Spent a week here 25march to 1 april. THE POSITIVE POINTS!
Can not fault the staff well most of them some of the bar staff can be a little rude but reception, housekeeping and grounds staff were faultless.Rooms kept very clean with nicely folded towels left on bed swans, flowers etc.We were in the second half of the hotel its ok but quite a walk from the main block with only the snack bar and small bar to hand,both of these are only open from noon until 5 pm. the main block houses the restaurant,bar and snackbar also the entertainment room.Pools are good but you can only get towels from 9am to 12 noon so people just get their towels and grab a sun bed and if you cant beat them you just have to join the. Good location well worth turning left when you come out of the hotel into los pocillso some nice bars and restaurants in that direction.Turn right into puerto del carmen its a 10-15 minute walk or 2-3 euros in a taxi. Try top gun bar cheap and cheerful bingo monday wednesday and friday nights.Avoid cafe la ola food lousy!!!!
ONTO THE NEGATIVE!
Food was lousy poor quality and even worse choice.Its repetetive with the same things every day.The snack bar and main restaurant serve the same things burgers ,burgers and burgers.Salad bar was lacking meat and cheese with just lettuce tomato etc to choose from.The hot foods to speak of are served in small dishes holding 4-5 portions so they are always empty and the staff are never in a rush to top them up they are also in the same location as the so called show cooking so endless queues.The ala carte restaurants are not what i would class as ala carte they are just a buffet extention of the main restaurant. Mexican was edible,. Asian is well worth a visit but passed on the canarian when i saw snails and rabbit on the menu.
The drinks are adequate but yiou will be given cheap tasteless spirits at the bar,there are better quality options but you have to ask for them. Thank goodenss for the self serve beer ,soft drink pumps and coffee machines as if you had to queue for these at the bar you would never get served although they are often empty and again nobody seems to want to fill them up.
Cant comment on the enttertainment as we never watched it the room it was in put us off somewhat it is cinema style with no where to put your drinks and if you wanted to get out you would have to disturb everybody sat around you.
On the whole cant give this hotel 4 star think 3 at best would be more appropriate ,its too big for what facilities it has to offer and just feel they are trying to do too much.
Hope this helps but if your like me you have to try it for yourself and draw your own conclusions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located 30 m from Playa de los Pocillos beach * Two 2-story main buildings and 1 or 2-story annexes * 2 km from Puerto del Carmen * 400 m from various shops * 8 km from the airport * 300 m from a bus stop * Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Amex, Visa, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wotif.com, Expedia APAC, Hotels.com and lastminute.com.au so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Paraiso Lanzarote Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clubhotel Riu Paraiso Lanzarote Hotel
- Riu Paraiso Lanzarote
- ClubHotel Riu Paraiso Lanzarote Resort Puerto Del Carmen