prior to our trip, and am so glad that this was the choice. We stayed 8 nights, and wish we had stayed another 8.

Walking into the air conditioned lobby sets the tone for your stay - it's cool, stylish, and welcoming. As we sat down to check-in, they handed us a cocktail. We got exactly the room that we wanted. The room far exceeded our expectations, and was far more spacious than it appeared in the photos. The air conditioning in the room worked amazingly well, and was not noisy. The bathroom had dual showers that were a marvel.

Wi-Fi was strong and dependable. There were two safes in the room, which turned out to be extremely convenient. There was also an elevated platform that easily accommodated two suitcases, making it easy to use them. The refrigerator had plenty of complimentary beverages, including two cans of beer.

We had a beautiful balcony that overlooked the central courtyard. The balcony had a convenient contraption for drying wet swimsuits. In the evenings, they had amazing concerts and entertainment in the courtyard.

The restaurants and overall food quality were spectacular. The service was consistently excellent. The spa was fantastic. They offer a 10% discount usually for the spa.

The pools were clean and had warm water. They had high pressure fountains that delivered superb full body massage. There was also a large jacuzzi section.

And then there is the beach, which is beyond fantastic. While the property is not directly on the beach, golf carts shuttle back and forth pretty regularly, or you can call for one. It's also a leisurely walk away down a beautiful tree-lined alley, with a wall on one side that is covered with flowering hibiscus all along its side wall. If you are walking, the beach is only 400 meters away (that 437 yards). There were always many umbrellas and beach chair available, there were many palapas as well. If you walk further down the beach, you will find plenty of stores with touristy merchandise. The sister property also has many stores.

We went on a tour of Altos de Chavon, which is a Tuscan-type village built to evoke Italy, and it was a great tour. We booked the tour on property. You also can book airport transportation on the property. These services are actually in the lobby of the sister hotel.

You have full access to the sister property, which has great concerts, a spectacular buffet, and a few nice restaurants. We tried those for the sake of variety, and really liked them all particularly the buffet and steakhouse.

Check-out was quick. They will hand you a piece of paper as part of a receipt, which you must hand over to the guard before you leave the property. This is a winning property. We are happy to recommend it to all, and can't wait to return.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank JasmineMarti
Catalonia_Caribbean, Director General at Catalonia Royal La Romana, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

Dear guest,

What an amazing stay you've had, we couldn't be gladder! It is a real joy to know that you found what you were looking for and that we met your expectations.

Thank you so much for trusting us, we will keep up to that every time you come back and visit us, you are family and we'll always treat you like such. I would love to see you again very soon, we'll all welcome you with arms wide open!

Reviewed 15 August 2018

I am a experience traveler been to over 60 countries Me and my wife book the Catalonia La Romana privilege check in was cool while checking in we was offer to pay a fee to upgrade to Catalonia royal which is the property next door with access to all property restaurant and beach the young man was so convince we would like it he told me just look at it and then we can decide I don't like to look it is like buying a house and looking at the model homes so I told him I was not interested being a educated consumer watching the money the wife interrupt and say we will take it you know the saying happy wife happy life so we accepted the upgrade honestly it was one of the best decision we have ever made travelling our room was to die for private swimming pool 2 story home the food was good people was courteous and friendly overall I gave them 95% you know I have to leave the some room to grow and improve I want to personally thank Delsion Mota with leaders like him he will take Royal to another level if some America don't realize his leadership skill and take him away also Dimas nuff respect I can dance salsa I hope the powers that be recognize you guys commitment and hard work now keep up the good work guys see you all soon

Room Tip: Duplex Suite & Swimminf pool
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Catalonia_Caribbean, Director General at Catalonia Royal La Romana, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2018

Dear Andres,