“Great again.”

Himalaya Restaurant
Price range: USD 9 - USD 28
Description: Himalaya restaurant discover the rich, tantalizing flovours of indian, nepali and himalayan cuisine in a friendly welcoming atmosphere. Try our house specialities and our himalayan rich gravy dishes cooked with directly imported himalayan herbs. All the dishes are cooked to order so you decide how spicy you like it. ( mild, medium or hot)
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

I don't know what happened to the previous reviewers meal but we were there last night too. As we had been before last year and as the portions are large we decided to have popadams with dips, share a mixed starter and a main with rice and keema man. Together with a bottleof wine and a large beer. The bill came to €34, which was a bargain. The staff were polite, didn't rush us and the food was great, will be back again this holiday.

Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

Me and my family visited this restaurant 2 days after I visited Mumbai masala in Jameson (which I have reviewed). As it is an Indo-Nepalese restaurant, I was looking forward to dining here, given the rise of Nepalese chefs in uk based establishments where the food is consistently very good.

I was hoping for better tasting food on my trip this time around but unfortunately it was actually worse.

Pros:-
• lovely sea view
• good looking menu
• complimentary apple sours

Cons:-
• we ordered a variety of dishes including paneer shashlik, chicken shashlik, chicken jalfrezi, chips and garlic naan. The paneer was tough and bland, the chicken shashlik came in huge chunks and coated in a dry tangy marinade that wasn’t very pleasant to taste. The jalfrezi was also bland and hardly had any chicken. The chips came out under cooked and had to be returned. They came back still a little under cooked.

My bill came to €102 as we ordered other items drinks. Stings when you don’t enjoy the food!

2 out of 2 “highly rated” Indian restaurants tried and tested in Lanzarote and both failed to impress. I hope your experiences are better than mine.

Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

I visited here with my partner we both enjoyed the food which was lovely! The staff could not have been more helpful and friendly. We will deffinetly be back.

1  Thank Eve S
Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

‘WOW’ what an amazing place beautiful view really friendly staff and the food was so nice starter main desert fantastic wish I’d came here more Njoy

1  Thank Chris T
Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

Probably one of the best indian meals iv ever had.and iv had a few.good portion size.really tasty and friendly staff.€59 for a family of 4.went to another not far away a couple of days before which was €93.

2  Thank nicksmith17