“Best cocktail menu I've ever seen”
Review of Kiku

Kiku
Ranked #105 of 227 Restaurants in Mykonos Town
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 16 June 2016 via mobile

Last year we visited the Kiku at hotel Cavo Tagoo and the menu there is a lot larger than that at the much smaller restaurant we visited in the centre of town this summer, though I preferred the ambiance of the smaller restaurant as it was less flashy and felt more intimate than making you feel you should be ordering a magnum to be there.
The larger restaurant has the wow factor, but the smaller has the romantic factor if you're a couple and want to head into town after or just want to stay there for their incredible cocktail menu, which is simply to die for. Bacon rum.... Surprisingly great and works with the sushi!

The waitress at the small restaurant this summer made some great recommendations and although the menu was tiny in comparison to the larger, the flavours of the sushi didn't disappoint and were more memorable than those of the larger restaurant in my opinion.

The restaurant was all but empty apart from us this time, but we were reasonably early at 8.30pm. This meant the staff were very 'proactive' to attend our table.

I would even recommend going here just to visit the bar to taste the far out and genius cocktail menu if you don't wish to eat.
They were well worth every euro.

The sushi is very expensive, like every other restaurant in Mykonos is very overpriced. But it has a bit more of an edge, so we didn't mind the treat.

The edamame was part flame grilled and served with lemon juice. Different.

PR M, Restaurant Manager at Kiku, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2017

Dear GypsyGirl27,

Thank you very much for such a detailed review of your visit to Kiku as well as your comments about our other venue, K for Kiku. It is great to read that you were so impressed with our cocktail selection and I will let our bartenders know about your complimentary remarks. Our aim at Kiku is to provide a unique experience which will cater to everyone's tastes and we are pleased to read that you enjoyed our selection of sushi and our appetisers so much as our chef is committed to serving only the best. Of course we welcome you back when next in Mykonos, whether it be for a cocktail or a meal, so that you can enjoy the Kiku experience again.

Kind regards,

Restaurant Manager

Reviewed 14 June 2016 via mobile

View was breath taking! Had dinner during sunset !
Food and service was excellent. Expensive but its worth it. Overall a great experience!

PR M, Restaurant Manager at Kiku, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2017

Dear Mariella M,

We are thrilled to read that you enjoyed yourself so much on your last visit to Kiku and we look forward to seeing you again this summer. Thank you for your warm words.

Kind regards,

Restaurant Manager

Reviewed 8 June 2016

I cannot say enough how good it was, but, be prepared to leave with a full stomach and an empty pocket. Prices were almost $20 per roll. This is very expensive for any restaraunt in Mykonos. Although, you are eating at the Cavo Tagoo Hotel, which is why its priced so high. Atmosphere was fantastic. The embiance and decor is very elegant and makes for an amazing "date night."

Reviewed 22 May 2016 via mobile

We went to the Kiku restaurant in the centre of town. At first we didn't know what to expect as the menu is quite complicated to understand (Peruvian and Japanese names of dishes), which could have set us off. Luckily enough we were intrigued by the place! It's in a small alley, the decoration is very cool and modern. The staff was really friendly and super helpful as they stayed by our side to explain us the whole menu and advise us.
The portions are just perfect so you can pick a few different things and share them. We had the black quinoa salad which was delicious, some sushi and I had the grilled salmon with coriander rice and ginger soy glaze which was outstanding!!!! The flavours in the restaurant are just amazing. Every thing is cooked to perfection. For dessert we had the expresso creme brûlée, very good! The whole menu offers a new set of flavours and dishes that are just great! This was one of my best meals in Mykonos!!!! And if that wasn't enough, they also serve Fiji water (which makes the place even cooler! Haha). I highly recommend!

Reviewed 29 September 2015

We went to Kiku with high expectations as it has been talk of the town for the last couple of years. We found the experience thouroughly disappointing.

The location of th resatuarant is indeed fantastic with lovely views of illuminated Mykonos town at night. I think the good things end there though.

The area with the tables has a very low roof which makes you feel clostrophobic while the music is annoyningly loud.

The food is nothing to write home about, especially if you compare it to its exhorbitant price tag and other similar places elsewhere

The service was rather slow and I also felt I was misled during my order leading to an extra charge of a couple of tens of Euros.

I find no reason to visit but to see for yourself what "the talk of the town" is (not) worth.