All reviewsfree wifi in lobbymemory foampool areareception stafflovely hoteltriple roomrooms are modernstayed here for nightsbreakfast and dinnerno tea and coffee making facilitiessea viewwalls are very thinfantastic staycrazy golfexcellent locationper persongerman tourists
Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

Been to Palma de Mallorca several times , in general , the service at this island is great and friendly , ppl are mostly welcoming tourists and happy ! Unfortunately it DOESNT happen in this hotel !!

Due to we are 2 sets of ppl , but I missed the flight so delayed about 1 hour to check in , the first group already checked in but told the reception we have another room , and the reception said she knew ! When I arrived , I asked for the room and wish we 4 could be next to each other , then the reception said for sure and she gets it ! But after we went to the room , actually it's totally located 2 different direction of the floor !!!! We went down to ask and she refused to admit what she just told us and only tell us to ask tomorrow noon ! Why she lied to us when we Checked in ??

Due to our group separated pretty far , the night I went to our friends room to chat and chill , all of sudden there was big punching sound from the door , due to the room has no peep hole at the door , and no voice from another side , so we didn't dare to open the door !! After 10 min again a very loud punching then suddenly someone from the reception entered our door ignored the sign " do not disturb " !!
That's already like trespassing !!!!! Then he said the next room complain our loudness of music but I ask him " did you hear any music or TV ? " he said he didn't , then how can we make loud noises just friends chatting ?? And how can he come in to our room without telling us who he is ???? That's ridiculous and unprofessional !!! Even he afterwards apologized, but there is no supervisor or manager to talk to us about it !!

I wrote 2 emails to the hotel MANAGEMENT and the BG GROUP that night ! Unfortunately there is no answer at all ! Not even one word!

One night before we departure , I asked the reception ( an older white haired man ) about our shuttle bus schedule , he simply said he didn't know and with very arrogant attitude !! No smile and no service intention !! Just ignorant !!! Several questions are just simply answered : NO ! Or I don't know !!

The female reception at the restaurant also with similar arrogant attitude , every night I asked her for a table to eat as if we owe her some favors , talking to us with a demand attitude !! Really disappointed !!

All in all , after all the bad experiences here , I recommend you DON'T stay in this kind of bad training arrogant staff hotel , there are plenty better hotels here !! Don't goose from this BG GROUP ,with similar price and offer you can get such as : Melia hotel or Iberostar !!

We love this island and still will come every year several times , but with this hotel is absolutely NO GO !!!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
5  Thank yupingh2015
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

In certain very touristy areas of Majorca, the resorts charge for water. Water. The most basic human necessity. And you can't bring your own into a meal or they ask you to take it out and then pay the, for the privilege of drinking their water. Absolutely criminal. This is not so in the smaller areas of the island. As one business owner in Petra said to us, "water is universal ". This hotel does not agree. Be prepared to pay for this most basic human need.
The meals in the hotel are first rate and the best we've had at any of the hotels here. The rooms were adequate, but nothing that special. Wouldn't return but glad I saw it nonetheless.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2017

Knowing I was going to spend a week at one place was a little daunting. Despite extensive research you never really know what you are going to find. Hotel Caballero turned out to be a pleasant surprise. Compared to many of the hotels in this stretch of beach, this hotel is somewhat smaller and has a "small hotel" feel to it which I particularly enjoyed. The pool is pleasant, not too large but enough for the clientele. Unfortunately the worldwide practice of placing a towel on a chair to "claim" it takes place here as well but I always managed to find one. The room itself, though a bit small, is very clean and functional. Comfortable for a good sleep and I never suffered any noise from my neighbours. The food was a particular surprise for me. It was delicious! Every breakfast and dinner offered a wide variety of quality foods that had appeal to the many European travellers there. The wait staff too were very diligent and the dining area was very well managed and organized. I was pleasantly shocked! The staff at this hotel are very polite and friendly...reception is always there to help and the pool area staff were a delight! The hotel is a quick walk to the beach but more importantly, not close to the madness of cafes, bars, restaurants etc that engulf the beachfront area. Wifi is provided in the lobby area but you must pay extra to have it in your room. The same policy applies to having a safe which also cost extra. Aside from that, it was a great week and I attribute much of that to this lovely hotel!

Kevin, Toronto, Canada

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank KMTORONTO2014
Hotel_Caballero, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Caballero Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2017

Dear Customer, we are very pleased with your positive feedback from our staff and Hotel. A big greeting from Mallorca

Reviewed 30 August 2017

Overall a very good stay. Hotel is clean, smart and modern and very peaceful. We were pretty much the only English people there that we saw, with it being a predominantly German hotel. We found this with the reception staff that their English wasn't the best, and i didn't find them very welcoming at all. It felt at times that it was a hassle for them to answer our questions. For us the location was too far from the bars and clubs so we wouldn't stay here again from that perspective, however from the beach it's literally 2 mins down the road which was ideal. Pool area is nice which also serves really cheap food of good quality, also with a pool bar. There was plenty of choice to eat in the evenings with a great selection from the buffet and really good food so would recommend eating in the hotel. Gym, very small so if you're looking to keep fit on holiday it's probably not for you. I feel i paid a bit too much for my experience, you could say it's what you'd expect to pay at the end of August but £250 per person for 3 nights wasn't worth it.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends

Dear customer, thank you very much for your comment. A greeting from Mallorca.

Reviewed 23 August 2017

We've just returned from our Holiday here. The hotel is only few mins walk from a gorgeous beach, with warm sea so its a bonus to be within a couple minutes walk. The hotel is spacious, clean with very friendly staff and maids clean the rooms daily. The best is the restaurant with so much choice and amazing delicious food. We stayed half board, didn't need lunch as so much for breakfast and dinner. All our family loved all the food, and plenty of it with huge variety. The only thing disappointing is that the evening meal does not include any drinks, even water has to be paid for. The tennis and snooker is all extra too. The mini golf is included but it is a bit tatty. There weren't many young children, its more for adults or teenagers. Therefore not too noisy.

Room Tip: our rooms were lovely, quiet and very clean.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Hotel_Caballero, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Caballero Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2017

Dear customer thank you very much, we are very happy for your favorable comment. A greeting from Mallorca