“Bitacora Bliss”

Ranked #26 of 91 Hotels in Puerto Del Carmen
Comber, United Kingdom
“Bitacora Bliss”
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Just returned from a great week at the Bitacora Apartments. We found them to be clean and perfectly serviceable, with extras such as TV microwave and toaster as standard (other apartments have charged extra). Room service was every other day and the pool area was immaculate. Food and drinks from the family run pool bar where good. The location is reasonably central but there is a steep hill as described in other posts – but if your reasonable fit and can walk unaided it shouldn’t prove a problem. In any case a taxi from the strip or old town is around 3 euros. The onsite supermarket is a bit more expensive that others down the hill (I guess you pay for connivance!!)
We would definitely use these apartments again. One tip - eat and drink before going to the airport 3 Burger King Meals 32 euros and one baguette with coffee 8 euro!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Gerhanlon, Manager at Bitacora Club, responded to this review, 9 April 2012
It was so nice to read your review. Thank you for taking the time to write it.
I think what we offer, is a very good 2 star complex.
As you and many more people have said, the complex is clean, well located, and we have a very friendly family run pool bar.
We are not pretending to be the Ritz .,Sheraton, or Hilton!
We do not charge their prices!
What we do try to offer is good value , clean accommodation and friendly service.
Which I think we have achieved.
We have improved our services. We now have wifi throughout the complex. The block of apartments that has pool views and sun all day long, also has aircon ( just a note on this to all of you reading this. From June to October ( inclusive) these apartments cannot be allocated to our guests , unless they require the air con. This has a daily supplement )
Thank you once again for your comments.And we hope to see you back again soon.
Regards
Geraldine

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 3 April 2012

Had a great week, couldn't fault a thing arrived @ about 2 pm and was greated by a friendly young man, within 20 mins we had put our cases in our room and were enjoying a iced cold beverage.
Throughout the week felt totally secure & experienced no issues at all.
Will most deffo be returning later in the year, superb place to stay .....
Go for it :-))

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank Nannygaga
Coleraine, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 April 2012

Just back from a week stay at Bitacora Appartments and have to say we had a wonderful time. The staff were fantastic and nothing was ever too much trouble for them. The staff from the family run bar/restaurant were a delight! The appartments were spotless and had everything u could need for self catering. Rooms were cleaned every other day. Made some great friends and will definetly be back later on in the year!! Thank you Bitacora!!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Diane P
Gerhanlon, Manager at Bitacora Club, responded to this review, 9 April 2012
It was so nice to read your review. Thank you for taking the time to write it.
I think what we offer, is a very good 2 star complex.
We are not pretending to be the Ritz .,Sheraton, or Hilton!
We do not charge their prices!
Which I think we have achieved.
Thank you once again for your comments.And we hope to see you back again soon.
Regards
Geraldine
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 April 2012

We have just returned from a week at these apartments. We were broken into after the 2nd day and called Geraldine the manager who called the police for us. The following morning we spoke to her and she assured us that there had "never been any break ins before in the complex! I suspected that was not the case and having read other reviews that has been confirmed. She gave me the impression that she did not believe us about the break in. It was already an upsetting time and i was not impressed by her handling of the matter. Other than that incident as far as the cleanliness of the rooms and the complex, we cannot fault the complex

Room Tip: Ask for an upstairs room.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank susanb43_37
Gerhanlon, Manager at Bitacora Club, responded to this review, 7 April 2012
Thank you Susan for taking the time to write a review about the Bitacora and your stay. I would however like to clarify a few points, as I have been totally misquoted and misrepresented in this review. I am happy for people to give their opinions, but I really would like if the we could stick to the facts. I got a call from you at 01.45 and I rang the police immediately. I came to your apartment the next monring to see what had happened. I most certainly did not say this was the first break in. The door had not been forced. What I asked you was were you sure that it had been closed properlly. That all the break ins we have had were because people did not lock the door correctly. For all of you who are reading this, and are concerned about this, if the door is locked in the correct manner, it is almost impossible to get in. I was not doubting you had been broken into. What I did say was that in any of the previous break ins, it had been accesses through the front door. You pointed out to me that they had come in through the bedroom window. Which I did say to you seemed highly unlikely, as we have bars on these windows, and it would take a tiny person to get through these. I took your husband to the police station to make the report for your insurance . And before I left , I organised that you were moved to a first floor apartment straight away. The police station has interpretors for anyone who has to report an incident. They charge 50 euro for this service. I went with your husband, as I have done in the past with other guests, to save them this cost. We are the only compelx where the manager assits in this manner incidentally. Just to point out to other people reading this, the police also said it was impossible for someone to have got in the bedroom windo. And also that the main door had not been forced. And in their report, it was written that the door had not been closed properly and someone had tried the door, and gained access.
We are at this current time, lookiing into getting new locks on the doors. Our system is difficult to understand, and I did actually point out to you, that on occassions when I have stayed, I have also thought the door locked when it was not. We are hoping to change the door locks to something straight forward , and that when you close the door, it is locked. I am very sorry this incident occured on your holiday and fully understand how upset you must have been. But I think it is unfair to misquote me, and not tell the full story. Many thanks. Geraldine
Killorglin, Kerry, Ireland
Reviewed 29 March 2012

I have just returned from a week staying at the Bitacora and have to say it was the nicest place I have stayed in while on a sun holiday. I travelled on my own and was made feel so welcome, I also made a lot of friends there. The apartments were spotless, the pool clean and the staff at the pool bar couldn't have been nicer, also the food was lovely. I felt safe there and had a great time.

Room Tip: I would ask for a pool view.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo