All reviewsthe hotel staffparty goerslovely hotelgerman touristspartyingbarsreceptionmagalufsunbedsbus
Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

Unbelievable noise, shouting, singing and drumming well into the small hours. It could have been better of the front but seemingly our travel agent does organe access to such rooms
The staff were all charming but since I do not possess a lime yellow trilby or a tattoo they agreed that our best plan was to leave. They charged for one night

Dinner was good, breakfast less so, cold omelettes and cardboard bacon do nota breakfast make

Our subsequent move made up for everything, there are fine hotels here , my research was lacking

Stayed: September 2017
RiuHotelsandResorts, Online Reputation Manager at Hotel Riu San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Dear guest,

We are committed to provide excellent quality of our products and services to our guests.

We regret to read that you have left our hotel with an opposite idea in your mind. We have sent your comments and suggestions to the respective heads of departments involved and actions would be taken to address all your concerns.

We hope you will choose to visit us again, and give us a chance to demonstrate the high standards of guest service that are typical at our resorts.

Hotel Riu San Francisco
RIU.com

Reviewed 26 June 2017

Booked a week here and should have gone elsewhere.
First night we could not believe the noise from outside was,we'll check out my video.
The hotel allocated us a room overlooking the street which was crowded with partygoers at midnight we had to go to reception and demand that they move us which They did.The whole area of Playa del Palma was overrun with German boys and girls who liked to be heard,noisy loud and unruly.On our last day the reception could not allow us to keep on our room (im disabled)but was told to use the gym to shower and change before we left well when we went for shower which consisted of one shower and no where to change.We found 3German males naked changing in this area rather embarrassing for my wife.Would not use this hotel again especially June or July when the German youngsters take over the area.

Stayed: June 2017
1  Thank johnA53
RiuHotelsandResorts, Online Reputation Manager at Hotel Riu San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing RIU Hotels and Resorts for your vacation and for sharing your experience with us.

It is very important for us that all our clients feel welcome, regardless of their country of origin.

We regret that you felt disturbed by noise on the street. We can assure you that all our rooms are built considering the legal requirements regarding insolation and would like to clarify that upgrades and room requests are always subject to availability. However, our Front Desk team did its bests to satisfy and accommodate your requests.

Hotel Riu San Francisco

Reviewed 19 November 2016

The hotel is beautifully located at just few steps from the beach.
It offers outstanding sea views, amazing spa facilities and a permanent fresh air with a nice perfume.
I have no restrictions, and I do actually find myself obliged by circumstances, to mention Ms Piedad and Mr Alejandro who were as friendly as possible with a permanent can do and very helpful attitude, being part of their great reception staff.
They offer an impeccable room cleanliness, a great variety of good healthy food very well presented and served.
The professionalism is at its best, and I congratulate all their staff for all the effort they put in, which reflects in the overall customer satisfaction.
The brand owner has all the motives to be proud with his work which reflects well within each holiday experience.
This has been my very first experience with Riu, as before that I didn't hear or know about them, but obviously I'm happy I do know now .
Thank you for making me feel special during my stay. Next time though, I'll do whatever is necessary to get one of their amazing sea view rooms, as I wasn't so fortunate first time.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank GStancu
Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

My husband and I have just returned from ten days
at this hotel. I made a big mistake booking it! The hotel itself is excellent. Food good though breakfast
not as good as some Riu hotels we have been to. No smoothies, homemade cake or fresh omelette.
Problem is its proximity to bars and clubs. The minute you step out the door it's noise, drunken youths and revelling! The manageress couldn't be nicer nor the staff but it is outwith their control. Too many rowdy guests! Hard to get a decent sleep. Pity!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Belle A
RiuHotelsandResorts, Online Reputation Manager at Hotel Riu San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2016

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback and for expressing your concerns. We regret that you had to encounter some inconveniences which caused your hotel to be less enjoyable.

We regret that you did not like the location of our resort. For this reason we would like to inform you that you can find all official information about location and surroundings on our website.

On the other hand we are glad that you enjoyed our hotel and the food we offer at our restaurants.

We hope you will choose to visit one of our RIU hotels again, and give us a chance to demonstrate the high standards of Guest Service like we already did in the past.

Riu San Francisco

Reviewed 4 June 2016

Wonderfully helpful and so very friendly staff makes this one of the best Hotels I have ever stayed in . The accommodation is spotless , extremely comfortable , especially the beds, and has everything you need. The food is delicious and varied , something for everyone, with plenty of fish, special roasts each evening and far too appetising desserts for any weight watcher but with a wide range of fresh fruit as well..It is well placed close to the beach , bus route and all amenities. However it is the wonderful staff that make this hotel so special , nothing is too much trouble for any of them .at any time throughout the entire hotel.

Room Tip: Sea view room was great for people watching on the beach and prom too but not at all noisy.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends