“Spacious apartment and lovely complex”
other travellers have booked this property
Large living room with sofa beds and access onto the double sunny balcony
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Large living room with sofa beds and access onto the double sunny balcony
Your own private balcony with table and chairs
All apartments have fully fitted kitchenette with hob, oven, microwave, toaster, kettle
All apartments have a TV receiving a range of UK programmes including BBC, ITV, Channel 4, 5 etc
Living room with access onto your own balcony
Twin beds in the separate bedroomed with access direct onto the double balcony
All apartments have a fully tiled bathroom with shower above bath
All my apartments have a selection of books
Garden City green and pleasant walkway
Well equipped Gym
The 2nd quieter pool at Garden City
Lovely sandy beach within a 5 minute stoll
Marina nearby with restaurants and bars
Always summer in Tenerife
Beach near the Marina just a 5 minute walk away
Heated Pool at Garden City
Pool bar for snacks, drinks and entertainment
Sandy Beach only a 5 minute walk
Plenty to see and do - Mount Teide in the distance
Lots of bars, restaurants and shops right outside the complex
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
eggbert20...
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“good location, everything else not so good”
Reviewed 10 March 2017 for a stay in February 2017
person found this review helpful

We booked this accommodation with the expectation that although it would be basic for the price we paid it would at least be clean - unfortunately this was not the case. The pillow cases were dirty, the cooker was dirty and there was dust everywhere. We raised these issues as soon as we were able to get hold of Janet - but she informed us she was not able to get to the apartment until Monday (we arrived Friday, so this was half way through our holiday). Surely the point of having someone local to deal with issues is that they deal with them promptly. It is of limited use if Deanna says contact Janet when she is not interested in sorting out issues (in our case there was a no show from Janet on Monday and indeed for the rest of the holiday).
Other issues - 1. Parking is listed on the website as being present, this isn't accurate. There is shared parking with a medical centre and there is no chance of getting a space between 8am and 5pm on a weekday.
2. Leave plenty of time to get ready to go out. The hot water in the tank is good for one shower and then its an hour for the water to warm up again. I was fed up of cold showers by the end of the week.
3. The sofa bed is extremely uncomfortable.

Your age range 35-49
12 Mar 2017
I m sorry you felt the need to leave this review. I was actually in Tenerife myself during your stay and I checked the apartment myself on the day you arrived and it was certainly not dirty or dusty when I left. While I was there I touched up the paint on the walls and brushed and mopped the floor before I left. I did not check the pillow cases as the bed was made but all the laundry is boiled washed every week. I will certainly check these. Unike most complex in the area there is a car park behind Garden City and you asked me about this in advance and I told you that it is a public shared (free) car park so can get busy during the day. Janet did pop in at least twice during your stay but you were not there. Most apartments in Tenerife have an electric water heater the same sort of system as the UK immersion system so you do have to wait for showers - there have been horror stories about gas heaters and best to be safe. And it takes less than half and hour to heat up. I was on the complex the same time as you and my water heater was taking about 20 minutes to completely reheat. It is not difficult to stagger showere time knowing this. I am suprised you said the sofa bed was uncomfy as the two sofa beds were only replaced four months ago. As you rightly say the apartements are excellent value and the many people who book again and again must like them - but I am aware it is impossible to please all of the people all of the time.
Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 February 2017 for a stay in January 2017
people found this review helpful

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
16 Feb 2017
Pleased to hear you had a good holiday and everything was good in the apartment. Yes, Garden City is very popular as it is close to everything - including the beach.
sandybego...
Puerto de la Cruz, Spain
“Friendly complex and good spacious apartment”
Reviewed 10 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016
people found this review helpful

Apartment was well maintained and clean and tidy. Had everything we could want for a stay in the sun. Don't expect luxury but a good basic apartment and as it is an older complex rooms are much more spacious than some of the cramped modern apartments. The beds were comfy and there were 2 black leather sofa beds in the living room as well as two twin beds in the bedroom. Good sized balcony and a well fitted kitchen.

The complex is well run and the Winning Post pub on the complex offered great food at a good price - pool bar was good too. With all the other bars and that outside the complex this makes Garden City a good complex. It's our second stay and we will certainly be booking with this owner again.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
13 Jan 2017
I was pleased to welcome you back again and glad to hear you had anther good stay. Garden City is proving very popular and guests book with me again and again. Yes, the Winning Post is excellent and there are plenty of bars and restaurants right outside the complex and the pool bar offers entertainment.
william m
Llandudno, United Kingdom
“Very Poor Accomodation”
Reviewed 8 January 2017 for a stay in November 2016
people found this review helpful

202 was good sized apartment,but dusty with poor quality beds, bedding sheets very thin,suitable for bunk beds, as too short! The top covers were filthy(human excrement on one) bedside lamp broken,no English instructions 4 safe. Bathroom tiles were filthy, bath in poor condition,bidet disconnected,hired towels were very poor and smelled unfresh as did the plug holes(bought bleach to remedy) Kitchen equipment was very much lacking, not suitable to feed four, when our friends joined us for a meal.Cutlery was filthy,required scrubbing b4 use. the iron was so old, its base black, wiring iffy. The outside line was one frayed string which broke eventually.JANET did replace top covers, brought new lamp and iron. Airer replaced too in our 4th week. Altogether a very disappointing let though on our first visit to Tenerife..

11 Jan 2017
I have spoken to Janet the cleaner who says that during one of the linen changes you asked her to change the bed spreads which she did - you did not say they were marked in any way which is strange as surely you would have mentioned this - especially after waiting a week until a linen change! You also told Janet about the lamp which she replaced - the same as the iron.When I done linen change I changed bedspreads just told me they needed doing. You did not phone her at all just asked for things when Janet did the linen changes which she carried out promptly at your request. The same as the clothes airer. At no time did you comment to Janet about the cleaning or she would have done something about it. Janet did say you wanted a lot of homely comforts to make stay better - but I am not sure what you meant by this. The kitchen equipment is more than adequate to make simple meals - these are holiday apartments and are not designed to entertain dinner parties.

Janet tells me that she replaced everything you asked for promptly but you failed to mentkion at any time you were unhappy with the cleaning. I do wish you had mentioned this at the time - especially as you saw Janet on many occasions when she replaced the things you asked for.

These apartments are very popular and many guests book again and again
Owen M
Llandudno Junction, United Kingdom
“Very poor accommodation.”
Reviewed 26 December 2016 for a stay in November 2016
people found this review helpful

Only good thing about the rental,apartment 224, was it was roomy.I have stayed in many apartments in this complex,but none as bad as this one from Deanna D.It was not clean,beds and bedding were in poor condition,fridge useless and bath dangerous due to it being being collapsed at one end causing loss of balance when used.Also the bidets fittings were removed so it couldn't be used.Bedroom had one bedside lamp on an extension which had to be left on the floor.Lounge furniture was inadequate and seats so low down as to be hard to get up and down off.Towels for second week,which had to be paid for,were unusable as they were musty smelling.Will not be returning again.

14 Jan 2017
You and your friends stayed in 2 of my apartments and I note you have both left poor reviews. Obviously the apartments are not timeshare and I do not advertise them as such. You make it sound as if the bedroom just has a bedside light - it does not - it all has also a ceiling light. Interesting both apartments have exactly the same sofas in the lunge and your friends made no comment on theirs. Modern sofas do tend to be lower than older ones but they are not that low. I have checked the bath and cannot find anything wrong with it. The bidet has now been removed from this apartment and it also has new beds - as it looks as if someone had swapped the beds with old ones from another apartment (not my apartment). Many people book my apartments again and again which they would not do if not suitable. They are roomy apartments, clean and tidy - but not timeshare luxury and my prices reflect this.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing