“It was a ray of hope to warm myself a little in the sun after a joyless summer at home.”
Review of Hotel Palma Playa

Hotel Palma Playa
Ranked #28 of 78 Hotels in Playa de Palma
Reviewed 15 October 2017

It was my second time staying at this hotel and again I wasn't disappointed. The main idea of it was the hotel's location. Very easy access to the beach and it's only a 15-minute ride to the night city by bus... Really very friendly, welcoming and professional staff. The room was clean, bed was comfortable. Food was tasty.The balcony of the room was of a good size. I would stay here again...

Room Tip: I prefer to have the balcony with the view overlooking the south for its quietness
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
FGONZALEZF, Gerente at Hotel Palma Playa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Dear Valerij Z,
We greatly appreciate the time you spent to share your recent holiday experience at our Palma Playa Cactus hotel and we thank you for your kind recommendation to oher travelers.
It is very rewarding to read that our hotel and staff were able to meet all your needs during your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back at your earliest convenience.

Reviewed 1 October 2017

You get what you pay for and this hotel was cheap!
Very noisy area and guests with groups of young people partying, drinking and singing.
Food was average.
Rooms worn out, not very inviting decor.
Nice pool.
Located in an okay area 3-400 meter from the beach, easy accessible by bus to and from the airport.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo

Dear PonyCopenhagen
We would like thank for your feedback and we feel sorry that some aspects of your experience in our establishment couldn´t fulfil your expectations.
In any case we forward your suggestions to our Quality Department, as all comments on our behalf are the best motivation for continuous improvement of our services.
Yours sincerely
Francisco González
The manager

Reviewed 14 August 2017

Well here goes just back from a week in Hotel Playa Palma with the family. The hotel is of a good standard for the price with all you need and close to the beach. Good selection for breakfast. It's in the middle of El Arenal and Palma and with young ish children a good location. I found the hotel very clean. The real stand out for this hotel is the staff who were a real credit - the reception staff to the cooks and cleaners to the life guards. Really friendly feel and seems much more of a family run hotel. Some of the guests enjoyed themselves a little bit to much but managed well by the staff. If you are looking for a good location with a good price then it's a yes from me !

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
FGONZALEZF, Gerente at Hotel Palma Playa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

Dear Simon Bsc
We greatly appreciate the time you spent sharing your recent holiday experience at our Palma Playa hotel with all Tripadvisor users and your kind comments on our behalf.
It is a great pleasure to know that our hotel facilities and our staff were able to satisfy your expectations. We are also happy that you appreciate the place for families and that our breakfast has been to your liking.
We look forward to welcome you again at our resort in Mallorca.

Reviewed 2 July 2017

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and we had good experience. On arrival we felt welcomed and the receptionist was polite and friendly. The room was clean, although the view was not the greatest as the room was at the back of the hotel and overlooking a high-rise hotel. We have not used many hotel facilities, however breakfast was good and breakfast staff very helpful. The room was cleaned everyday and the cleaning staff were extremely helpful and polite. Our return flight was in the late afternoon and the hotel staff allowed us to stay a couple of hours past the check-out time, which we really appreciated. We will definitely come back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room fronting the hotel and as high as possible.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 2015AndrewG2015
FGONZALEZF, Gerente at Hotel Palma Playa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2017

Dear 2015AndrewG2015,
It is a great pleasure to know that our hotel facilities and our staff were able to satisfy your expectations. We are also happy that our staff and breakfast has been to your liking.
We look forward to welcome you again at our hotel in Mallorca.

Reviewed 17 June 2017

This hotel is rated a 3-star. I've stayed in many hotels in the world including other 3-star hotels in Spain, but this is 2-star at best. There is absolutely no soundproofing in the building. You can hear the people below you and next door. The cleaners start very early in the morning, and one morning the cleaner came into my room becoz I forgot to put out the Do not Distrub sign and then she slammed the door shut as she left, when she saw me in bed! The first night I was woken up by young drunk Germans partying literally outside my door, going between two bedrooms. I called reception and they came up to sort it out. However, they let the young ones run amok in the hotel despite the fact there are all types if people staying there, particularly those like myself who want to rest an sleep at night! I didn't hang out at the pool at all because there were always large groups of German men sitting there, drinking all day and being loud and brash. There is no consideration for other guests and it's intimidating, particularly for young women. They need to try and control this behaviour a bit more or just market the hotel for young ones who like two party in the summmer months. I did request a change of room, but there were loud drunken guys on that floor also, shouting loudly late in the night in the corridor. I wanted to change hotels but they wouldn't refund my booking. The staff are friendly though and the breakfast not bad, but not great either. I definately would not stay here again! AVOID.

Room Tip: There are NONE
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
FGONZALEZF, Gerente at Hotel Palma Playa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2017

Dear OrlaMaria
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, and I'm so sorry that your experience with us in June was disappointing. We take all guest feedback very seriously, and we're constantly improving all aspects of our service and facilities. We even use online feedback to train employees, so be sure your problem with noises is not going to happen in the future. We have increased our security staff to ensure that there is no noise in the hallways.
I'm very sorry about the incident with the cleaning staff, but they only do their job. If she doesn't see the "don't disturb" display, after knocking on the door, She has to go in to clean the room.
The cancellation policy doesn't depend on the Hotel, it is a matter of contracting between companies.
I hope you will consider staying with us again so that we can demonstrate the level of service that we are known for.
Best regards