13,236 results
All reviews seaside grill world cafe preferred club main pool eddie murphy preferred pool pablo picasso fruit boat jungle restaurant olio restaurant infinity pool swim up bar entertainment team glass of champagne la romana coffee shop butler service
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

New Program's Animations and new menu's restaurants could be a good big idea. Each year it's thé same shows and the choix of food in the 7 restaurants. The best stay the grenat choix between 7 restaurants

Room Tip: Prefered club room
Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank jleclercq2
Paola M, E-Concierge at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hola jleclercq2!

We would like to thank you for choosing our resort as your host on your recent gateway to our destination. It was a pleasure having you and we appreciate that you have taken the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor.

We are very happy to learn that your stay was a most pleasant one and that you were highly satisfied with our service. We have strived to deliver the most memorable experience to our valued guest. We value your detailed suggestions as our guest’s feedback is truly important for us and we will consciously revise all of your remarks.

We sincerely hope we can have the honor of being your hosts in not too distant future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stay from 9/7 to 9/11 . Check in was done at Preferred lounge with a cold presidente beer and beautiful view to the pool. Booked a swim out room at the adults only preferred area. Resort have a beautiful beach area ( small or not as big as other resort we have stay in Punta Cana , but nice ) no seaweed, and no waves . We hangout during the day in the beach and in the Adults only pool which was good too with pool bar and close to our room . Never had a problem with beach or pool chairs . At night we tried different a la carte rest. My favorite was Bordoux follow by Olio and Himitsu and then seaside grill , but i would say is a matter of opinion ,all of them were very good. Entertainment was good , didnt went to a show but there was a singer in the pool area at night singing merenge , bachata ,salsa until 11 pm. Then after we would go to Desires Club to dance the night away.
i'll Recomend this Resort for couples , family , etc. Beautiful areas, excellent food , good entertainment and clean and beautiful beach and pool. Dream come true.

Room Tip: Stayed at room 1023 A.c wasnt as cold as i'm use to. Kept it in high the rest of the days and problem was solved.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Julio N

Dear Julio N!

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your kind words and observations following your recent stay with us at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa.

We were delighted that you’ve enjoyed all the details we take pride in offering our guests. As are our regular practice, we’ve been happy to share your lovely remarks to our team who take so much pride in ensuring that all of our guests only receive the very best in service.

We look forward to having the pleasure of having you back home in the near future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Obviously no place is completely perfect, but this place more or less is. It’s still definitely worth the 5 stars but there’s a few tiny things that could be improved to make the experience even more idyllic.

THE BEACH and THE POOL: An amazing sandy dune that encompasses white, soft sand, NO seaweed and tropical waters that are clear enough to see through. There can be no complaints in this department.

Dreams la Romana also offers 3 swimming pools, there’s one that’s catered for preferred club guests and even an additional kiddy pool which is a great size.The pools are sublime, the one with the walk way through it is amazing and the sand pool offers an infinity pool aspect which is great for pictures. Don’t forget about the swim up bar too, it’s the peak of Dreams La Romana’s unique flair.

The main pool is fun too! It has a bubbling jacuzzi (could do with a few more bubbles) and there’s lots of activities held here throughout the day, like water polo, volleyball and more. The main pool is the place to be if you’re wanting to attend pool parties and in the evening it becomes one of the central places for guests to mingle.

ACTIVITIES: I’ll keep this short, but Zumba and aqua aerobics by the beach are great! It gets you super sweaty and it leaves you with 0 guilt of what you consumed at the world cafe that morning. The beach Olympics are super cool too - it gave me a chance to get to know the entertainment staff, who were amazing. It gets everyone up and about, you can meet new people and make new friends!

THE FOOD: The world cafe is great, it offers everything from fruit to fried eggs, pasta stations to perfectly plumped pancakes. It’s good for breakfast/lunch and ok for dinner too! The little desserts and sushi stations got me every time!

The Bordeaux and Seaside grill were my favourites on this holiday. Hibitsu is nice, but opt for the ‘show’ where they cook in front of you, the food tastes better that way as it’s totally fresh. Olio had a good menu, but we didn’t visit it as my mum didn’t like the look of it too much.

If you’re off to OCEANA, make sure to get the tempura prawns and the grouper/coconut curry.

BORDEAUX, the lamb, the onion soups, gourmand salad and stuffed chicken breast is delicious.

SEASIDE GRILL, the pork and tenderloin is yummy, make sure to try!

At these A La Carte restaurants I just wished they made you feel a little more at ease when we asked to try more than one dish. I found that our hotel in Punta Cana that we visited 2 years ago were friendlier in the sense that they wouldn’t bat an eye if you asked for 6 steaks, where as at Dreams they were a little like ‘you want two of that?!’ But that’s just the way it is here I suppose! The one waiter, Julio Ceaser was AMAZING in the seaside grill, he plainly said ‘anything you want or want to try I will do my best to serve you’ - please promote him!

BAREFOOT GRILL: This is a quick and yummy option for when you don’t want to leave the comfort of your sun lounger. From either the pool or beach, just pop down to the barefoot grill for freshly flamed burgers, hot dogs and nachos. My dads favourite lunch spot!

FRUIT BOAT: This just made our stay even sweeter, the lady that served us daily became one of our best friends! We ALWAYS tipped her and she just loved us. Passion fruit, melon, pineapple - you name it, they did it!

COCO CAFE: Loved this place for a little pick me up. Coffee, cakes and croissant sandwiches - open 24 hours, you couldn’t ask for more. The Mochachino (frozen) is delectable.

THE STAFF: Just a quick run down of who went the extra mile! These people should get way more credit from the managerial staff because they are AMAZING! Luigi, frandi, Julio ceasur, Miguel, Pablo Picasso (yes, I’m being serious) and the fruit lady (I didn’t catch her name)!

THE ROOM: Just lovely! A spacious room, lovely stoned walk in showers and the cleaning staff do an impeccable job. With a delightful mini fridge with drinks and treats, the only way the room could be made better is by more English channels. My parents had a good selection, but I didn’t for some reason!

Fair enough, the rooms especially the bathrooms might be due an update but you’re not in the room much, so this may or may not bother you.

THE SHOPS: Don’t forget to attend the ‘crazy day 40% sale’ it’s well worth it and you can pick up gifts for you, friends and family alike.

THE LANGUAGE: The locals love when you can speak their native tongue, saying a quick ‘hola, que tal’ or something along those lines really make their day! Plus, you’ll be able to communicate even better with them, making a small effort goes a long way.

TIPS: This is personal preference, but my parents and I tipped. The cleaning staff, fruit lady, waiters, everyone! They do so much work for very little, they deserve every dollar we gave them and more! Please remember, people that don’t serve you directly might not get as many tips like the cleaning staff around the pools/ bar staff so make sure to keep them in the friendly dollar loop, they do so much surrounded in the blistering heat.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Joannakash123

Dear Joannakash123!

On behalf of the staff and Management of our resort, we would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your experience with us. It was a pleasure being your hosts during your recent gateway to the Caribbean.

Thank you very much for your detailed suggestions. Our guest’s feedback is truly important for us and we will consciously revise all of your remarks.

We look forward to having the honor of welcoming you back home to offer you a truly remarkable experience.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was my first visit to Dominican republic with my family. Everyone was warm and friendly, a very relaxed atmosphere, would go back again. Restaurants, were clean never had long queues, neither was there any shortage of towels we had no problems at all, only would suggest more activities for children

Stayed: August 2018
1  Thank G6491XJpatriciah

Dear G6491XJpatriciah!

Thank you for choosing the hospitality of Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa, and for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience.

We are very happy to learn that your stay was a most pleasant one, and that you were highly satisfied with our service. We have strived to deliver the most memorable experience to our valued guest. We highly appreciate your gracious comments here and have shared it with our team.

We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back on a future occasion and provide you with the exceptional quality and service that characterizes our brand and resort.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed at Dreams LaRomana Resort and Spa from 9/8 to 9/15. We had paid for the most expensive room which was the Ocean Front Honeymoon Suite....the picture of the room showed a beautiful ocean view, however, when we got to our room, you could barely see the ocean. We were in the Preferred Club and I went down to the desk and told them I was not happy with the view. She told me I should have asked for a higher floor and I told her I went by the picture they had on the website and it didnt say anything about being on the top floor. The resort is two or three stories tall, depending on where you are. They did move us the next day to a beautiful view, same type of room. The room was beautiful, gorgeous view, the only problem we had was continually having to ask for face cloths and hand towels. They would always have 8 big towels in the room but nothing else! When we did ask for the face cloths, it would take 30 to 40 minutes to get them. Finally on the Wednesday before we left, I complained. I was tired of continually asking for them. I felt they should have a list of items that are put in everyones room and of course, they should be included in that list. After my complaint, I had PLENTY of face cloths and hand towels each day. I will say we received a bottle of champaigne and a bottle of wine and fruit and cheese trays. The entertainment at the resort was very good....they had a magician that was amazing! The grounds of course are beautiful. There is only one store on the premises. All in all it was a nice vacation. However, this is no longer going to be a Dreams after, I believe November 10. It is changing hands and I dont know what it will be. I do know it wont be part of the AM resort chains, at least that is what I was told .

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Patricia R

Dear Patricia R!

We are very happy to learn that your stay was a most pleasant one and that you were highly satisfied with our service. We have strived to deliver the most memorable experience to our valued guest. We highly appreciate your gracious comments here and have shared it with our team. Nevertheless, please rest assured that we have taken your comments very seriously and you can be assured that the necessary re-training measures are being instituted to prevent recurrences in the future