All reviews stayed at this hotel for nights hear everything furniture airport euro balcony bus maintenance kettle deposit
Reviewed 17 June 2017

This hotel is rated a 3-star. I've stayed in many hotels in the world including other 3-star hotels in Spain, but this is 2-star at best. There is absolutely no soundproofing in the building. You can hear the people below you and next door. The cleaners start very early in the morning, and one morning the cleaner came into my room becoz I forgot to put out the Do not Distrub sign and then she slammed the door shut as she left, when she saw me in bed! The first night I was woken up by young drunk Germans partying literally outside my door, going between two bedrooms. I called reception and they came up to sort it out. However, they let the young ones run amok in the hotel despite the fact there are all types if people staying there, particularly those like myself who want to rest an sleep at night! I didn't hang out at the pool at all because there were always large groups of German men sitting there, drinking all day and being loud and brash. There is no consideration for other guests and it's intimidating, particularly for young women. They need to try and control this behaviour a bit more or just market the hotel for young ones who like two party in the summmer months. I did request a change of room, but there were loud drunken guys on that floor also, shouting loudly late in the night in the corridor. I wanted to change hotels but they wouldn't refund my booking. The staff are friendly though and the breakfast not bad, but not great either. I definately would not stay here again! AVOID.

Room Tip: There are NONE
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
FGONZALEZF, Gerente at Hotel Palma Playa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2017

Dear OrlaMaria
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, and I'm so sorry that your experience with us in June was disappointing. We take all guest feedback very seriously, and we're constantly improving all aspects of our service and facilities. We even use online feedback to train employees, so be sure your problem with noises is not going to happen in the future. We have increased our security staff to ensure that there is no noise in the hallways.
I'm very sorry about the incident with the cleaning staff, but they only do their job. If she doesn't see the "don't disturb" display, after knocking on the door, She has to go in to clean the room.
The cancellation policy doesn't depend on the Hotel, it is a matter of contracting between companies.
I hope you will consider staying with us again so that we can demonstrate the level of service that we are known for.
Best regards
Francisco González,

Reviewed 10 May 2017

SO this hotel took a pre booking without warning for half of the money of the booking, they kept hold of this for 20 days, after countless calls to booking.com to recover it. The hotel staff hardly spoke english, this was proved when booking.com were unable to contact them as they did not understand the queries. The rooms were okay but dated, and the breakfast was mediocre. I'd give this one a miss, there are plenty of nicer places in the area!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
FGONZALEZF, Gerente at Hotel Palma Playa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2017

Dear Ryan B,
We appreciate the time you spent sharing your holidays experience at our Palma Playa hotel with all the Tripadvisor users. We´re sorry that your experience was negative this time.
It has been our fault, we had some technical problems with our system.
Thank you to you we have been able to discover the fault in our system. We are really sorry for all the incovenience.
Best Regards

Reviewed 4 May 2017 via mobile

The hotel was as expected and the staff were very friendly. I didn't use the pool as it was fairly cold weather (and I don't swim on account of not floating), but it looked nice enough. The rooms are a reasonable size and have the basic amenities you would expect at this price point.

The breakfast was ok for what it was, but don't expect anything too fancy. I didn't try the evening meal, but I hear it was ok.

Definitely worth it.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
FGONZALEZF, Gerente at Hotel Palma Playa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2017

Dear Mike A,
We greatly appreciate the time you spent sharing your recent experience at our Palma Playa hotel with all Tripadvisor users and your kind comments on our behalf.
It is a great pleasure to know that our hotel facilities and our staff were able to satisfy your expectations.
We look forward to welcome you again at our hotel in Mallorca.
Kindest Regards,
Francisco Gonzalez
The Manager

Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

Very good value hotel ,rooms were spotless clean ,great location ,The breakfast was great included in price,bar man was lovely and friendly,would stayagain ,there is a room for cases and a shower room free of charge for late departures

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
FGONZALEZF, Gerente at Hotel Palma Playa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2017

Dear Nicola1233,
We greatly appreciate the time you spent to share your recent holiday experience at our Palma Playa Cactus hotel and we thank you for your kind recommendation to oher travelers.
It is very rewarding to read that our hotel and staff were able to meet all your needs during your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Kindest Regards from Mallorca

Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

We stayed here specifically as it was close to the airport but still paid £53 for an 8 seater-15min drive which I found expensive-booked thru booking.com..rather phone the hotel directly and ask them to send u a taxi,Will be half the price! Back to the hotel,The rooms and hotel public areas are very tired and dated, would need a little paint for freshness and decor..Breakfast and dinner has a large variety of food to suit everyone ..Breakfast basically English full + continental mixed..Dinner becomes repetitive and dull after nights-nothing special..Theres a pool table/ tennis table and a bar with probably the friendliest and top bar man I've ever met. Thanks Alberto!! And special thanks to the very curteous and welcoming reception desk staff, especially Fernandez who made our stay extra special..Anyone looking at going to Stollèr for the day,take the old Stoller train to Sroller €16 per adult,a bit expensive but well worth it as the scenery is stunning..and a walk down to Stoller port is easily accessible via Google maps and won't take u more than 45min and a lovely walk well worth it..u then take a bus from soller port to palma for €3.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
FGONZALEZF, Gerente at Hotel Palma Playa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2017

Dear Nelson D,
We greatly appreciate the time you spent to share your recent holiday experience at our Palma Playa Cactus hotel and we thank you for your kind recommendation to other travelers.
I'll tell your comments to our staff, especially to Alberto and Fernández.
Regarding the furniture and maintenance we shall forward your suggestions to our Quality Department, as all comments on our behalf are the best motivation for continuous improvement of our services.
I look forward to welcome you again at your earliest convenience.
Kindest Regards,