“The best home cooked food by a mile.”

The Little Elm Restaurant
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 31 July 2018

Six of us booked to eat here for my parents anniversary (after reading the reviews we just had to try it for ourselves) and we were not disappointed. I booked online and had a reply really quickly.
We were greeted by Alan and the lovely Kim brought out our chosen dishes. Between us we had the chicken and mushroom soup and the sizzling garlic mushrooms to start, both dishes were great, followed by 3 steaks, 2 hand battered cod and a steak and ale pie. I had the pie which was the best I've tasted and had big chunks of tasty steak which just must melted in my mouth, along with creamy mash and the veg tasted beautiful.
The rest of the gang all said their meals were fantastic and my partner, who raves about the best steak he'd ever had was in Marbella a few years ago, now has a new favourite to compare all future steaks!. The fish and chips were also a huge hit and everyone cleared their plates, even my fussy 17 year old daughter. The desserts were to die for, after eight cheesecake, bakewell tart and custard and apple crumble, all totally delicious. I just wish we had eaten here earlier in our holiday as we would have definitely booked again. All of the food is home cooked and delicious and I wanted to try everything!!! . The restaurant itself is very nicely decorated and spotlessly clean. Thanks to Kim for putting up with 6 noisy Geordies as well as my partners awful sense of humour, she should have a medal and our very best compliments to the chef.

1  Thank X7939LPandreat
Write a ReviewReviews (1,430)

Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

We had the most delicious Sunday roast here on the the last evening of our holiday, everything was great from the wine to the kids meals. Everyone had clean plates and full tummies! Highly recommend this lovely little place

Reviewed 29 July 2018

Wow. What can I say about this place? If you are looking for a really nice restaurant experience beyond the level of pub grub, this is the place for you. The owners are Scottish and there are some home cooked meals presented with a twist. You would be advised to book a reservation which is easily done on their website. The restaurant is not entirely visible from the strip and it is upstairs but that doesn't seem a problem as the restaurant is always crowded. I had a cajun chicken dish that was perfectly cooked and the flavours in any dish I got there are fantastic. They are famous for their desserts with the cheesecake in particular being presented with a twist. I look forward to dining in this exceptional place on my next visit. An absolute must if you like good food!

Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

Sonya and I had a wonderful evening at The Little Elm. Alan & Tim were perfect hosts and food was excellent. Thanks guys - excellent evening

Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

Booked little elm based on trip advisor reviews and we were happy we did! Lovely meal and super friendly service. Thanks so much.

Throughly recommend, was very popular so do make an advanced booking so you are not disappointed x x