“Disaster”

Ranked #13 of 78 Hotels in Playa de Palma
Reviewed 4 October 2010

Let's start with ..
the Good .. the front desk staff
the Bad - our room, the food, the location
the Ugly - So loud outside 24/7 - had to keep your doors closed at night .. total party town

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Sue B

Reviewed 1 December 2009

The only downside to this hotel is that in November everything around is closed for end of season. Other than that I think the location, rooms, cleanliness food and staffing is good to very good. As with most all-inclusives the quality of wine could be better but it's perfectly drinkable and the beer/spirits/cocktails etc are just fine.
The bus service in and around the resort and to Palma itself is remarkably good but the express no 25 goes via Motorway and only takes half the time of others. Also worth knowing there is a bus direct from airport to within 100 metres of hotel (No 21) for only 2 euros so if travelling light a good option.
Only entertainment after dinner is fairly ordinary duo playing primarily for dancing -- not my cup of tea but enjoyed by those participating.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
6  Thank MrT1610
Reviewed 8 November 2009

I stayed at Riu Bravo with my mam for a week. The hotel is amazing, very clean and situated in an excellent location - really close to Palma de Mallorca. The food in a hotel was great, both me and my mam are good cooks and we appreciated the quality of meals in Riu. The food was beautifully presented and a selection of dishes was satisfactory, plenty of salads, desserts, roasted meats for dinner and seafood.

I liked the area around the hotel, pools were clean and well-heated. We enjoyed the hotel spa it's a great place to relax and enjoy jacuzzi or sauna.

Staff were friendly and polite and really responsive when we had any queries. Especially the dining staff were nice.

What I did not like about Riu? As written in many other comments, the hotel is focused on a German holiday maker. Older Germans (some of them) look down on you if you speak a language different than German and you might feel like an intruder at times. Some staff assume you are a German and would not speak English to you.
I did not like the entertainment at the hotel, I think it was poor, I hate being ageist but if you are young and non-german then night entertainment is not for you.

I would recommend the hotel for a short out of season holiday, especially if you purchase all inclusive it's an amazing, "lazy" holiday in a lovely sorroundings.I would especially recommend it for mature people who do not like loud hotels - at least when I visited in November is was really quiet and not really busy so we could use lots of facilities at the hotel. I would certainly come back.

• Stayed: November 2009
3  Thank northern_star87
Reviewed 20 September 2009

The best advice that I can give to any English speaking people thinking of going to the Riu Bravo is DON'T.
Tha bar, reception and cleaning staff are excellent but if you aren't German the dining room staff can be indifferent to say the least; we we're totally ignored on a few occassions by I must admit only 1 or 2 of them.
The hotel is in a great location, bus stop to Palma (cost 1.25 euro) is just round the corner from the hotel and a short walk to the beach but the big problem is that this hotel is run purely and simply for the German holiday maker.
We came home in need of another holiday after 2 weeks of not 1 single night of uninterupted sleep; the sound proofing of the rooms is poor to say the least and after 14 nights of young and not so young Germans, shouting, singing and banging doors up 'till 05.00 some mornings, we had had enough.
The food is not what we have come to expect from Riu either, again mostly orientated towards the German palate, although we did have a couple of nights when it was excellent. We do lik to try the local dishes but they were only on 1 night out of 14 and lunch was indifferent to say the least, salad selection poor and most lunches turned out to be either pizza or a burger.
If i do sound very negative about the hotel, i'm sorry, but having paid a lot of money fot this hotel. I do feel badly let down.
The 1 very nice touch that I received was a candle, bottle of Cava on the table and a card from the cleaning staff on the night of my birthday but apart from that we will never consider using this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Bobbers61
Reviewed 10 August 2008

Good location with great bus links to Palma, good food rooms are basic but clean and well kept. Helpful staff
My elderly parents loved it here but would only visit out of season, nice for a short break.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank jelh
11.7 km away
Melia Palas Atenea
Melia Palas Atenea
#25 of 74 in Palma de Mallorca

Been to Hotel Riu Bravo? Share your experiences!