All reviews 2euros complex beds pool tenerife balcony
Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

One of our many holiday homes is here. I have to say as we have refurbished the inside of our apartment it is beautiful. Our balcony is overlooking the beautiful sea and these apartments are in the same area as Siam Park. Also, it is so close to Los Cristianos and Las Americas, and if you walk down the path you get to Fanabe. Which is beautiful, full of up market restaurants and a lively atmosphere. This apartment was my grandma’s and grandads and this was their favourite place to come onto holiday. It has such long lasting memories, and the pool, the apartment/ hotel restaurant is excellent. It’s all clean and tidy and a beautiful place to stay if thinking of visiting Tenerife.

Stayed: September 2017
4  Thank Anastasiadempsey
Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

We attended Altamira October 2017, Family of 4 with 2 boys (9 & 13). Hotel itself is clean and tidy, the rooms also clean and tidy with good sized balcony. Reception staff extremely friendly and helpful, snack bar at reception very nice and the staff were extremely welcoming all the time.

Around a 20 minute walk into the main part of town which we enjoy, got a taxi back most nights which was about 7EUR which we don't mind paying.

Only one down point for us was the pool area, although the pool was stunning and clean and tidy our boys weren't allowed to have any fun whatsoever in the pool. Not allowed to dive in, play with floats or balls etc... Life Guard was an extremely serious individual.

We love Tenerife but wouldn't recommend this hotel for families with children but would say it's absolutely perfect for couples or older groups looking for a quiet hotel.

Hopefully this helps

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank stev1012
Reviewed 21 June 2017

Arrived here on the 10th June, got given keys of room and were given sketchy idea of where our room was, weren't told anything about the apartments, booked a 1 bedroom apartment... talk about sparse, there were 4 coffee tables dotted around the lounge area which was quite big plus a table and a sofa and chair...the kitchen area was a joke the light wasn't working, told reception next day and someone came in to fix it...next day the light wasn't working again didn't bother going to reception again, was a hob and oven a kettle and toaster and coffee maker which I thought was a bit random, no tin opener, (don't ask)
When you go self catering you at least like to be able to use the facilities, no iron no microwave
First day we went to the pool, were told we have to pay 2€ each for a mattress for the sunbed, taking that over a week or a fortnight it soon adds up.... had to pay for the remote control for the telly ??? Seriously???television but basically have to pay to watch it...tut tut!!!
My husband and I went out the first night and came back around 10.30pm and went into the "Sports Bar" for a drink, barman rushes to us.... bar closed at 10pm he says...hardly a Sports Bar...had to go to the chillout bar for a drink lets say it was the first and last time €8 for a cocktail and €5 for a pint...now Dick Turpin had the decency to wear a mask...close the Sports Bar at 10pm and the mugs will go to the chillout bar spend a fortune....sorry but I felt as though I was at school in these apartments, no diving no jumping in the pool...silence notices on every floor...won't be back...love Tenerife

Room Tip: Chose a different hotel!!!!
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Babs M
Reviewed 29 March 2017 via mobile

My family has been visiting Altamira for 18yrs now. We originally started coming because of the safety offered by the pool area for a storming two year old who you needed eyes in the back of your head for back then. Now we just come for the peace and quiet it offers for a relaxed holiday. The whole complex is maintained very well by the resident maintenance crew, some of who have been here longer than we have been coming. The same could be said for the reception staff. At one point it looked as though the complex was starting to look a little tired but over the years the whole place has been brought up to date and maintained to a high standard. A lot of the apartments are residential and some are time share, but I now notice a lot more are becoming more accessible. I think this is more to do with the crack down by the Spanish government on taxes owed through renting. The restaurant by the pool is adequate and handy is you just want to stay by the pool, though it is a bit pricey. You can hire a matress for your sun bed at 2euros a day which we don't mind paying as the money helps with up keep of the pool area. It is a place I can see my wife and I returning to for many years to come.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank Phil M
Reviewed 27 February 2017 via mobile

Rented apartment no 215 through Owners Direct ref 6750541.
Agent Bella offered a one way airport transfer for €50 which I accepted.
During our stay I found out from reception that the taxi fare to or from Tenerife south airport is set at €29!
When we were leaving I asked Bella why she was charging such an extortionate price and she replied
"That's what we take"

Also, €100 was charged for final cleaning for a 1 bedroomed, extremely basic apartment & when we arrived the cutlery & oven were dirty & the toilet bin had not been emptied.

I'm not sure if the owner of the apartment has been made aware of these issues after I pointed them out to Bella the agent.

The apartment itself is very basic.
No instructions for anything, no leaflets on the hotel facilities or area.
Mismatched bedding, no air con or fans anywhere, no bars on bedroom window so can't leave open, no books/games pen or paper, no scissors, bread knife or can opener, dangerously high microwave, no cleaning products or basic essentials except ONE toilet roll!

On the small plus side, pool & sea view, beach towels supplied, nice balcony furniture, plenty of hot water for showering over bath & TV with English channels.

If the apartment was upgraded & given a complete makeover with a change of agent, it would definitely be worthy of a better rating as the Altamira hotel is in an enviable position with beautiful walks & good restaurants & bars in the area.

We will be back, but not to apartment 215 ☹️