All reviews tao cat peruvian restaurant royal guests rodeo steak house la romana frosted glass door exclusive club plunge pool sister hotel royal side boutique hotel breakfast was buffet style small size of the resort dual shower thalassa restaurant superior junior suite chilled towels
Reviewed 13 August 2018

My husband and I just got home yesterday and already miss this beautiful paradise. We have stayed at various all inclusive resorts in St. Lucia, Mexico and Jamaica including Sandals. The Catalonia Royal La Romana far exceeded every expectation.

At check-in, we were greeted by the kindest and happiest gentleman, Harold! He is the concierge extraordinare' and exudes love and positivity that is contagious! He helped us arrange private excursions and checked in on us several times to make sure that we were enjoying our stay.

I had messaged the hotel about a week prior to arrival to request a swim up room in a private location for our 20th wedding anniversary. When we arrived to our room, there was a Happy Anniversary welcome banner on our door our swim up room was in a beautiful garden location! A fresh fruit plate and bottle of champagne was delivered a short time later! Thank You!

The beach is the beyond beautiful! This Blue Flag beach has the most gentle, rolling waves and soft sand that lulls you into deep relaxation in it's warm, clean blue water! Cold face towels and fruit skewers were delivered every afternoon. Water aerobics in the ocean was fun! Rudy and Yerian provided amazing beach service, creating and delivering your favorite beverages! Thank You for taking such great care of us!

My husband and I got 80 minute couple massages at the spa. It is absolutely serene! Carmen and Lun were excellent and rid us of all our stress!

Bruce Lee made custom requests for Lemon Drop Martini's at the Lobby Bar. They were delicious!

All the restaurants were fabulous! Our favorites were the breakfast buffet, snack bar by the pool for lunch and Tao Cat (Asian) and Swichi (Peruvian) for dinner. The staff is professional and the service and presentation is fine dining! I loved chatting with Eimy the host of Thalahassa and Tao Cat de about favorite music we had in common!

Housekeeping is prompt and thorough. Our room was often cleaned by the time we had finished breakfast. I did not meet my housekeeper, but she did a fantastic job!

This resort, has a relaxed, chill vibe. There is live music on the beach from 5-7 and outside of the lobby from 8-10. We listened to beautiful sax, guitar and singing. There is also a "circus" show one night. Next door at their sister, family resort is more music and entertainment until later in the evening if you want a later or livelier night.

All of he staff at this resort are beyond amazing! They truly care and want to provide you with a refined experience!

Do not hesitate in booking the Catalonia Royal La Romana for the most sublime vacation experience!

Room Tip: Book a swim up room. They are great for after the beach!
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kbarenholtz
Catalonia_Caribbean, Director General at Catalonia Royal La Romana, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2018

Dear guest,

What a pleasure to read that your time with us was highly enjoyable! That is our main goal, to keep you satisfied and happy during your whole stay, so we're very glad we could meet your expectations.

We will be waiting for you with arms wide open whenever you come back home!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

Let me start by saying I am a Dominican Republic experience traveler. For many years I select This country as my vacation destination. I contacted before our arrival date the front desk to confirm reservations and ask some questions and Josefa was not only very professional but even recognize me at the check in process as soon as she heard my name.
Check in
Smooth, they welcome with you with drinks and cold hand towels. Check in process was fast but we got there early our room was ready around 230pm
Room
We got swim up room 122 and as soon as we open the door the smell of new and clean get to you (in a good way). When we open the sliding door to the balcony the po was just in our feet’s best option ever. Our room was facing the pool that is not next to the bar but that wasn’t a problem at all as server do go by asking for orders, just make sure you tip...it’s voluntary but they live out of tips. There’s a TV with Netflix, you tube, apps and regular tv with several options for all nationalities, coffee machine and the best thing ever a double shower. The bathroom is not build as regular hotel setting the vanity it’s outside and the toilet it’s in an pen setting cover just by a frosted glass door. If you ask me a little weird and it might be to for couples that still are not use to the nature of each other’s just yet. Just go outside, seat on the balcony and give some privacy to your companion.
Room was clean 2 times a day morning and afternoon
Room service
24 hours but selection it is limited
Pool
2 pools. One of them its a water bar that you could seat and make orders and enjoy your drink that one does have some rooms that connect within the balcony. The other pool it’s on the back of that building and has water massage areas plus the jacuzzi
Beach
Best beach ever! I can not even describe the beauty. We wake up every day at 8am and walk and reserve a spot but even if you don’t wake up you will get one. Servers go around asking g for drink orders and they will remember names and what you are drinking. They also provide with cold towels and during our stay several activities like a Paella lunch were near to the beach bar. We were taken care by Rudy he was the best
Food was amazing, we ate in Rodeo, Peruvian Restaurant, Italian. Tao, and order the lobster dinner and we have no complains at all. Now we as Catalonia Royal guest could go to the Catalonia Dominicus we decided to do it for one breakfast and we agree that once you are used to Royal Service can’t just go back, plus the food was not as good as the Royal. Gisela, Cristina, Dirson, Eimy and Harold they all work in different restaurants and in different positions but that all took care of us and treat us as royalty
Cars go around the hotel taking you from the hotel to the beach but walking it’s nothing around 3 to 5 minutes not a big thing
The hotel it’s quiet. No loud music at the pool, night time music ends around 10 or 11. It’s a quite relaxing hotel. Best one ever !
We spend most of our after dinner nights at the lobby bar talking to the bartenders and having drinks, we got to learn more about the country and listen to suggestions regarding what to do when we visit again...cause we will return! Special thanks to Harold who took care of us while we encounter a small issue.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Angella R
Catalonia_Caribbean, Director General at Catalonia Royal La Romana, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2018

Dear Angella,

We just love to read that you plan on coming back! We would be super excited to open our doors for you one more time!
Remember this is your home now and will always be.

Thank you too for the shout out to Julio, he will appreciate it very much.

Looking forward to meeting again!

Best regards,

Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

I’ve just returned from a week stay at the Catalonia Royal La Romana Adults Only All Inclusive. This was my B-Day trip. My husband, my parents, one of my best friends, her husband and myself thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Everything from greeting at check-in to the goodbyes at check-out was without any complaints. Every staff member went above and beyond to make our stay memorable. As soon as we arrived we met Fernando (Bell Hop). He is awesome and is the go to guy for all kinds of things. At the desks Luz and Josepha my girls ;). Professional, approachable and down to earth. No attitudes from them at all. If you have a problem or a question, step up to the desk. Bartenders and waitresses. I hope I spell these correctly. Xavier, Javier, Griscella and many more. Thank you for good drinks (2&2), good hot food, and my glasses of ice .
To our housekeeper Rosa
thank you. Our rooms were already beautiful but she made sure they were clean. Although the nightly entertainment at this resort is not considered by some to be as grand as the entertainment at Dominicus The entertainment staff are so much fun at this resort day and night.
This resort’s vibe is so chill and relax that if I could I would return immediately. It will help if you speak a little Spanish and/or install an app on your phone that can translate both English and Spanish. You will most likely need some insect repellent. The mosquitos are terrible.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
5  Thank vmcbee

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful words, it was great to bring you the best service possible.

We are very glad that we met your expectations and you left with the feeling of satisfaction and happiness, that's our main goal! We would love to see have you back very soon, you are Catalonia family!

Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

I was in honeymoon with my husband and our feedback is that the resort is very very good. Amenities are brand new and everything is very beautiful. We've tried almost all restaurants on the Royal resort and all are good. The Italian one is terrible. Drinks are good but not with premium brands. I was not a Premium / Exclusive / Maravilloso. Anyway this was not clear to me when I did my reservation. Beach is really the best of Bayahibe.. A LOT better than Catalonia La Romana. Catalonia Royal didn't surprise me on anything.. but it was a very pleasant stay.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind acknowledgments of our service standards, the facilities and the atmosphere of our resort. We are glad to know that your expectations were achieved which is our main goal.

I appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences and recommending us on TripAdvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back to Catalonia Royal La Romana in the future.

General Director

Reviewed 7 August 2018

TO be honest we had a problem with room and i understand it can happen but i think the Front Office need to understand that problem , in this case, are not belonging to the guest and is not the way to say that is the problem of the HK, i find it not nice.
Apart this "not good " start we want to thanks all the staff that made our stay really amazing. Special thanks goes to Ronald de la rosa (hope is correct :) ) and Gisella from F&b. Room big and comfortable, beach nice and clean, restaurants so good....for sure we will be back.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
5  Thank 68TRAVELLER79
Catalonia_Caribbean, Director General at Catalonia Royal La Romana, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

Dear guest,

Thanks for your comments and observations that help us to do it better. We look forward to welcoming you back to Catalonia Royal La Romana in the future.