“As disappointments go, this was at the top of the list. For rudeness they top the charts globally”
Review of Sea Satin Market

Sea Satin Market
Ranked #166 of 227 Restaurants in Mykonos Town
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 10 August 2017

We were so excited to go to this restaurant. Read great reviews and had heard a lot about it. Booked 3 months an advance and requested a "good table" ie with a view.

When we arrive (15 mins early) the restaurant was 85% empty. This is a big restaurant (seating 600 people I think). I gave my name at the door and the owner/ manager or whatever he was did not even look in a book or check anything to confirm we had a reservation. He just took us to the back corner. I dont think he could have found a worse table if he tried. SO i politely (at first) asked to move and he told me he was fully booked and there was no where else to put us. At that stage I reckon there were less than 75 people in the restaurant and there were 100s of empty tables. I then chased him down literally and told him I had book 3-4 months in advance and was promised a good table. I asked why I could not sit at any of the other tables and he told me they were booked (I was there, the others were empty). I then proceeded to show him the email and he told me and I quote
"You are not at your home, you are in my restaurant. Watch how you speak to people".

It was at that point that I told him, quite loudly thanks but we were leaving. At that point he miraculously found us a table in the prime position next to the sea overlooking the windmalls. The problem was the amount of energy and embrassment I had to exert inorder to get somewhere.

When it came to ordering, we were taken to the fresh fish. We found a "good fish" and the waiter took a 2kg fish. There were 4 of us, 2 men, 2 woman. There was not way we could eat that. So we told him. He basically threw the fish back at us and told us he did not have the time to sort through the fish to find something smaller. My friend pulled one out which ended up weighing 1.1kgs which turned out to be more than enough (and half the price).

The starters were superb. When the fish arrived it was dried out and cold.. We would have complained but they could not care less and we did not see the waiter again for most of the evening. I think he had decided when we wanted a smaller fish that we werent lucrative enough for him.

During the meal, we ordered some extra sides that never came.

When we asked for the bill it took over half an hour. All the tables around us were complaining of incomplete orders, cold food, wrong food etc but neither the waiter nor the management were anywhere to be seen and the poor people meant to clear the tables were dealing with the mess.

For probably the first time in my life I did not leave a tip. WHen the person taking the bill asked me if I wanted to tip I asked them when last they had seen my waiter as we had not. They shrugged knowingly and seemed to understand (or had heard similar complaints that night.

When we left there were still a good 50 - 100 empty seats (now close to midnight) so I am not sure who they were keeping the tables for.

My advice is - avoid the restuarant. Walk through it to see the views but dont eat there.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

The first night in Mykonos belongs to Sea Satin restaurant every time we visiting the island.You need for sure a reservation and the best hour to go is 9.30-10.00.Stil very good food and atmosphere....Ask for Nikos he is the men....

Reviewed 9 August 2017

One of the best restos in Mykonos. Nice location, friendly staff and good food. Unfortunately, the atmosphere and success of a perfect evening depends on the DJ and the other customers.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Went there with a group of friends. Mezes are ok , fish was delicious but may favorite thing about this restaurant is the ambianca and music. People dancing on top of the tables Greek style. Go there to dine and mostly to have fun!

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Location is terrific, the entrance is cool, under the windmills, by the BBQ grill and the fresh fish.

Seating isn't great, place isn't exactly "clean" (at some point a small - about 14 inch - worm/ eel-like creature crawled up my foot)
Food isn't good and it turns into a club like atmosphere after dinner, which is very weird considering the set up of the place.