13,246 results
All reviews seaside grill world cafe preferred club main pool eddie murphy preferred pool pablo picasso fruit boat jungle restaurant olio restaurant infinity pool swim up bar entertainment team glass of champagne la romana coffee shop butler service
Reviewed 24 January 2017

This resort surpassed our expectations, we came with kids and used the facilities at Explorer's club (kids club) Angela, Yaya, Angelica and Valeri, were amazing. They had so many different things planned with the kids, such as camping on the beach, tours around the property to show off some of the local landmarks/wildlife. Foam parties in the pool, pinata party, marshmallows on the beach at night. Movies and much much more. They were super friendly and provided excellent care for the kids. We were able to drop the kids off any time for as short as an hour to longer stays.

Pool side Ariel, did a fantastic job taking care of the drinks and the rest of the staff was very friendly and attentive. The beach is just excellent and the activities at the resport were fantastic from water aerobics to shows to other various ways they staff managed to entertain the guests all day long. Looking forward to coming back to this wonderful resort many more times.

Forgot to mention the food, it was great and the selection was huge from the various al carte restaurants like seaside grill, italian and french. Manuel, one of the restaurant managers did a fantastic job taking care of my family and my son's dietary restrictions due to his allergies. Overall a very relaxing and a wonderful stay from start to finish!

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank Edwardo_G17
Mr Jorge M, Manager at Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2017

Dear Edwardo_G17,

We are so pleased our Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa exceeded your expectations and pleased to learn our services, entertainment and staff members made a memorable stay for you and your loved ones.

We sincerely hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 24 January 2017

I was very pleased with the experience as a whole. Friendly, helpful staff and a very clean, well kept resort. I had the mud wrap at the spa and felt so peaceful and pampered. The ocean is my favorite feature as I love to snorkel and there is great snorkeling experiences very close by.
Some of my favorite people were Pablo Picasso, Eddie Murphy and Super Joe! :) <3

Room Tip: Ask for the partial ocean view over the pool!
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank DebbieM3333

Dear guest,

We are so pleased you allowed our wonderful resort to be your holiday destination and we are very thankful for the time you have taken to share your experience.

It is wonderful to learn that your time with us met with your expectations and it has been a pleasure to read all of your great feedback.

Reviewed 24 January 2017 via mobile

This was my first time at the resort & I had an excellent time!! Will definitely be back again!! Excellent hospitality & very friendly staff!! Nice variety of food & tons of activities to get into at the resort

Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank TeeTee R

Reviewed 24 January 2017

What an excellent vacation place! Staff were friendly and paid attention to your needs. The Caribbean was calm and the beach was clean with all the wait staff at your beck and call. The bartenders at the swim up Bar Manatee were incredible! Claudio, Mario, Rafael, and Miguel all had our drinks ready when they saw us. At the main hotel bar, we had Dewars taking care of us. Eddie Murphy, was the best entertainer and had our attention. We plan on going back!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sarah B

Reviewed 23 January 2017

I booked Dreams La Romana for travel with my family (husband, son (11), daughter (9) and baby (7months)). We were going to be traveling also with my sister and my mom. We booked two rooms.
I was nervous traveling with the baby because I could not find many pictures of the beach to see the amount of shade that would be available. I didn't want the baby to have too much sun. So I contacted the hotel directly to find out if there would be lots of shaded huts on the beach and explained that I was a little nervous. From the time I sent that email to the time I left the hotel to go to the airport, I have never had such exceptional service.
I noticed that one other TripAdvisor reviewer recently wrote that the Dreams strength is the staff and that is an understatement. I have traveled to the DR many many times now (Punta Cana mostly) and NEVER have I encountered staff that are so helpful and willing to go the extra mile to make sure every single guest is happy. If there is the slightest complaint, they are more than willing to rectify the problem immediately. And that is what makes a resort go from good to GREAT!

We arrived and were promptly swept to the Preferred Check-In area. I cannot stress enough how worth the extra money the Preferred service is. You are taken care of from beginning to end. They assigned us a butler for the week so that I would never feel any nervousness about taking care of the baby. They understood that I may have extra needs given the travel with an infant (ie food, shade, nap times, stroller, etc....) and they made sure that I would not worry about anything. I cannot say enough great things about Felix the Butler. He was humble and sweet and always present when needed. He joked around with the kids and brought us a little treat each afternoon. The treats were always a different (pina coladas in pineapples, fresh coconuts, fresh fruit, afternoon snacks, etc...) He even organized a private dining experience for our last night there with candles in the grass and a table light up by the ocean. It was so thoughtful!

The service and wait staff and all of the restaurants was on point. At the World Café, Miguel and Jesus had a little friendly "competition" regarding who was the best waiter and we would take turns being seated in their sections. They would go the extra mile (in a joking way) to try to "top" each other. It was fun and the kids loved eating in their sections because they had this joking competition thing. It was awesome.
On a more serious note, my husband and I booked a romantic seaside private dinner one night and our waiter Franklin was attentive and courteous and brought us little extras (like Bailey's digestives).

HONEST FOODIE REVIEW ABOUT THE FOOD! My husband and I both like good food. We were both resigned to the fact that, after years of traveling to the DR and Cuba, good food was simply NOT an option in all-inclusives. Before booking Dreams La Romana, I did a Google search for "good food at all-inclusive Caribbean" and read several different articles in blogs about the food and Dreams La Romana came up in a few different unbiased blogs as having good food. This was the major reason that we decided to venture out of the usual Punta Cana. What a wonderful decision this was. I will not lie and say that ALL the food was fantastic. There were certain dishes that weren't that great. But the majority of dishes were very, very good. And a few dishes were even FANTASTIC! The FANTASTIC dishes were: the private dining lobster, the calamari from the Seaside restaurant, and most of the dishes at the Jungle restaurant (rice and beans, goat, and the chicken.) Also the pork medaillons from Bordeaux and the babaganoush from Olio.

The beach was another pleasant surprise. The ocean is much cleaner than in Punta Cana. It is beautiful turquoise. And the beach is NATURAL. Yes, it has coral and is therefore somewhat rocky in areas. But that is what nature is all about. The sand in the main beach areas is soft and white and wonderful. But if you walk closer to the coral areas, it will get rockier. So the snorkeling is apparently wonderful but we didn't get a chance to snorkel.

The rooms were clean and the maid service is awesome. They leave little treats on occassion (balloons over my daughter's bed, flower petals, towels folded in lovely shapes, gift baskets). The extra touches are wonderful.

The pools are nice but they aren't as warm as some other resorts. It might have had something to do with the fact that it rained quite a bit before we arrived. But I didn't go in the pools all that much as I prefer warmer water.

The GM, Pedro Tomas, wanders around the grounds and we saw him speaking to people almost every day. He is very approachable and actually WANTS to hear constructive critcism and honest reviews of his property. You can tell that he genuinely cares about not only every guest, but each and every one of his employees. That is probably one of the biggest differences between this resort and others throughout the DR. The employees are happy, which makes the guests happy, which makes a happy vacation.

All in all, you cannot go wrong with this resort. Highly recommended.

Stayed: January 2017