4,135 results
All reviews swim up bar asian restaurant main restaurant entertainment team patio heaters on tap large hotel soft drinks quiet side mattress topper room in the main hotel quiet pool the main block thomson reps evening entertainment plenty of choice reception area
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Just got back good hotel really food ok but I dont eat much on holiday anyway,,drinks on tap so help yourself no queuing etc ,, entertainment very funny couple nights but couple boring ones as well ..daytime activities aplenty..my moans are you need too get a sunbed by 7.30 or no chance all day bloody joke lucky tho my lad didn't mind getting up early ..also had a terrible balcony view looking straight at main crossover bridge between hotels complained but didn't get. A change ..

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank bigyen1967
Reviewed 16 July 2012

This is our 2.time at Riu Paraiso and we were not dissapointed at all. This is one of oir favorite hotel. The hotel is located in Puerto del Carmen and some minutes drive from the airport. A taxiride from airport will cost around 14 euros. At the reception we were greeted by the staff and the check in was efficiently done. The staff at the reception was always helpfull and smiling during the whole period of our stay. The rooms were kept very clean. The rooms were big and the beds were comfortable. The rooms were airconditioned and could be adjusted individually. Our rooms had balcony with poolview. There was a tv with channels in english, spanish and german. There was a fridge in the room. This hotel is very big and some of the rooms were placed a bit away from the main retaurant area. It wil take about 6 minutes to go but it did not bother us at all. All the staff were very friendly, alway greeting and smiling and it gave a great atmosphere.

This is an all inclusive hotel and drinks (juices, mineral waters, beers and wine were avaibale from 07 am to 24.00. At the Volcano discotheque until 2 am. The food was excellent and served in buffet style. There was lot of selections. The main restuarant had differnt types of meat/fish for the dinner and some times some spesialities. Theres is also a chinese, mexican and cannarian resturant and I will stronly reccomend you to dine at these restaurants. You have to book a table if you wish to eat here.

There were 4 maiin pools and plenty of sunbeds, but during the high season you have to be early to get a sunbed. The bad thing is some reserved the beds too early but did not use it often. That was frustrating.

The entertainment team was really great and they were always smiling and organising activities like beach volleyball, football, ping pong, art, french bowls, dance classes etc etc. So there were plenty of activities to choose between and for all ages (from 6 years and upwards). We played volleyball 2 times a day and had some great time with some of the hotel guests. The team had evening entertainment and most of the shows were great and some hillarious. They even had dance classes for the guests. This team did a really really great job!

The beach is just in front of the hotel and across the street. The town is within walking distance with lots of restuarants, bars and shops. A taxi ride is cheap. Overall this is a great hotel with very freindly staff and serviceminded. They were taking the feedbacks seriously and did follow up with improvements. That was really great. We will definitely return to this hotell again!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
8  Thank salsaaudi
Reviewed 16 July 2012

I have travelled many times to Lanzarote due to my parents having a villa when I was a child and on returning to the country as an adult it is still as I remember...tranquil.

This was our first holiday away with our friends and their adorable little boy so they were a little anxious regarding the standards of the hotel. We needn't have worried from arrival we were walmly welcomed and the request of being in adjacent rooms on the ground floor was met. The rooms were very clean with ample storage with huge beds. We stayed all inclusive and made the most of it my partner making the most of the whisky, a friend and I developing a love for the Pina Colada and my tea-total friend making the most of the fruit cocktails.

At every opportunity the staff made not only the adults but our young member of the group feel very at home from management to the gardiners all made a fuss of our friends little boy which in turn relaxed all of us that bit more.

The four restaurants were very nice to eat at the buffet always providing huge variations for breakfast then lunch and dinner continued its wide range of choices of salads, fish, pastas, pizzas, meats and vegetables to name a few. The mexican and canarian were equally as nice to eat at but our favourite was the Asian. The food was exquisite and guests must make sure they book in advance as due to its popularity it gets booked up pretty fast.

I can honestly say the entertainment staff worked exceptionally hard from morning shooting lessons, kids club, boules, aerobics to lunchtime games and their hilarious evening routines. One member took a liking to my other half and remembered us throughout the holiday which gave the rest of us a giggle. They never seemed to tire I wish I had their energy they definitely made the hotel the complete package.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank Olliewood_x
Reviewed 15 July 2012

My wife and I visited this hotel in April 2012 as it was our 40th wedding anniversary. The hotel was very clean and all the staff were very helpful. We had a room in the main part of the hotel down the corridor from the reception area. The room was very clean there was plenty of space the only down side was that the sun was not on the balcony in the afternoon. I have an illness which means I have to have a sleep in the afternoon the day after we arrived I had to go to reception to ask if the room could be made up early each day to save being disturb. My request was dealt with very quickly and the maid always insured our room was one of her first. On the day of our anniversary the hotel put a bottle of champage in our room along with a card unfortunately the card was written German I went to reception to as if they could translate was we were English the chap on reception could not apoligise enough (apparently the card said Happy Birthday) my wife and I had to laugh still we all make mistakes. The only down side to the holiday was the weather but that was not nothing to do with the hotel.

Room Tip: Try and to get a room in the main part of the hotel as all of the activities and restuarants are on this side. Rooms to the left of the reception area seem to get the sun in the afternoon.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2012

1st time in this Hotel and it wont be the last. Excellent rooms. (Room No 1119). It had its own little sitting room and over looked the quite pool area. Read other reviews regarding the 'long walk' over the bridge and what a load of old bunk-ham. If you cannot enjoy a little walk each day to and from an excellent pool and restaurant area then you booked the wrong hotel and should have booked through age concern.

The themed restaurants especially the Mexican and the Asian were fabulous and the food was cooked to perfection. If you are a bit wary of spicy food don't worry the flavors were not to hot and spicy but just right.

Ladies take a cardigan or shawl as it is a bit cooler at night. You men out their will think its warm ha ha

They were trimming the old leaves off the Palm trees as we were there and it was fascinating sight too watch. They were there from early morning light to about 8.30am for a few days and were great with the guests in that they cleared up and were off the premises each morning. Some didn't even see the spectacle, but I can guess whilst the work was being carried out there will be some moaning ninnies out there who will say why do it when they are on holiday. Remember this is an island that is popular 365 days a year so when is is acceptable. Put up with it and shut up.

Room Tip: The main pool area will always be noisier but the noise is not that bad. Yes there can be a few celebratory drinks by a few people but the bar closes at 12 midnight so it shouldn't affect your beauty sleep.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends