“Great food and atmosphere ”
Review of Sea Satin Market

Sea Satin Market
Ranked #164 of 225 Restaurants in Mykonos Town
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

Very nice restaurant, with an amazing view. Their food is excellent. Make sure to book for a late dinner because then the music and dancing starts late then!

There are newer reviews for Sea Satin Market

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and I went here after it was suggested by our hotel. We were disappointed to find the service was very poor, didnt bring out my drink until we had asked for the bill, we asked for the bill and waited ages to then ask have to ask again. We found the waiters manner towards us was very cold. The service was slow despite the restaurant being quiet and there being lots of waitors on the floor just standing around.

The food was also over priced for the quality.

The best part of the dinner was the view

1  Thank Rae B
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

Service is slow, rude, frustrating in this overcrowded, cafeteria-style restaurant. The food is just not good enough to justify putting up with the chaotic, charmless atmosphere. So many better choices with respectful owners who appreciate your business.

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

It's one of the few places I've seen in Mykonos with local people of different age groups having fun together! people dancing on the tables, Greek music is played but some of the current hits too.

You don't come to this place for the food, yes food is ok...they forgot one of the orders and it was mission impossible to get a waitress but it is the manager responsibility to have the adequate number of staff, they were overwhelmed with so many customer that I've felt bad for them, the place was packed!

Sea satin is a place to be relaxed (forget about the clock or fine dining), to be happy and to enjoy the music with the Greeks in Greece!

Reviewed 10 August 2017

We were so excited to go to this restaurant. Read great reviews and had heard a lot about it. Booked 3 months an advance and requested a "good table" ie with a view.

When we arrive (15 mins early) the restaurant was 85% empty. This is a big restaurant (seating 600 people I think). I gave my name at the door and the owner/ manager or whatever he was did not even look in a book or check anything to confirm we had a reservation. He just took us to the back corner. I dont think he could have found a worse table if he tried. SO i politely (at first) asked to move and he told me he was fully booked and there was no where else to put us. At that stage I reckon there were less than 75 people in the restaurant and there were 100s of empty tables. I then chased him down literally and told him I had book 3-4 months in advance and was promised a good table. I asked why I could not sit at any of the other tables and he told me they were booked (I was there, the others were empty). I then proceeded to show him the email and he told me and I quote
"You are not at your home, you are in my restaurant. Watch how you speak to people".

It was at that point that I told him, quite loudly thanks but we were leaving. At that point he miraculously found us a table in the prime position next to the sea overlooking the windmalls. The problem was the amount of energy and embrassment I had to exert inorder to get somewhere.

When it came to ordering, we were taken to the fresh fish. We found a "good fish" and the waiter took a 2kg fish. There were 4 of us, 2 men, 2 woman. There was not way we could eat that. So we told him. He basically threw the fish back at us and told us he did not have the time to sort through the fish to find something smaller. My friend pulled one out which ended up weighing 1.1kgs which turned out to be more than enough (and half the price).

The starters were superb. When the fish arrived it was dried out and cold.. We would have complained but they could not care less and we did not see the waiter again for most of the evening. I think he had decided when we wanted a smaller fish that we werent lucrative enough for him.

During the meal, we ordered some extra sides that never came.

When we asked for the bill it took over half an hour. All the tables around us were complaining of incomplete orders, cold food, wrong food etc but neither the waiter nor the management were anywhere to be seen and the poor people meant to clear the tables were dealing with the mess.

For probably the first time in my life I did not leave a tip. WHen the person taking the bill asked me if I wanted to tip I asked them when last they had seen my waiter as we had not. They shrugged knowingly and seemed to understand (or had heard similar complaints that night.

When we left there were still a good 50 - 100 empty seats (now close to midnight) so I am not sure who they were keeping the tables for.

My advice is - avoid the restuarant. Walk through it to see the views but dont eat there.