2,146 results
All reviews hilario peralta growing pains preferred club relax pool la romana seaside grill sexy belly world cafe flying fish swim up room dreams resort lobby bar preferred beach coco cafe other resorts beach area dominican republic
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This resort is simply laid out and everything easy to find and get to. 8 read reviews before coming about difficulties getting around; I don't understand what the issue. I've noted a few people with mobility isdues and it strikes me the resort have this catered for.
The staff are excellent and should they sense you are less than impressed with something they are quick to find out what they can do make things right. We've personally had no issues.
Our maid is excellent (Maria in block 58-215) and this morning came up at the very start of her shift to drop off coffee because the day before her cart
had only decaf left. Nice touch and she was so friendly.
Food has been good, there will always be something for everyone and the quality if their meat is very very good.
This is not an overly lively resort, which suits us and the majority hete, however I sense some of the 20-30 year old age range could be a bit let down. The focus is definitely on relaxation which suits island was the reason we came to bayahibe/romana as opposed to punta cana.
Well done to the staff and management!

9  Thank DavidandPauline
Econcierge D, Social Network Manager at Dreams Dominicus La Romana, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear DavidandPauline,

Thank you for choosing Dreams Dominicus La Romana as your getaway destination and sharing your experience with the Tripadvisor`s community.

There is nothing more rewarding than receiving the positive comments where our guest demonstrate the excellence of services and accommodation we offer in our property. We are happy to know that you have had an overall pleasant experience.

Making the experience the most enjoyable one our guests have had in their lives is what we are strive for, and you can`t imagine how much we enjoy every single word in your comment.

Once again, thanks for letting us know about your experience and we very much look forward to your return!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Hi
We’ve just come back from Dreams Dominicus and I have to give it a mixed review. There was good and bad.
So let’s kick of with the bad. Firstly I wrote to them 4 times prior to arriving - in fact several months before arrival requesting a ground floor room with double bed in a quiet area. On arrival we were given a first floor room with twin beds adjacent to the restaurant area. So I complained and after being shown 1 room with a view of a wall and no patio I really kicked off and eventually we were upgraded (at a cost of over $1000 for the two weeks) to a swim out room. Then there are the restaurants. The food in the world cafe was often cold and often overcooked. In the seaside grill we were twice ignored and it took 20 minutes to,order a drink which eventually came after our main course was delivered. The food was of acceptable (just) standard. On one occasion I was asked to complete a survey and the manager looked over me as I completed it and disagreed with some of my ratings. I told him it was my opinion not his that mattered. Entertainment for adults was by and large poor with only the Circus show as outstanding.

Now the good. The restaurant staff in both Himitsu and the French were excellent and the food was of a higher standard. Sylvio who served our wine was outstanding. In Himitsu Preferred breakfast the food was always good. And I have to thank Jose, Freddy Rosa and Esther as they always got our day off to a great start. Our evenings were made enjoyable by Victor Joanna and all,the other staff in the lobby bar were wonderful to the point when I said Victor was my brother in the DR. The staff at the pool bar were also great and we always enjoyed watching the entertainment teams afternoon workout. We sat mostly by the main pool and activities pool in the afternoons and used our swim out in the mornings.

I did speak to one of the managers during the Mexico independence celebration and said to him I had been in Mexico previously at independence. He asked which I preferred and I said Mexico. I asked him how long the hotel had been open and he told me 2 years. I said I had visited Secrets Wild Orchid (another AM resorts hotel) just 4 months after it opened and said it was perfect. I asked how come after 4 years they hadn’t sorted it out and all he would say was they were working on it. I said if you sorted out the issues you may be able to claim 4* but not the 5* that’s claimed.

The big test is whether I would come back? No in short, for that same money that we paid we could have had 5* experience at one of the Excellence resorts in Mexico or even their sister hotel in Jamaica

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
6  Thank AndyTCoyne

Dear AndyTCoyne,

We appreciate the time that you have invested on writing an overview of your stay with us. Thank you for your feedback that is very important to us, as with these observations we can have a constant improvement.

Overall, we take such comments very seriously and you can be assured that the necessary measures are being instituted to prevent recurrences in the future.

With this said, we look forward to have the opportunity of hosting you again to regain your trust in our resort and service.

Warm regards,

eConcierge & Social Media

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Dreams Dominicus does an excellent job at making you feel welcome and at home. Everyone is always smiling and always in a good mood and that made for such a memorable experience. The views are breathtaking and humbling; hopefully we get to make our way back there in the future.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
4  Thank Mel W

Dear Mel W,

Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

Our trip to dreams dominicus La Romana in the Dominican Republic was exceptional in all ways. The restaurants were amazing the buffet was very good the people who worked there we're awesome so friendly and did everything they could to please the patrons. We were truly treated like royalty while we were there and we loved every moment of it. We plan to return as soon as we possibly can.

3  Thank Donald R

Dear Donald R,

Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at a Presidential Suite in September 2018 (room 65-301). The resort is brand new, everything is really nice. The room was fantastic, just like the photos from the Dreams webpage. The hotel has very good amenities and the beach is awesome. The resort however, seems to be poorly managed. Food quality was really bad -we stayed at Dreams Tulum in June 2018 and the contrast was huge. Less variety and significantly worst quality than in Mexico (the pastry chef at Dominicus deserves jail time!) Only 2 restaurants would open every day. And although there was a lot of staff available, they were considerably less friendly and efficient than in Tulum. It would take ages to be served at restaurants and service was very poor (i.e. at the Bordeaux French restaurant it took them 1 hour to serve the main course; while waiting for the food we would watch staff to take out the trash in front of us).

Such a shame because the hotel is really really nice!

Ps: there is no sargazo (see weed)!

6  Thank Matias E
Econcierge D, Social Network Manager at Dreams Dominicus La Romana, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2018

Dear Matias E,